Downloads Help Please

Thread: Downloads Help Please

Downloads Help Please

So, the other day I downloaded these:

Colhawk
    Douglas C-47 V2
    c177RG
    Spartan Executive with fix..

Now.. MY FSX sits on a seperate SSD drive.

All the above mentioned downloads give me an error:

Sorry, an error has occured
    The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author.

Now.. i can see maybe one AIR file being corrupt, maybe, b ut them all?

Thanks.

Members +
    Maybe have a look in Windows & see which application opens up the .air extension, & delete that?

Are you trying to install them by clicking the .air file? If so, don't! Windows may think that's an installer, but that's because you have Adobe Air installed.
    The aircraft should come with installation instructions. They're probably just a copy and paste job.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Are you trying to install them by clicking the .air file? If so, don't! Windows may think that's an installer, but that's because you have Adobe Air installed.
    The aircraft should come with installation instructions. They're probably just a copy and paste job.
    That is just what seem,s to be happening.. Thanks.. Windows is seeing them (air files) as an installer. But all but one says it should just have the installer run..

I'll just open them and manually install them I guess.

Thanks

I've just found the zip for the C-47 V2 and it doesn't have an installer. I think DG is bang on mate. Just open the zips and install manually

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've just found the zip for the C-47 V2 and it doesn't have an installer. I think DG is bang on mate. Just open the zips and install manually

ATB
    DaveB

You too are correct.. I misread installer for unzipping into the main fsx install.

Got them all going now.

many thanks !

Members who have read this thread: 0