AH Grumman F3F-2 Package info - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AH Grumman F3F-2 Package info

I've created a prop buzz sound with FSX sound cones. This very early sound test of the external sound only. I have a bunch of videos I need to extract the sounds from to match with the prop buzz. I can isolate the prop buzz to a certain rpm on the radial sound profile. That prop buzz can peek at a certain rpm and drop a little as the rpms go higher. That can be done also.

Alpha test!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I've created a prop buzz sound with FSX sound cones. This very early sound test of the external sound only. I have a bunch of videos I need to extract the sounds from to match with the prop buzz. I can isolate the prop buzz to a certain rpm on the radial sound profile. That prop buzz can peek at a certain rpm and drop a little as the rpms go higher. That can be done also.

Alpha test!

Wow! That was a good run there I like the prop buzz (Blade pitch). I guess there wasn't any blade pitch controls in the original.
    Like you said, the buzz will peek at certain throttle RPM's. Clever how you made the buzz with sound cones. Looking forward to the next alpha or
    maybe a Beta....

A simple clean panel bmp file and new panel.cfg file to remove the overlapped gauges. The AHF3F_Instruments.bmp goes into all aircraft texture folders and the Panel.cfg into the aircraft panel folder.

Thanks, Ted! Been having a bit of fun with this oldie but a goodie.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Thanks, Ted! Been having a bit of fun with this oldie but a goodie.

BB686
    Your welcome! Having way to much fun myself. Had the bird for a very long time, but no skills at that time to do some improvements like I can these days.

+2 thanks Ted

I was missing some gauges but ended up reinstalling them minus the FS98 ones into my panel folder, the gauges mustered up on the panel.

Icon22

A simple clean panel bmp file and new panel.cfg file to remove the overlapped gauges. The AHF3F_Instruments.bmp goes into all aircraft texture folders and the Panel.cfg into the aircraft panel folder.

Hi TF,
    Why I cannot download the attachment ?

You have to copy the text then press the underlined text - save as and then paste the name of the file over top of the attachment. Works for me that way.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    You have to copy the text then press the underlined text - save as and then paste the name of the file over top of the attachment. Works for me that way.
    Hi Naismith & TuFu,
    Thank You, I downloaded the panel, it seems to be OK now....

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Here is a classic movie (Flight Command) that featured real F3-F aircraft. Perhaps the real sound is used in the movie. You can skim thru it to find the flying parts. Starting at around 2:35 and thru out flick. Perhaps this will lend some insight as to what they really sounded like back in the day.

If that is authentic F3-F sounds then, they sound more like bumble bees in formation flight.
    I know I've heard that sound on some other aircraft before. Can't place it.
    Try "Dive Bomber" with Errol Flynn, Fred McMurray, Ralph Bellamy and Alexis Smith. 1941, I believe.

I would be willing to wager that they had "stock" sound files even back then that could be spliced and/or edited into movies as needed.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Try "Dive Bomber" with Errol Flynn, Fred McMurray, Ralph Bellamy and Alexis Smith. 1941, I believe.

I would be willing to wager that they had "stock" sound files even back then that could be spliced and/or edited into movies as needed.
    There is a repaint in my package for one of the F3Fs from the movie. The movie is in color and can be seen in HD on YouTube for $2.99.

Messing around with the panel until the New Barrel arrives.

That looks a big improvement Ted.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Icon22

Hi TuFun,
    I'm waiting for the new paintkit......

Somewhere around and about there is a FSX compatible airfile I did for this plane some rime back for the Robertson Melbourne race.

Cheers. Tom
    Anyone have or know where to find this? Can't find it the Library at least under Tom's user's name.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Messing around with the panel until the New Barrel arrives.
    This new panel doesn't seem to have the rigging wires which stop in mid air. Has it corrected them, somehow?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    This new panel doesn't seem to have the rigging wires which stop in mid air. Has it corrected them, somehow?
    FSX still has that issue with AH Barrel. The new AH F3F when release will solve all issues.

Here's the update on the old AH F3F panel base on the original. Any further updates are on hold until new FSX/SE/P3D model is released.

https://app.box.com/s/yqz2qp6o61so408xj2o2xcgmylhiscu7

http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_f3f.php
    Last edited by TuFun; March 31st, 2015 at 17:29.

Here's the update on the old AH F3F panel base on the original. Any further updates are on hold until new FSX/SE/P3D model is released.

https://app.box.com/s/yqz2qp6o61so408xj2o2xcgmylhiscu7

http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_f3f.php
    Thanks Ted for sharing;

I put all the gauge files in the panel folder, hope that was the right place to put them

Fixed a few gauges and one that was not showing the bubble.

AHF3F_Instruments.bmp goes into the AH_GrummanF3F texture folders

Gauges (.gau) goes into the sims root gauge folder

Panel.cfg goes into the AH_GrummanF3F panel folder.

Update: https://app.box.com/s/x1cujg34vj5joj3ug696idlr26i56c37

Option to add the bank gauge with texts. Available in the Gauge with text folder.
    Last edited by TuFun; April 1st, 2015 at 20:10. Reason: Update download

OK,I am a little confused here,I download the fs2000 version first, install,and then update it with the cazzies texture files,and then add the panel files,on the last post,or do I need to add all the panel files on the last page?Thanks

I put all the gauge files in the panel folder, hope that was the right place to put them
    This is what I normally do + never had a problem with it. Keeps the main gauges folder from getting too big or messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    OK,I am a little confused here,I download the fs2000 version first, install,and then update it with the cazzies texture files,and then add the panel files,on the last post,or do I need to add all the panel files on the last page?Thanks

If you downloaded the previous files, all is required is to install the p38f_lightning.gau and panel.cfg.

You have a choice of text version or no text version. Text version is in the "Gauge with text" folder.

Thanks TuFun.

Members who have read this thread: 3