Suggestion for racing sim?

Thread: Suggestion for racing sim?

Suggestion for racing sim?

I have never had a racing sim, but am considering getting one. A couple of my wife's relatives (grandson and granddaughter) are coming for a visit this summer. I have a CH Yoke and multi function panel that I posted on the Swap forum today, hoping to trade for a racing wheel/pedals. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I have never had a racing sim, but am considering getting one. A couple of my wife's relatives (grandson and granddaughter) are coming for a visit this summer. I have a CH Yoke and multi function panel that I posted on the Swap forum today, hoping to trade for a racing wheel/pedals. NC
    NC, do you have access to any gaming system or just PC? Im not a racing gamer, but what my son has with the various gaming systems looks unreal. I know we did some superbike stuff that was Awesome. Honestly, I think big screen HD TV and gaming systems may be the best way to go with racing sims. just my 2 cents... now get back to asking about A-4's and stuff... I know that.

E

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    NC, do you have access to any gaming system or just PC? Im not a racing gamer, but what my son has with the various gaming systems looks unreal. I know we did some superbike stuff that was Awesome. Honestly, I think big screen HD TV and gaming systems may be the best way to go with racing sims. just my 2 cents... now get back to asking about A-4's and stuff... I know that.

E

Just my PC. My monitor is a 27" Asus. I do have a 60" HDTV in my living room, but way too much hassle to connect to it. Also, I probably won't be "racing" all that often.

Carrier ops are my thing! NC

let me look in my shed..i may still have my old wheel and peddles..if so ill let ya know in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    let me look in my shed..i may still have my old wheel and peddles..if so ill let ya know in a few hours.
    Okie dokie! Thanks for lookin'!

ok..ive got everything but two items are missing,there is a peddle system what has throttle,brake and clutch..a 6 slot shifter,it has several power connectionsand a few differant boxes to connect it all...one thing missing is the power supply..its somewhere around here...the second thing....ummm...errrmmm...the wheel is missing.its got to be here somewhere...ill see if i can get someone to lift my bed and see if its there..

Dave

Thanks for looking, Dave. As for what sim, I am looking on Steam., Need for Speed looks interesting. NC

Assetoo Corsa is pretty darned cool..i enjoy it...look in the thread here for asseto corsa ..lots of screen shots ect.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Need for Speed looks interesting.
    Do you want a sim or a game..?

Sims: GT Legends, GTR2, GTR Evolution, Race On, Raceroom experience (Free basic game!), iRacing, Assetto Corsa and soon project Cars are all available through Steam. And then there's rFactor and rFactor2, and WRC 1-4 for Rallying.

Games: Need For Speed, the crew, Grid, Shift 1&2 (Though these can be modded to be more sim like), Codemasters F1 2010-2014, test drive unlimited.

Codemasters' Dirt games are fun but used games for windows live which is now defunct and Codemasters have not yet supplied a solution.

There's a logn list of NASCAR games/sims out there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NASCAR_video_games But I have very little experience with those since Nascar raacing 2 from '96.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Assetoo Corsa is pretty darned cool..i enjoy it...look in the thread here for asseto corsa ..lots of screen shots ect.
    Thanks, Dave and Ferry. Assetoo Corsa's a bit too expensive for me. The free Raceroom Experience on Steam looks nice. Just for the heck of it, I tried assigning my Saitek X52 system as the controller. Er, not gonna work!

NC

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    There's a long list of NASCAR games/sims out there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NASCAR_video_games But I have very little experience with those since Nascar racing 2 from '96.
    If you can live with a few rule changes by NASCAR since its release, NASCAR Racing 2003 Season is still very enjoyable. Plus there is a wide variety of mods available for it. I have not tried any of the other NASCAR games released after 2003, so I can not really tell you much about them.
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

Members who have read this thread: 0