God speed Leonard Nimoy.

Thread: God speed Leonard Nimoy.

God speed Leonard Nimoy.

Just heard the sad news that Leonard Nimoy has died of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease at the age of 83. Chris Hadfield has posted a tweet which, in its elegant simplicity, says it all.

Leonard, you lived long and prospered, and were an inspiration to me and to millions. Rest in peace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B-3kNXJUcAALJyI.jpg  
    Andy

He's dead Jim....RIP and thanks for sharing your blessing.

Jim

Indeed... Live long and prosper, wherever you may be Commander Spock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Indeed... Live long and prosper, wherever you may be Commander Spock.
    Ambassador: And indeed he was..

Peace and Long Life Leonard. May your Katra live forever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17294_original.jpg  
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He provided a lot of enjoyment for me. Another passing that makes me realize I'm older.
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

RIP Spock.Sadly missed.

Anthin.

Damn! RIP Mr. Spock...

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Spock was a cool dude. RIP Mr. Nimoy.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one!. RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVIt0DYKssI

A big piece of my childhood has died. Of all the Star Trek characters that ever were, Mr. Spock was my favorite. Rest in peace Mr. Nimoy, you are gone, but never forgotten.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

id "met" him twice,my town is half way between San Fransico and Reno,from Auburn to SF is 125 miles west.to Reno is 125 miles east,so alot of tourists and others will stop..even with todays cars..its still a good rest stop..get out and stretch ect.

So...im sitting at my favorite watering hole and a couple walk in and sit next to me...sadly i was drinking a beer by myself..lol..this guy nudges me and i turn and look at him and he says....well?..i was thinking to myself...WTH?..and his wife..or atleast the woman with him says...THIS is Lenord Nimoy..i looked at her again..said..who?...and he started laughing...i seriously was confused ,i had no idea who he was...so i asked him why i should know who he was..he laughed even harder now and said...i like your style and bought me a beer..which i didnt like cause it means ya got to buy one back..and i was always broke..so i never accepted..nor did i this time....finally the bartender says to me...dave?..ya goof..this is SPOCK...dr spock...i just shook my head..and then moved myself to the end of the bar...lol...

then a couple years later..he and william shatner walk in the bar...shatner goes to a table in back..but nimoy sits next to me at the bar...my buddy mark leaned over and says shhh dont look now,but lenard nimoy just sat next to you...my reply was..oh chit..not again....to which he cracked up..this time i was in a better mood so i was friendly..lol..we ended up having several drinks...and then they got back in a car and continued to reno..which i was a bit upset with...though i drank ,,i never drove..

A fitting tribute. "Astronaut Terry Virts captured this photo from the International Space Station flying over Boston, where Leonard Nimoy was born."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Space.jpg  

Leonard Nimoy mourned in Canadian 'home' of Vulcan, Alberta

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...183212996.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ents-1.2976722

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-05-26-nimoy_bust.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

While his passing is indeed sad, we must remember the fun times.

Thanks for everything Leonard.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll add this one, to remember the good times...

One line that's stuck with me since I heard the news, is from the beginning of Star Trek III, where Admiral Kirk, in his Personal Log, makes the comment...

"... the death of Spock is like an open wound..."

Rest in Peace, Leonard...

When I heard Mr. Nimoy had died, I felt like a part of my life had ended. Almost impossible to overstate the man's influence on me in so many ways. I'll just mention awakening my interest in logic, and logical systems. Just that alone has been huge for me, and equally as important, the recognition of what logic cannot do. There's always going to be corrupt and/or incomplete information, or people who fall in love with a particular narrative and defend it against all comers. A lot of people assume logic began and ended with Aristotle; it didn't. There's been a systematic system of multi-valued logic since the 1930s. There's been continuous sets theory, better known as "fuzzy" logic, since 1979. In college I worked as a data processor for a professor who employed something called the semantic differential, by with various concepts could be weighted and mapped spatially in three dimensions. I could go on and on, but I'll just have to stop before I become even more maudlin. Mr. Nimoy will be missed.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Members who have read this thread: 0