1940s Aircraft Carrier Color Video...(VERY Rare)

Thread: 1940s Aircraft Carrier Color Video...(VERY Rare)

Aircraft Carrier Color Video...(Removed link)

1940's Aircraft Carrier In The Pacific -

Sorry, I removed the link to the video.....

Last edited by gray eagle; February 27th, 2015 at 13:44.

Nice movie, but definitely not from 1940. The US wasn't at war with Japan before December 1942 and the national marking on the aircraft show the movie must be made after 1943, because that was the year these markings were introduced.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The US wasn't at war with Japan before December 1942
    Cheers,
    Huub

Oh I beg to differ. On December 8, 1941, the United States Congress declared war upon the Empire of Japan in response to its surprise attack on Pearl Harbor the prior day.

And we stayed at war (with the Japanese) till we (USA) dropped two nuclear bombs on them in AUG 1945 and Japan surrendered thus ending the war.

Here is a news flash for ya:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_declaration_of_war_upon_Japan

I was only sharing what I thought would enlighten all here. But I guess I was wrong so I am in process of having this video yanked.

Edit: I have removed the link to the video.
    Last edited by gray eagle; February 27th, 2015 at 13:44.

Gray Eagle, I don't believe there was any malice directed at you by Huub. And I'm pretty sure he meant December 1941 and not 1942.
    I'm willing to bet the color film footage is from the movie "The Fighting Lady" (1944) narrated by actor Robert Taylor who was on active duty with the Navy as a pilot. The ship is not named in the flick but it was USS Yorktown (CV-10). We've all seen clips from the movie used in other war movies, especially the gun camera shots. The entire movie is on YouTube, actually with better quality color than the crappy DVD version I have.
    Here's another link if anybody wants to check it out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5JbXRDOP60

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Gray Eagle, I don't believe there was any malice directed at you by Huub. And I'm pretty sure he meant December 1941 and not 1942.
    I'm willing to bet the color film footage is from the movie "The Fighting Lady" (1944) narrated by actor Robert Taylor who was on active duty with the Navy as a pilot. The ship is not named in the flick but it was USS Yorktown (CV-10). We've all seen clips from the movie used in other war movies, especially the gun camera shots. The entire movie is on YouTube, actually with better quality color than the crappy DVD version I have.
    Here's another link if anybody wants to check it out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5JbXRDOP60
    That video is a little different then what I had posted which has a run time of 8:53

Don't know if you viewed it before I removed it.

Members who have read this thread: 1