Digital Combat Simulator

Thread: Digital Combat Simulator

Digital Combat Simulator

Came across Digital Combat Simulator on the web. Anybody know anything about it?
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

What specifically do you want to know?

It's a high-fidelity combat flight simulator featuring an abundance of aircraft (payware addons) to include the A-10, F-15, F-86, Su-27, Su-25, and others. Many say that today, it is the most advanced simulator (available to the public) on the market.
    At the current time, it is set in the Crimea, with further locations (such as Nevada) coming in the future.

A number of the aircraft are faithful reproductions (systems-simulations) of the real deal.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    What specifically do you want to know?

It's a high-fidelity combat flight simulator featuring an abundance of aircraft (payware addons) to include the A-10, F-15, F-86, Su-27, Su-25, and others. Many say that today, it is the most advanced simulator (available to the public) on the market.
    At the current time, it is set in the Crimea, with further locations (such as Nevada) coming in the future.

A number of the aircraft are faithful reproductions (systems-simulations) of the real deal.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/
    I am downloading it now and just wanted to see if it was worth the look as it seems to be a heavy download (taking a couple hours)
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

Cool

i play DCS its a great simulator though it gets A money Pot once you start buying addons so keep that in Mind you only get a SU-25 and a P51 free the other aircraft you need to buy and they are not cheap trust me on that one i have been playing for long time Though i do enjoy it Alot Just remmber you will be spending you fsx Cash there and less here lol
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Isn't this just a further version of Lock On? Same scenario in Crimea. Though Crimea of course has been relevant IRL recently, I am not sure the aircraft available in this sim realistically fit the geography as well as they may have 10 years ago when Flanker/Lock On was coming out.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

They want to give those addon planes almost for free quite often.

MiG-21 is a masterpiece.

Welcome to Georgia
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Lock On was neat for its day*, but everything after that never tickled my fancy at all. The planes got extremely detailed, but the map is still looks like 2003. Not to mention the late-1990s semi-static campaign system. #teamfalcon4

*Without Lock On, there wouldn't be these gems:
    http://youtu.be/1wEURyjB3Lc
    http://youtu.be/sH7TiA58UzQ

DCS 2.0 is going to hit beta soon (there are alpha videos on YouTube) with a new graphics/terrain engine that brings the rest of the sim into the 21st century to match the detailed planes.

If you like hardcore, system-simulated flight, DCS is the best out there right now. The planes go on sale periodically, but it can take a lot of flying just to master a single platform. The Sabre is amazingly cool, and I'll grab the MiG-15 once it goes on discount.

Members who have read this thread: 0