WW2 pictures I scanned at the Naval Aviation Museum today..

Thread: WW2 pictures I scanned at the Naval Aviation Museum today..

WW2 pictures I scanned at the Naval Aviation Museum today..

Today's task at the museum was scanning some WW2 pictures from a kamikaze attack on the USS Manila (CVE-61). These are just a few of them. Pictured also is the USS Frank (DD 584). I also scanned some really interesting pictures donated by a former Japanese pilot, who had been captured. The pictures are of some kamikaze pilots who participated in the attack on the Manila. I didn't make copies of those, but can. Very interesting stuff, I think! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 09.jpg   USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 11.jpg   USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 03a.jpg   USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 01.jpg  
    Last edited by Navy Chief; March 3rd, 2015 at 18:07.

More of attack on USS Manila

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 14.jpg   USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 15.jpg   USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 16.jpg   USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 17.jpg  
    Last edited by Navy Chief; March 3rd, 2015 at 18:09.

Something didn't work right. Nothing but X's
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Well heck. Was trying to post pictures, but not have attachments as well. Every time I upload a picture, the attachment shows as well NC

"Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Don't think that is the reason. The problem was posted about recently, but can't recall the solution.

I will post the pictures again in a while. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USS Manila Bay, USS Frank, others 18.jpg  

could you please check next time you goto the museum for some photos of the USS Prince William? CVE-31 Please that was the Jeep carrier my Grand father was aboard in WW2 he even was at lady golf he has alot of great stories
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    could you please check next time you goto the museum for some photos of the USS Prince William? CVE-31 Please that was the Jeep carrier my Grand father was aboard in WW2 he even was at lady golf he has alot of great stories
    I will make a note to check on it. I think you mean "Leyte Gulf"? I am at the museum (for now, anyway) just once a week, on Tuesdays. NC

lol yep They put Coconut Trees on the flightr deck when it was there for camo and the some Marines Though They were Real and shot at the ship Trying tp shoot Coconut off the tree lol
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Members who have read this thread: 0