Does the AH Swift avionics work the way they should?

Thread: Does the AH Swift avionics work the way they should?

Does the AH Swift avionics work the way they should?

Hi, I´m using the AH Swift in P3Dv2.4

I cant make the ILS gauge work. When tuning an ILS, I get a directional reading from the Nav gauge. Could it have something to do with 1 nav radio and 2 nav gauges?

Also, so far I dont get any ADF readings. I have only tried a few, so I will try some more.

Any comments. I have contacted AH with these issues.

Hi Donny,
    Someone from AH might be able to confirm, but I think the ILS gauge is mislabeled as such in the manuals. It seems to be just a basic VOR/CDI gauge, and does not have glideslope capability. At least that's the way it appears on my Swift.

As for the ADF, if you copy and overwrite the section below into the [Radios] section of your aircraft.cfg, the ADF should function and the second needle on the RMI should point to the tuned NDB. It seems that the Swift installer has the 'Adf.1' section set to '0', which deactivates the ADF functionality. Hope this helps.

[Radios]
    // Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1 = 1
    Com.1 = 1, 0
    Nav.1 = 1, 0, 0
    Adf.1 = 1
    Transponder.1 = 0
    Marker.1 = 0
    -Mark

While you are editing the aircraft.cfg you want to change this...

[Radios]
    // Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1 = 1
    Com.1 = 1, 0
    Nav.1 = 1, 0, 1
    Adf.1 = 1
    Transponder.1 = 0
    Marker.1 = 0

That will enable the glideslope if the gauge is coded for it.

cheers,
    Lane

Thanks for the help.

Now the ADF works, but the socalled glideslope gauge stays dead. Its not a big deal, A glideslope gauge is not what I expected to find in a Swift with 1 nav radio, but AH should maybe have written in the manual that it was nonfuncional.

I got a swift reply from AH saying that the gauge issues will be fixed in a patch soon.
    Now, thats thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    I got a swift reply from AH saying that the gauge issues will be fixed in a patch soon.
    Now, thats thumbs up.
    Thumbs up indeed! Great model, neat features, reasonable price, and an upcoming patch. This is what I like from a 'non-complex' addon. Other devs that produce addons of similar scope should take note.
    Jim Stewart

Members who have read this thread: 1