AH Globe Swift is out
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AH Globe Swift is out

Oh Yea!! Downloading now!

Looks nice!!!
    Waiting for some review.

Nice news and welcome back AH! I'll wait when it will be in PCAviator.

More info here: http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_swift.php

Aircraft in Bill Lyons style....

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Very nice. . . .not a high altitude/Mountain flyer though. . .decreased performance above 8000' (service ceiling is supposed to be 18,000') in mountainous areas leave very little room for error if you must maneuver.

For $20?? I'll be absolutely flying this one tonight!!

Looks really, really nice. Now I'm excited for the day to get finished with so I can go have some sim time!!
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Very nice. . . .not a high altitude/Mountain flyer though. . .decreased performance above 8000' (service ceiling is supposed to be 18,000') in mountainous areas leave very little room for error if you must maneuver.
    Remember that "service ceiling" is the altitude 'at which a 100 fpm climb cannot be maintained' - or as one of my instructors put it: "you'll run out of gas before you get any higher".

8000 ft with a carburetor-equipped 125 HP engine is pretty good. Toss out the passenger and most of the gas and you might see a small improvement. Of course, you can have a density altitude over 8K on a hot summer day at KELP.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

That's great!! ...but I want it from another vendor. I'll wait and see who's first.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    That's great!! ...but I want it from another vendor. I'll wait and see who's first.
    I know what you mean...but I had to have it so I set aside my rule this one time and purchased it today and I have to say I love this little birdie

It has the nicest form for a low wing mono and being practically a Golden Age design why wouldn't it?
    AH has captured the form perfectly and made a winning model that has virtually zero impact on FPS while being of terrific detail.

It flies right, looks right, sounds right and features a beauty grill...like a '49 Buick.

First flight from Bonners Ferry to SandPoint - winner winner, chicken dinner
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Hi Rog,

I'd be interested to know about your views on vendors. Could you email me please? We are still adjusting our "position" on sales etc. so all input is of value.

Don't forget everyone, there is a fully flyable demo available for download for you to try before you buy. And you can get a 5% discount if you post on Facebook or Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    And you can get a 5% discount if you post on Facebook or Twitter.
    Not a big deal, but the discount did not work for me. Did the tweet and it went no further on the purchase. Maybe me, I dunno.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hi Rog,

I'd be interested to know about your views on vendors. Could you email me please? We are still adjusting our "position" on sales etc. so all input is of value.

Don't forget everyone, there is a fully flyable demo available for download for you to try before you buy. And you can get a 5% discount if you post on Facebook or Twitter.

Hi Baz,

I'm not sure if I have a current e-mail address, so I'll pm you here.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hi Steve, very odd, we are looking into it. It is supposed to work automatically at the purchase point. Thanks for the HU.

It appears the auto discount feature is not working correctly for all browsers. We are temporarily disabling it until we can get it sorted with the provider.
    Very sorry fr any inconvenience, it will happen once we have it sorted. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Baz,

I'm not sure if I have a current e-mail address, so I'll pm you here.
    Thanks Rog, I have it. I will digest and further think.

I'm very glad to see that there is an option to buy it directly from the AH website. Will be using that, rather than any vendor.

Nothing against any particular vendor; however on an inexpensive item such as this, I don't mind if 100% of my money goes to support the developers.
    Jim Stewart

Bazzar!

It is good to see Aeroplane Heaven is still up and running. The globe swift is an awesome looking classic bird!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    I'm very glad to see that there is an option to buy it directly from the AH website. Will be using that, rather than any vendor.

Nothing against any particular vendor; however on an inexpensive item such as this, I don't mind if 100% of my money goes to support the developers.
    I also prefer to buy directly from the developers. Before I hit the "Buy now" box at AH, can you tell me if they accept a Visa card? Some places only sell with a Pay-Pal account which I do not have and don't wish to have.

Currently credit card purchases can be processed via FS Pilotshop. We are not yet set up for card payments, only PayPal.

Auto-discount fix

Hello Fellas,

I'm the bloke responsible for the site.
    I have researched the issue with the auto discounts and it is a per user problem. Good news is I know what the issue is and this information is below as well as being put into the FAQ sometime today.

Problem :
    Basically if you are like me you like your privacy. You probably have installed ghostery or something similar which stops tracking of your actions and websites. It is this that is stopping the discount. Screenshot is from the mac version of chrome ( and yes I know it leaks webrtc ip addresses which is why you should use firefox anyway but it is simple and people are still using it ).

FIX :
    When you come to the site you'll see that your icon will have 0 trackers on it. however when you hit buy now this number goes up to 6. this is the sharing feature. If you disable the tracker temporarily ( as I have in the screenshot ) and reload the site the icon goes grey and you can then buy the product with the 5% discount. This has been tested in Chrome 41, firefox35 and safari. IE not so much.

Anyone want to do the maths for me to make the discount exactly 18.95 instead of 18.96 that would be nice. ( not sure if I can enter in decimal points into the % field though )

At no point does Aeroplaneheaven track your activities. Only when you want to buy the product with a discount should you ever need to temporarily disable the anti-tracking. If you dont want the discount you can leave the anti-tracking software on and the protocols all still work .

Remember to re-enable ghostery ( anti-tracking software ) afterwards.

Back to your regular show now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tracking_disable.jpg  
    Last edited by pilto von pilto; March 4th, 2015 at 15:53. Reason: The animated beaker was not required... no really.

It really is FPS friendly, even on my old XP rig. Thums up!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-3-4_19-43-46-640.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	20586

Name:	2015-3-4_19-44-59-890.jpg 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	20587

Name:	2015-3-4_19-51-53-312.jpg 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	20588

I'm a sucker for these classic GA's. Unfortunately there is a very annoying audio blip every 5 seconds in mid to full throttle audio. Seems to be in the high RPM audio layer. Nav lights are also a bit bright for my tastes. Prop disc could have been volumetric. Barely detectable drag when wheels are lowered. Barely any change in aircraft attitude with full flap drop. I would expect some with a craft this small. Oh well, it looks nice. The blinking eyes are a bit weird, but I like the addition of the female pilot and alternative co-pilot settings from the clipboard.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I'm a sucker for these classic GA's. Unfortunately there is a very annoying audio blip every 5 seconds in mid to full throttle audio. Seems to be in the high RPM audio layer. Nav lights are also a bit bright for my tastes. Prop disc could have been volumetric. Barely detectable drag when wheels are lowered. Barely any change in aircraft attitude with full flap drop. I would expect some with a craft this small. Oh well, it looks nice. The blinking eyes are a bit weird, but I like the addition of the female pilot and alternative co-pilot settings from the clipboard.
    We will obviously be looking into things once the dust has settled and like all our productions will be issuing updates. But I can assure you that the dynamics were built by somebody with many original,professional and personal hours on the Swift.

Checking out the demo on a short dusk flight. A lot of fun to fly even with the limitations.

Like Roger, curious to see if it pops up for sale at another shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b.jpg   a.jpg  

I have also noted the slight audio bug wrt engine throttle...not a show stopper and likely an easy fix on AH's side

as to the FDE - I do notice LG drag when extended and what I assume is adequate attitudinal changes as well as proper drag penalty / reduction with flap extension / retraction so....not sure what to make of that claim...

This model is a home run in my view, helped by the fact that this airplane is a light GA from my favorite era of flight - still - a Home Run !

I look forward to my next purchase from AH - ( the F3F Grumman I hope)

The Swift

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 2