While We Wait for the Fokker F27

Thread: While We Wait for the Fokker F27

While We Wait for the Fokker F27

Today I was going through my rather vast collection of unbuilt models kits(over 400 of them) and found this somewhat rare kit. This ESCI/ERTL kit was a reproduction version around 1990/91 and those familiar with this particular mold know that it was revised and repackaged many times over 2 plus decades. I was given this kit about 15 years ago and boxed it up and forgot about it till I found it today. It's still very intact and the decals in perfect shape. I bought a different version of this kit when I was in high school in the early 80's(I think it was $15 back then) and kept that built model until I gave it away in the 1990's. Nowadays the going price of this kit varies around the $40 mark give or take. Anyhow, going to continue to keep this one a good while & needless to say, it will remain unbuilt. Seeing this model today has fueled my fire for the release of the Just Flight version!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice, 'Storm! You're not the only one waiting for the JF Friendship with excitement....

nice model!

Kent

I remember walking past the Golden Knights F-27 on my way to the chow hall at Ft Bragg

looking forward to the JF bird also.
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Hopefully even though Piedmont flew Fairchilds, someone will make good use of the paint kit to do a Piedmont F-27 scheme, would look awesome on this Just Flight bird.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Hopefully even though Piedmont flew Fairchilds, someone will make good use of the paint kit to do a Piedmont F-27 scheme, would look awesome on this Just Flight bird.
    I agree, I hope we see the Piedmont paints as well. jymp, I think you and I talked a lot about seeing/hearing those old Piedmont FH-227's operating way back when(Piedmont's F-27's were operated from 1958-1967 but the FH-227's flew from 1968-1982). There's little difference between the early Fokker & Fairchild F.27's so a Piedmont paint won't at all be a stretch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes we did Storm, hope all is well these days bud, I see this JF bird will have a paint kit, wish I knew how to do repaints, lol

Great start up video. Make sure you have your ear plugs in.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Great video!

Brian

Nice vid but I can't help thinking that had that Dart had a wet start.. the bloke on the end of the camera would've been done to a crisp!

ATB
    DaveB

You poor, poor sods are still waiting for a PDT F-27?

HA HA!!!! Storm - I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Gloating...BIGTIME)

Kent

I hope there will be some central and south american liveries!!! Me gusta volar en Centro America, Mexico y Colombia

Bjoern has been doing good things......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-3-14_17-29-51-867.jpg   2015-3-14_17-40-51-565.jpg   2015-3-14_17-47-1-386.jpg   2015-3-14_17-59-48-790.jpg  

look great! I am hoping there will be at least one Indonesian operator livery.
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    HA HA!!!! Storm - I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Gloating...BIGTIME)

Kent
    LMAO!!!!! Yeap! However, must be getting slow in his old age, took longer than I expected... lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FYI, my first draft for a reply wasn't as suave.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Bjoern has been doing [s]good[/s] great things......
    Fixed

- E:

Ah, strikethroughs don't work in replies...bummer.

Members who have read this thread: 0