AH Globe Swift is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AH Globe Swift is out

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Currently credit card purchases can be processed via FS Pilotshop. We are not yet set up for card payments, only PayPal.
    Perfect. Bought direct from your site and downloading as I type.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Hello Fellas,

I'm the bloke responsible for the site.
    I have researched the issue with the auto discounts and it is a per user problem. Good news is I know what the issue is and this information is below as well as being put into the FAQ sometime today. Back to your regular show now.
    Sorry, but that does not apply to me. Nothing extra going on with my system. Mac using Safari or Opera.

-steve

Anyone not able to get the discount to work there is a quick workaround. If you go to the AH sellfy product page you can buy direct from there:

https://sellfy.com/aeroplaneheaven

Annoyingly when you click the buy now button it takes you to the checkout with the full amount but you just close that popup and it will allow you to post to facebook/twitter at that point. I have tested this in safari just now. It works from their site just not from ours on safari.

Thanks for the testing it all helps especially for our plans for planes in the future.

I just finished my first flight; well done, guys. Bravo!

There's a whole lot to like about this package:

- Really nice touches on the modelling, especially in the VC. Textures are nice, and lots of little touches, like the keys that jiggle while the plane is running, or the nicely modeled bolts alongside the inside of the canopy. The various controls and switches are really nicely done. I also like how accessible the radios are, even for being so low. It's the first time that I've ever seen the long tuning knobs used to a good advantage, we're so used to seeing them straight on, but from above they provide a large clickspot for your mouse.

- The cold start tutorial with the individually removable post-it notes is absolutely wonderful. On that note, the clipboard with it's notes and options is charming as well as funny.

- Handles very nicely in the air. I can't judge how accurate it might be, but an aircraft like this should be a pleasure to hand fly, and it really is. I did find it a bit hard to slow down on approach; trying to observe the gear and flap limits means that you really have to plan ahead. Again, I have no input on whether this is accurate, but it is a bit of a quirk to keep in mind. I did get a nice flare though, and for the first landing with a new plane I had an absolutely perfect landing. I wish all my landings were that smooth, in fact.

- A very nice selection of liveries, that speak to the age of the plane.

- A nice selection of pilots / co-pilots. Two provided for each position, and then you can swap positions, which really gives you four possible pilots.

- Twin installers included. I'm not a P3D user at this point, but a nice touch all the same, considering the low cost.

Really, considering the cost, this aircraft is an absolutely gem.

I'm not about to be picky regarding small details, but I did notice a few small bugs I think - maybe not bugs? Again, this is no way a complaint, I'd be perfectly content with the aircraft if it never gets touched again by the devs, but purely for feedback purposes:
    - the clipboard option to 'enable pilot', when unchecked, still has the pilot shown.
    - the switch over on the far right hand side that shows/hides the nice little autopilot panel also shows and hides the left side yoke.

Anyhow, I'm finished my $100 hamburger, back off to return to my home strip.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I'm a sucker for these classic GA's. Unfortunately there is a very annoying audio blip every 5 seconds in mid to full throttle audio. Seems to be in the high RPM audio layer. Nav lights are also a bit bright for my tastes. Prop disc could have been volumetric. Barely detectable drag when wheels are lowered. Barely any change in aircraft attitude with full flap drop. I would expect some with a craft this small. Oh well, it looks nice. The blinking eyes are a bit weird, but I like the addition of the female pilot and alternative co-pilot settings from the clipboard.
    I'm also noticing that there is very little rudder response in flight, but plenty on the ground. Is this normal for the Swift? Cross-wind landing is impossible. Nothing noted in the manual. I'll try the model in P3D next.

d

According to real world pilots who have a lot of Swift time, the rudder was/is very poor in flight with little response. We have tried very hard to replicate the flight characteristics of the Swift according to these guys. There are several good articles written by them about the early Swifts. The later models with engine /thrust changes did make a big difference but this baby ain't one of those.

Cross-wind landings are not recommended according to period reviews...

We will, of course be noting all and every possible bug and well, you know the rest....

According to real world pilots who have a lot of Swift time, the rudder was/is very poor in flight with little response. We have tried very hard to replicate the flight characteristics of the Swift according to these guys. There are several good articles written by them about the early Swifts. The later models with engine /thrust changes did make a big difference but this baby ain't one of those.

Cross-wind landings are not recommended according to period reviews...

We will, of course be noting all and every possible bug and well, you know the rest....
    So I guess if there is a cross wind at your destination you don't land. I just tried the Swift in P3D v.2. I get pitch up with flaps extended as I would expect, not found in FSX. And surprisingly, full rudder control in flight with P3D, not found in FSX. Still very little drag with the wheels extended.

d

Rather than keep quoting other people, have a read of this one. There are many others.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepSwift.html

I really like the demo but as I live in the UK I assume that I cannot purchase it from the AH website. As I won't purchase from a vendor that charges for downloads after a certain period I am hoping the Swift will be available from other sites soon.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Nice one Baz! Had to get this if only to paint G-ARNN (I know it was a GC-1B but what the hell!). FSPilotShop state that the paintkit is available from AH but perhaps they were being a bit premature as I could not find it on the site.

Cheers, Peter W

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Nice one Baz! Had to get this if only to paint G-ARNN (I know it was a GC-1B but what the hell!). FSPilotShop state that the paintkit is available from AH but perhaps they were being a bit premature as I could not find it on the site.

Cheers, Peter W
    Here ya go Peter: http://www.fspilotshop.com/special/D...tkit-swift.zip

Cheers,

Johan

I like the dangling keys. Now that's a Bill Lyons touch if ever there was one.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Great work, AH! Not only is the subject matter very reminiscent of Bill Lyon's work, but so is the reasonable price point. I'm really looking forward to your other forthcoming works.

One very minor issue I noticed - the ADF is commented out in the 'radio' section of the aircraft.cfg, as seen below. Although the ADF turns on, the needle does not deflect towards the tuned station. I changed Adf.1 to a "1" on mine, and all seems to operate well now.

[Radios]
    // Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1 = 1
    Com.1 = 1, 0
    Nav.1 = 1, 0, 0
    Adf.1 = 0
    Transponder.1 = 0
    Marker.1 = 0
    Last edited by mgchrist5; March 5th, 2015 at 07:10.
    -Mark

Rather than keep quoting other people, have a read of this one. There are many others.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepSwift.html
    After reading this, the FSX rendition is the more accurate, lack of rudder response seems to be the norm.

Beautiful airplane, flight dynamics seem on the money to me and a joy to fly. Some shots of Bill (WND) and I flying the New England Hoplist this morning. In the "Final Approach" image I was tracking straight down the rwy, but the winds had other ideas, lol.

A question:

This is being billed as a GC-1A. However, the .air file is called GC-1B, and the aircraft.cfg file lists 'max_rated_hp= 125', which matches the real GC-1B. In addition, the swift1_notes.txt file lists the following info:

Powerplant Continental C-85-12 or C-85-12F, 85 hp @ 2,575 rpm (GC-1A)
    Continental C-125-1 or C-125-2, 125 hp @ 2,550 rpm (GC-1B)

Soooo... are we seeing the performance and handling of a GC-1A, or a GC-1B?

Or are we to assume that our beautiful GC-1A has underwent an upgrade to a GC-1B, which from my research, many of them indeed were!

No criticism intended, just confused as to which version this is.

My secret hope is actually that we see an expansion for this, that includes both versions, or a modernized sport version with a sliding canopy and a big 210 HP IO-360.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post

No criticism intended, just confused as to which version this is.

My secret hope is actually that we see an expansion for this, that includes both versions, or a modernized sport version with a sliding canopy and a big 210 HP IO-360.
    Yes, I´m confused as well with the version we have. It could be nice with an expansion with 210hp, more modern gauges and a funky paint. More or less just like the good Bill Lyons version. But I dont need a Classic Swift Floatplane. But dont dont make the expansion now. Wait. This one is very good as it is. A true little gem.
    And if you one day make a patch, not that its needed, please give the sound some 10 - 20% more volume. Its a bit quiet as it is and its not the same to turn up volume.
    But more than anything, thanks for making us another little lowwing taildragger. I think you guys are the only ones doing that. The Chipmunk is a great fly as well, but not as fun as the Swift.

To the guys at Aero Plane Heaven - GREAT JOB !!

Some more pics of our 'hop list' flight this morning..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mar 5 2015 002.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	20616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mar 5 2015 004.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	20617

Had a bit of fun with the paint kit while at work today. Was surprised when I went to start on this livery and discovered that the registration number was already in this package with a much different paint job! That said, this is a real livery for this reg (N3368K), albeit for a GC-1B.

Jim Stewart

Downloaded the demo to try it out and I am quite impressed. A fun little plane. And on my short list to get at that price. I love the Chipmunk, but this one is much better. Just need the right music and cruise

Had a bit of fun with the paint kit while at work today. Was surprised when I went to start on this livery and discovered that the registration number was already in this package with a much different paint job! That said, this is a real livery for this reg (N3368K), albeit for a GC-1B.

I swear I had a screenshot on this post, no idea what happened to it. I'll have to put it up later, perhaps when I upload the paint.

What's the proper way to show a nice large image in a post?
    Jim Stewart

. . . . . .What's the proper way to show a nice large image in a post?
    If you figure that out let me know. Every time I post nice sized images they're reduced to postage stamps by the time I post.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    You need to have an account at a site like Photobucket. From there you can add a link in Sim Outhouse and the screenshot will show in full size.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I use Imgbox, you upload the screenshot and choose the BB Code link and paste it into your post...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks for the tips. Imgbox looks like a winner.

Anyhow, here's the missing pic:

Jim Stewart

Members who have read this thread: 2