Gloster Meteor F1

Thread: Gloster Meteor F1

Blog Entries

Gloster Meteor F1

John 'Johnno UK' Benfield has very kindly sent me the source files for his F3 (and F8) Meteor models.
    Having them means that we can now have an F1 which was used in action against the V1 in 1944.

This main external difference is the cockpit which had a different style of armoured windscreen and a side-hinged canopy.

I must admit that I'm struggling to do Johns models justice, this is the 2nd attempt at the cockpit which looks ok from a distance but is a bit iffy close up, certainly wouldn't do for the VC!

Will keep trying!

CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Great news Clive! Looking forward to this.

If possible Clive, it would be good to fully model some parts which currently depend on alpha to show holes. IIRC the dive brakes depend on this to have holes in them. This would permit .mos file damage effects like bullet holes with John's fine models.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Looks to be a interesting and historical - WW2 Meteor version to have . Thanks Pat, for taking on this aircraft project and all the work involved .

Watching, with much anticipation.

Kev

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to people, like John, who share their hard work and long hours to farther development and / or modification by other people just for the enjoyment of all of us,i tip my hat. Hey Pat ,will the F1 have a correct air file or one from the later series ? Thanks again Pat, for taking on this interesting project.

Blog Entries
    If possible Clive, it would be good to fully model some parts which currently depend on alpha to show holes. IIRC the dive brakes depend on this to have holes in them. This would permit .mos file damage effects like bullet holes with John's fine models.
    Will give it a go Tom. There are 2 textures for the body and wings so I think that a mos file is only going to work on one of them anyway, isn't it?

Hey Pat ,will the F1 have a correct air file or one from the later series ?
    Hopefully as Daniel (Gecko) has volunteered to lend a hand with this, I don't have much of a clue!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Yes, somehow I've expanded into doing some FM work, and I will do my best to make changes as required - primarily less thrust from the engines, but there were some other differences in handling due to the shorter engine nacelles. I just wish I had the background to do it justice, the AvHistory team was hands down the best, but they've all moved on to bigger things.

Ah. I'd forgotten about it using two main texture sheets. I suppose it could be redone to fit a single 2048 sheet with UVW XForm. Let me know if you're interested.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0