A-10s for FS9

Thread: A-10s for FS9

SOH-CM-2023

A-10s for FS9

Hi All,

Which A-10 freeware or payware would you recommend? Also is there an F-35 you can recommend?

Sean

Hell Yeah... what he said. Nothing compares to the Aerosoft A-10, IMO. Quite a few repaints out there too.

IRIS has a good freeware F-35, and with Rob Barendredt's VTOL mod for FSX, it's can smoothly take off and land vertically in FS9.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

A-10 warthog for fs9

Jack,

I did not have an A-10 on FS9 until I experienced the A-10 in the DCS flight/combat sim. I really like DCS flt models but the complexity of the simulation means that I jump into FS9 if I want some 'touch and goes' or just a work out in the air in a spare hour or so.

At the flt sim event at the RAF COSFORD museum a couple of yrs ago I met the Aero Soft rep at their stand. She stated that there was not much demand for their early FS9 a/c but that she would get back to me if they had any discs left from their FS9 A-10 creation. Luckily they did and I purchased one.

Obviously time has moved on in the flt sim world, but the Aero Soft A-10 is a very nice model in all respects. Of course it does not (cannot) duplicate the complexity of the later A-10 wpn systems and in any case I tinker and tweak all of the a/c I have to meet my personal reqmts (mainly 'eye-candy' ie good external lighting and effects plus sound and good skins).

The Aero Soft offering is very good for that and meets my reqmt of an a/c that looks and sounds like a 'Warthog'. I missed out on feel as I am not a 'real' pilot A-10 or even Cessna wise. But I know what I like in the feel and handling of a virtual a/c making a fair stab at representing the outline and feel of the real deal with a 'lite' level of complexity that leaves me satisfied and enough time to fly for short periods. Quite a few good skins for it out there as well.

Cannot compare with any other A-10s for FS9 as the Aero Soft version has not given me a reason to look elsewhere.

Hope this helps
    Mal

Heck yeah!!

Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Yes, what they /\ said. Aerosoft is best A-10, however for freeware Mr Ito has one without VC for fs2004, and there is similar one from Kirk Olsson too here ---> http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=34130628

ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    Aerosoft A-10 downloading now from the shop. Thanks for the great response. Glad to see they still sell it as a download.

Now to go get some skins for it.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Aerosoft A-10 downloading now from the shop. Thanks for the great response. Glad to see they still sell it as a download.

Now to go get some skins for it.

Sean
    Lucien Lie aka Yago9 did a couple of photo- real ones, you should be able to find them here or at usual places.

Ttfn

Pete

Lightbulb

I remember also some kind of mod for the model ..
    "Dull" model
    Remove the reflexion
    I have this mod ..

I've thought about buying this one in the past, but was scared off by reviews about the frame rates. I think one said 17fps on a 2.2 GHz processor. Anybody have some numbers for a 3.2GHz with everything maxed out? Thanks.

I have 2 machines, the slower one having a 3.0GB AMD Quad 4 processor, 16GB RAM and an ATi DDR3 video card with 2GB of video memory. Aerosoft's A-10 runs like a hot knife through butter on that machine in FS9. I have the sliders ramped but I'm using a different cloud effects add on. Always thought the stock FS9 clouds were very memory intensive.

I also have the "No Shine" pack for the different A-10 models in the Aerosoft pack. I never saw a "shiny" A-10 in real life anyway.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thanks. My 3.2 is an AMD Quad, but my video card is just a 1GB GeForce 630. I use Pablo Diaz' HDE (DXT3) clouds. I hate getting anything less than 35-40fps. Heck, I get 40 with the freeware Bull Stearman.

Members who have read this thread: 0