AH Grumman F3F-2 Package info - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AH Grumman F3F-2 Package info

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    caz

I am somewhat to stupid to get the files.Even after download of Google drive.can you give me a pointer in right dirrection

thanks

Roland

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    caz

I am somewhat to stupid to get the files.Even after download of Google drive.can you give me a pointer in right dirrection

thanks

Roland
    Clicking my link should have taken you to my Google Drive page Ted. In it are three files, one unrelated to the AH F3F. The initial self-installation package and a gauge package are there. If you open the page and see them, right-click on each and scroll to Download. That should do.

My files are now here at SOH once anyone installs the initial package. I advise self-installing to a temporary folder and manually installing from there to FSX, as it contains affects and the airplane, which as all know, does not go into an Airplanes folder alone, must be in SimObjects > Airplanes.

Here's the SOH link for my work: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=19471

Caz

I am working up a package with all of my repaints of the initial AH textures, plus propwashes for the red,white, blue tip and aluminum prop and for the black prop with yellow tips. Tom Dement and I also worked up a better sound package and aircraft.cfg. I shall include these also. The prop washes look splendid in old FS9, but have to be muted with a darker Alpha for FSX, ergo they are not as prominent as in FS9. I have the initial AH package on my Google Drive for all to get. I suggest self-installing the AH F3F package to a temporary folder and manually install from there into FSX. There is a zip gauge package as well, one for FS9 and another for CFS3. Use the one for FS9, but you will need to delete the old Extra 300 Whiskey Compass from that, as it is not recognized by FSX.

Link for initial package from AH: https://drive.google.com/drive/#my-drive

Caz
    Caz,

Is this file called AH_F3F-2_for_FSX.zip that you said you were working on? If so then, I got it from Flightsim yesterday

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=34129891

Contents look to be the same.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Caz,

Is this file called AH_F3F-2_for_FSX.zip that you said you were working on? If so then, I got it from Flightsim yesterday

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=34129891

Contents look to be the same.
    Yes, but the Flight Sim package is missing all of the cowl textures. My packages for SOH has all of my repaints as well as the 8 original AH aircraft textures. Get the one from here, it has it all, redone sound file, redone aircraft.cfg and reworked prop blurs for FSX.

Caz

Yes, but the Flight Sim package is missing all of the cowl textures. My packages for SOH has all of my repaints as well as the 8 original AH aircraft textures. Get the one from here, it has it all, redone sound file, redone aircraft.cfg and reworked prop blurs for FSX.
    Caz
    I have the F3F installed...thanks to a friendly benefactor, lol. However the link that has been posted many time reaps only a blank page on flightsim.com that says that nothing was found. Caz the airplane is a testament to how it was originally designed. . .that it has lasted through 4 different sims and is still being enjoyed.

Sweet work, TuFun. I'll linky to this bad boy up on the facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Sweet work, TuFun. I'll linky to this bad boy up on the facebook.
    Not bad for FS2002 bird! Caz's package does the trick. I've got the props to work well with startup/shutdown radials sounds. Certain sounds are in stereo and with FSX sound cones. Still early work.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Caz, your link https://drive.google.com/drive/#my-drive leads me to my google drive, not yours. Sorry, but all these posts in different threads are beginning to confuse me.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Caz, your link https://drive.google.com/drive/#my-drive leads me to my google drive, not yours. Sorry, but all these posts in different threads are beginning to confuse me.
    Will try and rectify that, but look here because TuFun will have the package here I expect. If not, I can upload it from my drive to SOH on approval.

Thanks - and that will be aircraft, prop, gauges all ready to go?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Not bad for FS2002 bird! Caz's package does the trick. I've got the props to work well with startup/shutdown radials sounds. Certain sounds are in stereo and with FSX sound cones. Still early work.....
    Hi TuFun,
    Two "silly" questions :
    Are the screenshots from FSX or P3D ?
    Have You added "bump" effects in the aircraft (can P3D add this effect as the shadows ?) or simply added them in the Cazzie's paintkit paneling ?

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi TuFun,
    Two "silly" questions :
    Have You added "bump" effects in the aircraft (can P3D add this effect as the shadows ?) or simply added them in the Cazzie's paintkit paneling ?
    There are no Spec or Bump textures Manuele. Anything that looks 3-D is done with shading and highlighting, as I do on model aircraft I build. I use 2048 textures on the original, but even the textures I did for FSX are just 1024.

Caz

Not bad for FS2002 bird! Caz's package does the trick. I've got the props to work well with startup/shutdown radials sounds. Certain sounds are in stereo and with FSX sound cones. Still early work.

Tufun,

This looks great and promising. One thing, From my perspective it looks like those tires are extra low profiles"
    What I am saying is the bottoms of the tires look like they are flat and need a little air in them. How's the PSI on 'em?
    Can see them close up to tell if they are Okay as is.

BTW do you mean Caz's repaint package?

SOH-CM-2024

Try these links to my Google Drive

Guys, try these links for the AH Grumman F3F-2 download. I hope I am doing this correctly.

AH self-installing package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61...ew?usp=sharing

I have found it best for FSX to self-install this file to a temp folder and manually move the Aircraft and Effects into FSX.

Gauge packages for FSX and CFS-3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61...ew?usp=sharing

Use the FS2004 package, but delete or do not install the two Extra 300 Whiskey Compass gauges, they are from Fs2002 and not recognized in FSX.

Caz

Icon22

There are no Spec or Bump textures Manuele. Anything that looks 3-D is done with shading and highlighting, as I do on model aircraft I build. I use 2048 textures on the original, but even the textures I did for FSX are just 1024.

Caz
    Hi Cazzie,
    I too I'm using the same system with shading, highlighting and weathering in my textures, but when I seen the screenshots for a moment I believed in a P3D's "miracle"..... ;-)
    However I prefer to use 2048x2048 in FSX (4096x4096 definition generates a too big psd !!!).

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Thanks - and that will be aircraft, prop, gauges all ready to go?
    The original FS2002 AH Grumman package with gauges (minus the FS8 gauges removed) is upload here on SOH as well as Caz's paintkit and texture package in separate packages.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Tufun,

This looks great and promising. One thing, From my perspective it looks like those tires are extra low profiles"
    What I am saying is the bottoms of the tires look like they are flat and need a little air in them. How's the PSI on 'em?
    Can see them close up to tell if they are Okay as is.

BTW do you mean Caz's repaint package?
    Yea, I need to add some air. I need pump them up to -5.20 I thinks.

Yes Caz's repaint package unchecked most of the decals and colors.

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi TuFun,
    Two "silly" questions :
    The screenshots/video are FSX and no bumps, just hi-lighting the rivets and panel lines.

Three file packages...

Aeroplane Heaven Grumman F3F-2 (FS2002)
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9470&catid=120

Caz Texture Package
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0&linkid=19471

Caz Repaint Kit
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=19473

Real F3-F sounds

Here is a classic movie (Flight Command) that featured real F3-F aircraft. Perhaps the real sound is used in the movie. You can skim thru it to find the flying parts. Starting at around 2:35 and thru out flick. Perhaps this will lend some insight as to what they really sounded like back in the day.

If that is authentic F3-F sounds then, they sound more like bumble bees in formation flight.
    I know I've heard that sound on some other aircraft before. Can't place it.

Edit: See a video of the real deal taxiing/flying

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-%28P3Dv2-5%29 #16
    Last edited by gray eagle; February 24th, 2015 at 16:40.

Tucson,Arizona(Land of the Winged Relics)
    The original FS2002 AH Grumman package with gauges (minus the FS8 gauges removed) is upload here on SOH as well as Caz's paintkit and texture package in separate packages.

Yea, I need to add some air. I need pump them up to -5.20 I thinks.

Yes Caz's repaint package unchecked most of the decals and colors.

The screenshots/video are FSX and no bumps, just hi-lighting the rivets and panel lines.

Three file packages...

Aeroplane Heaven Grumman F3F-2 (FS2002)
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9470&catid=120

Caz Texture Package
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0&linkid=19471

Caz Repaint Kit
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=19473
    I just downloaded the F3F-2 Plane (FS2002) and the texture package.

It's almost ready to install in my FSX.

I have a question about the F3F-2 (FS2002) gauges contents. There are 15 gauges in it. Do I put the gauges entire folder itself into my FSX gauges folder, or do I add the gauges as singles?.
    One of the gauges is called extra-300.amps.gau. Does this gauge get installed. I don't see any gauges in the folder related to the whisky compass gauge??.

THX

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Kuhn View Post

I have a question about the F3F-2 (FS2002) gauges contents. There are 15 gauges in it. Do I put the gauges entire folder itself into my FSX gauges folder, or do I add the gauges as singles?.
    One of the gauges is called extra-300.amps.gau. Does this gauge get installed. I don't see any gauges in the folder related to the whisky compass gauge??.

THX

George

Yes, except gauges mentioned below:
    According to CAZ:

Do note in the initial AH gauge package that the Extra 300 Whiskey Compass gauge does not work in FSX, so delete that or you will get a message (several) when you open the plane in FSX.
    delete the two Extra 300 Whiskey Compass gauges, as FSX will not recognize them and will tell you so.

Quote Originally Posted by George Kuhn View Post

THX

George
    Whisky compass gauges are removed from the gauge folder pack so copy the 15 gauges to your FSX gauge folder. No conflict messages should show up.

Thought To add that you can dump the gauges into the panel folder so they dont slosh around in the main folder and dont overwrite anything they shouldn't.

Tis all working great here.

SOH-CM-2024
    As TuFun says, copy the gauges to your FSX > gauges folder. Good work TuFun getting it up here. I am going to delete my installation package from Google Drive to make more room for other files. The bunbkle bees you hear in flight in the movie GE is caused by prop pitch, not engine noise. As far as I know, that feature has not been captured by any sound package.

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Somewhere around and about there is a FSX compatible airfile I did for this plane some rime back for the Robertson Melbourne race.
    Cheers. Tom
    Tom, do you remember if it was posted as a link in a thread or uploaded to the SOH site? I've done quite a few searches, found plenty of offerings from you in the downloads section but nothing for the F3F. Locating a particular download link in a Forum post is a bit like trying to locate your car keys after your grandchild has been playing with them.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Tom, do you remember if it was posted as a link in a thread or uploaded to the SOH site? I've done quite a few searches, found plenty of offerings from you in the downloads section but nothing for the F3F. Locating a particular download link in a Forum post is a bit like trying to locate your car keys after your grandchild has been playing with them.
    Falcon all are included in TuFun's links above. They work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Falcon,

Just checking, did you ever find that FSX airfile? I looked for it in those files by CAZ that was posted by Tufun and did not see it.
    I read response by CAZ ^ to you and got impression that this FSX airfile would be contained in one of the files that Tufun posted.
    I looked and didn't find it.

Members who have read this thread: 3