Wozza's AT6G?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wozza's AT6G?

Wozza's AT6G?

i believe his nick is Wozza?..derick Warrick?..maybe thats where ive gone wrong?..anyway ive spent a couple days now trying to find the plane itself ...to no avail ,ive found a bunch of Bomber12's repaints...but not the plane itself...can someone help?

Warwick Carter
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Try here: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...=fsx&Go=Search. This should be the updated version. The file you are after is fsds_t6_ver1.1.zip

Wozza was Warwick Carter - Derek Warwick was a Formula One driver!
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Make sure you also download the update as otherwise the repaints will have an issue with the cowlings.

Cheers,
    Huub

And if you do like Huub suggested, you can have something like this, freeware with payware quality!

Of course with a Belgian repaint, I'm a patriot!

Johan

thanks everyone,and to Mr Carter...im sorry for what i did to your name sir..

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Try here: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...=fsx&Go=Search. This should be the updated version. The file you are after is fsds_t6_ver1.1.zip

Wozza was Warwick Carter - Derek Warwick was a Formula One driver!
    Your link worked thanks

The other links http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=34324054
    and the repaints
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=34324089

were a dud... so where are the repaints?

Edit: I have a collection of repaints from the previous version, perhaps they will work with this V1.1

Edit: John Terrill did an FDE update file called jt_woz_t6_fdeup.zip
    Its purpose was and I quote "This is a set of modified flight dynamics for the freeware Warwick "Wozza" Carter AT-6G Texan. These modified flight dynamics keep all of the good things about the original flight dynamics in-place, but improves the engine and prop performance for more accuracy. Requires the files t6texmod.zip and fsds_t-6update.zip to be installed first."

Sent John a PM and asked his opinion on his FDE update to see if it is still applicable for this V1.1

Film at 11

Version 1.1 of the aircraft was released way back in 2010, only days after the original/initial release. Only one repaint, that I'm aware of, was ever released for the original version of the aircraft, that being woz_t-6_rcaf.zip by Michael Flahault. All of the other repaints that I'm aware of require V1.1 to be installed in order to have the cowl texturing show properly. I believe Flightsim.com is the only site where you have to download both the original/initial release and the update separate, where as if you download the aircraft from Avsim or Simviation, released later, it's packaged together as a single unit.

These repaints are available for V1.1 at Flightsim.com (and some of these are also available elsewhere):

snj-2wozza.zip
    saafhvd.zip
    reno_57.zip
    t6gusarmy.zip (2 repaints)
    jt_at6_vhnzh.zip
    jt_at6_n85696.zip
    jt_at6_n7083c.zip
    jt_at6_n3931y.zip
    jt_at6_n244gr.zip
    jt_at6_gtdjn.zip
    jt_at6_n92778.zip
    jt_at6_n651sh.zip
    jt_at6_n518ww.zip
    jt_at6_n45ck.zip
    jt_at6_n43826.zip
    jt_at6_n3405.zip
    jt_at6_gbtxi.zip
    jt_at6_cgbqb.zip
    wc_t-6_brvg.zip
    saafhvd2.zip
    jt_at6_luke.zip (5 repaints)
    jt_at6_factory.zip (2 repaints)
    jt_at6_bfts.zip (4 repaints)
    jt_at6_8thaf.zip (3 repaints)
    jt_texan_ta163.zip
    jt_texan_ta074.zip
    jt_texan_ng274.zip
    jt_texan_lta579.zip
    jt_at6_n4503b.zip
    jt_at6_fazrb.zip (2 repaints)
    maam_snj4.zip
    jt_at-6_n884ta.zip

T6-HBRCN-v1.zip available here for V1.1: http://www.stephanebeilliard.com/blo...ht-Simulator-X

3 Royal French Navy repaints here for V1.1 (scroll down to "RFN Textures"): http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Creations.htm

These repaints are available for V1.1 at the Sim-Outhouse library:

Double Dutch, T-6 Harvard repaints, N13FY and PH-TBR.zip (2 repaints)
    North American AT-6 Texan, N13FY, Version 2.zip
    North American AT-6 Texan, Uruguay Air Force, 372.zip
    T-6 WW2 Skinpack.zip (4 repaints)
    SKHV AT-6 Havard, repaint pack.zip (3 repaints)
    Belgian Harvard 4K flown by Col Nossin Belgian Congo 1958.zip
    Belgian Harvard 4K Royal Army Museum Brussels.zip
    Two Kiwi Harvards - NZ1015 & NZ 1078.zip (2 repaints)

And in addition to all of those, there is of course the must-have FASA AT-6 Racer package, which contains the same model, but with all new flight dynamics, sounds, new gauges/required engine management, and 20 different paint schemes.

http://www.fsxairsports.com/air_raci...SA_T-6_Racers/

After a closer look, I noticed that I already had this V1.1 installed. Thinking that the very name of the file included V1.1 to it, I assumed it was newer then what I had installed.
    Long story short, I restored what I had deleted and the readme file had version 1.1 in the intro this is because I had installed the older version then the V1.1 update file over it.
    I then added John's FDE update. Nice to know that there is one complete file (V1.1) that will do the trick instead of what I when thru earlier.

As John mentions... you could just get the exclusive updated package from us, and apply Johns fantastic skins with it?

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    As John mentions... you could just get the exclusive updated package from us, and apply Johns fantastic skins with it?

- Joseph
    I just d/l it. Looks nice.

Thanks.

Pilots canopy

How is the pilots canopy opened? I see a red lever on the left side of the canopy that I can click on and I see a canopy open/closed.

Shift + E works the back seat canopy okay.

Click on the red lever, which unlocks the canopy, then pull on the canopy framing itself to open it, however much/little you desire. Clicking on the red locking lever again will lock the canopy in-place, wherever you leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Click on the red lever, which unlocks the canopy, then pull on the canopy framing itself to open it, however much/little you desire. Clicking on the red locking lever again will lock the canopy in-place, wherever you leave it.
    Thanks John

And a cold start needs careful use of the primer and the wobble pump!
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

- Joseph
    One question,

I saw on link above ^ that it features a New Flight Dynamic Model. Would this be John's FDE update already applied to this package?

T-6.air in the racer package is dated 3/3/2014 and John's is dated 5/23/14.

In regards to the flight model.. I cannot speak for John's, however the Flight Model in the Racers package is entirely new, using dozens of reports, many first hand. They are designed around a regular-flying type modern day T-6, however still remain relatively stock. Don't let the 'Racers' thing fool you, the aircraft still performs very much as a stock aircraft, when operated within the recommended limitations.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

In regards to the flight model.. I cannot speak for John's, however the Flight Model in the Racers package is entirely new, using dozens of reports, many first hand. They are designed around a regular-flying type modern day T-6, however still remain relatively stock. Don't let the 'Racers' thing fool you, the aircraft still performs very much as a stock aircraft, when operated within the recommended limitations.

- Joseph
    Thanks for the reply, I was trying to find out which of the air files would be the best of the two. Some of the racers pack files are interchangeable with the Wozza basic V1.1
    including the air files, that is why I asked if there is any appreciable difference between the two.

The Racers package should remain stand-alone, as the .cfg, .air, and .xml systems programming all work together.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I like the racer version. With a plane as slow as a T-6 every bit of additional horsepower counts, lol.

I've just flown the Racer package for the first time. Love the detail and the work that has gone into this and learnt something about the Racers too. I've found the sound a little different from the stock T-6, but then again haven't heard a race tuned engine. But then thought they would have both sounded the same?

And as to landings, find it very easy every time. Once took my feet off the pedals and it ran in a straight line. Find this with both versions. Dialled in a crosswind and tried again and although had to compensate for the drift, still didn't seem to have any major problems. Believe the real thing was difficult in the landing stage?

Cheers,

Martin

Martin, Thanks for the feedback.

I should thing that the biggest audible difference that there should be, would be from the extra RPM that the racing guys use. (Up to 2675, vs 2250).

Your thoughts on landing are probably correct. It's probably too gentle. Just curious if all of your realism sliders full right, for P-Factor/Torque ?

Most reports are clear, that she can be swirly in the landing stage, particularly if the pilot is not just a little bit ahead of her. This is mostly due to the CG, and narrow wheelbase. (Unlike high performance fighters, which would have even less visibility, yet a wider gear stance, and much more dangerous hazards on a rapid power-up for go around)

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 0