Help with Macchi MC-94

Thread: Help with Macchi MC-94

Help with Macchi MC-94

Ok, yes I'm in expansion mode again, so sorry for all the questions

I just downloaded and installed the Macchi MC-94 Amphibian and have a problem. When spawned in the water it is fine. But when spawned on land it spawns level (like on the water) which puts the tail wheel 4 or 5 feet off the ground resulting in a crash when it drops down to the runway.

Is there a parameter in the aircraft.cfg file that I can modify to lower the rear of the aircraft (tail wheel) to ground level when it spawns? If so, could someone please cut and paste a short section of the config file and bold or underline the parm value so I can find it and try to fix it.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

In the Contact Points section, usually at the bottom of the section, you'll find two lines like this:

static_pitch=10.300
    static_cg_height=3.800

These determine the height and pitch angle that the plane will spawn into the sim at. Fiddle with these values until you get the plane to spawn so that it's sitting properly on the ramp.

It will appear at that height and angle when it spawns in the water, too, but that's OK. It will make a little splash (more of a slight splush) as it settles to it's floating position, but that shouldn't be anywhere near enough to trigger a crash.

Thank you, Mick.

Sounds very doable, so I'll have a go at adjusting the Macchi for both land and water spawning.

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks, Mick.

I was able to fix the Macchi pretty easily based on this information. Now she spawns on land and water equally well

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0