R.I.P. Jon Patch

Thread: R.I.P. Jon Patch

Icon9 R.I.P. Jon Patch

I just heard the devastating news that Jon Patch, author of many wonderful Flight Simulator sceneries among which Vancouver Plus, passed away on the 22nd.

Jon was a wonderfully thoughtful person and an amazing talent in scenery design, with an incredible eye for detail and a tenacity to portray that detail into our flight simulator. As often in our 'on-line' life we will never know much of others in the hobby, just what we read and see on our computer screens.
    But Nina and I had the pleasure of meeting Jon in Victoria on Vancouver Island back in 2007. An epic journey for us, with a chance to meet many of the FSAddon authors from the west coast !

Jon really was one of the nicest people and always extremely helpful and knowledgeable in supporting his products on the forums.

I miss him already.

Jon, Rest in Peace.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Blog Entries
    Francois I am so sorry to hear this...yes he is a great loss to all who knew him and/or worked with him, and the community at large. Rest in Peace, Jon
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

That is so sad,What a shock.

Anthin.

Very sorry to hear this. RIP Jon!!

WOW.. To sad.. Loved his work......RIP John !

No! He just responded in a thread about uset scenery addon's in the OrbX forum. Wasn't aware he was sick? Or did something else aweful happened? Keep on flying Jon, I know I will be flying your great creations in flightsim.
    Anneke

I am sorry to hear this. RIP Jon, you will be greatly missed, thank you for all you have done for us flight simmers.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Was just reading Jon's blog the other day about Larry Robinson's ferry add-ons. Very sad news. Rest in peace, Jon.

Brian

Sad news. RIP John.

Blog Entries
    Jon will be missed very much.
    Rest in Peace Jon.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Oh man, sorry to read this. RIP Jon.

Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I spoke with Jon and Holger quite a few times via e:mail.
    He seemed like a very nice man. Very sad news.

Rest in Peace, Sir.

Ken
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Sad news indeed..........

Cees

So, so sad. And quite unexpected - at least for me. Jon was a great guy with a big heart, and always a kind word. I really enjoyed my exchanges with him, and although I never got to meet him in person, I counted him as a friend. He'll be deeply missed.

That really is the saddest news, he was no age.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

['] ['] [']
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Very sorry to hear this.

Sad news...

As everyone else here seems to be I am utterly shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news. I am a huge fan of Jon's work and his overall contributions to flight simulation, and while I did not know him personally he seemed to be a very knowledgeable, caring and generous person. I don't know what else I can say except we have lost one of the good ones.

RIP Jon.

Members who have read this thread: 1