Navy Duck - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Navy Duck

OK, just to clarify a bit more: my paints are for the present model by Paul Domingue.
    So if you download now, you can use them, and there is no need for any waiting.
    Paul told me he was working on additional models, like the J2F-6 and a model for Murphy's war, so without the engine cowling, but that is still in the future.
    You can also download Swingmans model, but my paints do not work for that model as far as I know.

oh, and yes, the candy clipper was on my to-do list..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

roger that, Jankees.
    I was reading Paul's 'update' comment to mean new pilot figures and animations for the existing model - and that probably wouldn't compromise your recent paints (but I may be wrong on that)

A new -6 version (with or without engine cowling) would be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    roger that, Jankees.
    I was reading Paul's 'update' comment to mean new pilot figures and animations for the existing model - and that probably wouldn't compromise your recent paints (but I may be wrong on that)

A new -6 version (with or without engine cowling) would be a different story.
    I have been updating the duck but I am making sure that it does not affect any repaints. The Murphy's War model will be separate as it is an odd ball but it does offer the opportunity to show off the engine which was a bit of an overkill as most of it can't be seen with a cowl.

first shots of the candy clipper:

not finished yet, I may need to roughen her up a bit more...
    any comments other wise?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

I had a very nice long over water flight from Tern Island to Barking Sands this evening in the duck. this bird is a fun night flyer as it has great lighting except it needs some sort of red light in the cockpit when a map light is needed. Anyway. Great flight til I managed to nose over and kill myself on landing at PHBK. darn it. I have tacpack installed, so death is pretty spectacular when you die by fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    first shots of the candy clipper:

not finished yet, I may need to roughen her up a bit more...
    any comments other wise?
    looking great so far but a little more roughness please

our little duck has been playing in the mud a bit more:

and since I do most of my flying down under, I thought I'd paint something for down there as well (I know, as far as I know there never was a Duck on the roster in OZ, but who cares?)

what do you think?

our little duck has been playing in the mud a bit more:
    and since I do most of my flying down under, I thought I'd paint something for down there as well (I know, as far as I know there never was a Duck on the roster in OZ, but who cares?)
    what do you think?
    I don`t care--------like it.
    Mike

JanKees,

Has this one been done before? IF not, would you do a paint of this one?
    BTW, are all the paints ^ avail yet? If so, where can I find them. Thanks.....

You can find most of JanKees paints here:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?a...nloads&mid=750

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    You can find most of JanKees paints here:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?a...nloads&mid=750

Joe
    I was there earlier and did not see the paint ^ in question. Thanks.

whooops, no, I forgot to upload the clipper, will try to do so this weekend. All the others are on OZx.
    As for the other paint, sure why not..

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    JanKees,

Has this one been done before? IF not, would you do a paint of this one?
    BTW, are all the paints ^ avail yet? If so, where can I find them. Thanks.....

Gray Eagle, the "Bad Duck" original paint scheme I made with the poetic license of adding Donald Duck is of VJ-62 Fleet Air Photographic Unit 3 based out of NAS Norfolk, VA. If you downloaded the model here at SOH (the only place I posted it) you would have VJ-62 as one of the -5 model selections.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScrCap001.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Gray Eagle, the "Bad Duck" original paint scheme I made with the poetic license of adding Donald Duck is of VJ-62 Fleet Air Photographic Unit 3 based out of NAS Norfolk, VA. If you downloaded the model here at SOH (the only place I posted it) you would have VJ-62 as one of the -5 model selections.

Ooops, I found this one. It is part of the basic textures. Question, I gather you took the liberty of adding the Duck to the side and that the original markings for that particular
    squadron as it did not have the duck icon on it. Unless the original VJ62 had this bad duck icon, I would prefer the duck cartoon of VJ62 texture removed. Thanks.
    Last edited by gray eagle; March 28th, 2015 at 06:53.

Ok, it's taken me a while, but the Candy Clipper has finally landed on OZx

and if you want, I can redo that photographic unit paintjob, but only in in two weeks time, I have a holiday coming up soon...two more days at work, and I'm off to Lake Como, yes!

Ok, it's taken me a while, but the Candy Clipper has finally landed on OZx

and if you want, I can redo that photographic unit paintjob, but only in in two weeks time, I have a holiday coming up soon...two more days at work, and I'm off to Lake Como, yes!
    Thank you JanKees so very much for all the beautiful repaints of the Duck and stimulating interest in it again.

I'll be more then happy to trash my VJ-62 paint for something you made.

Members who have read this thread: 2