P3Dv2 DX9 or DX11?

Thread: P3Dv2 DX9 or DX11?

P3Dv2 DX9 or DX11?

It looks like it's using d3d9.dll but I thought it was a DX11 engine? I'm trying to get sweetfx + ReShade to work....no success...not very good with the .txt file editing to make adjustments...can anyone explain if they've got it working?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

It all depends on your video card. If your card is dx11 capable then P3D should automatically detect it. You also need to make sure that your direct x version is the latest available from Microsoft. Without your computers specs its impossible to give you any more specific advice.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

I have a GTX 770 it's dx11, but is the P3D gfx engine DX11? I don't think it is as I don't see the dgxi.dll file. I do see the d3d9.dll in the main P3D folder. At any rate if someone who is using Reshade +sweetFX 2.0 might chime in? Basically I want to try out the DOF shader...but I don't know how to edit the adjustments without a GUI?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

This is straight from the LM website...
    What if I Don’t Have a DirectX11 Video Card, Can I Run Prepar3D v2?

Prepar3D v2 requires a DirectX11 fully compatible video card. If there is not a DirectX11 video card, Prepar3D v2 will not run.
    http://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

cheers,
    Lane

Members +
    Yup, that's how it is, & why I can only use P3Dv1.4. My laptop's dxdiag shows DX11 software, but my hardware is only DX10, so P3D will not even start.

Members who have read this thread: 0