Atmosphere mod for P3D?

Thread: Atmosphere mod for P3D?

Atmosphere mod for P3D?

I am very unhappy with the dusk colors in P3D. FSX looked great but P3D has this horrible cloying violet purple color...

anyone find a fix for this?

Blog Entries
    REX Essential Plus, Texture Direct. If you haven't tried these, they have a palette of sky colors for dawn, dusk and daytime. I consider it a fundamental add on for P3D.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    REX Essential Plus, Texture Direct. If you haven't tried these, they have a palette of sky colors for dawn, dusk and daytime. I consider it a fundamental add on for P3D.
    I concur! It'll also fix ocean / airport ground textures as well as clouds, of course.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I believe the freeware HDE v2 sky textures converted to FSX will work as well.
    (ensure you download that package that is EXPLICITLY converted for FSX, because the original textures of this pack are not compatible).

tks, I think I'll try the freeware stuff first as I already sprung for the Rex soft clouds and $40 is a lot of change for new colors

much better, thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rr.jpg  

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Just downloaded the suggested REX product but can't get it to open because of a "Windows" problem ??!!
    Anyone else run into this ??

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Just downloaded the suggested REX product but can't get it to open because of a "Windows" problem ??!!
    Anyone else run into this ??

LD
    Luckydog, can you be a bit more specific regarding the "windows problem"? What error message do you get?

Dumonceau

If I click on a REX file all I get is a Winzip ad.........
    if I click on the installer file I get: "not compatible with your version of windows" (which is 7)....

LD

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by davido53 View Post
    much better, thank you!
    That looks just as good as any REX screen shot!

Went to the support site and ran into more bullch*t......."need to give order number and where you bought it"........

I thought that when you install the product and enter a 25 figure registration code that would be enough ......... ????

followed orders, but..........

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Blog Entries
    What software are you using to download the REX product? These are large files and can easily get corrupted if you have an interruption in your download.

I suggest Internet Download Manager.

Also turn off your anti virus and Windows Firewall when you download and install.

You shouldn't have any problems installing REX in Windows 7.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

This shouldn't happen at all like Gman says...

But winzip that opens up after launching the installer? I hope the file associations on your rig are ok.

Check to see whether winzip is the associated program to alter cab files. That could be a reason!

Good luck!

Johan

Members who have read this thread: 0