A couple of problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of problems

Icon22 A couple of problems

1. Am continuing to upgrade my Eastern Europe Theater of Ops and have once again found an old screen warning. When URSS-Kerch loads I get that familiar screen “Scenery library object not found…Ox00000013, Ox4c65726f etc.” Clearly some airbase infrastructure objects are missing, but there is no way to tell how to rectify the problem, i.e., no way to find what exactly is missing. I have checked that the scenery/airbase/object files are as instructed.

2. The He177A5 for the Kursk ‘Hindenberg’ mission flies OK in free flight, but the mission gives me a “not found” message. Aircraft name in the mission is the same as the name in the Aircraft file, and in all aspects it seems correctly loaded. No idea why the error message.

Any ideas out there?

Archive....

I presently do not have the mission in my setup, but a quick look at the file seems to have only modifications to the HE177. Check to make sure that the aircraft you have has all the correct files and aliases( if any) referenced to are present.

I for one had the regular HE177 in my ETO and had alot of problems with it. Don't know why but I did.

Question Reply...

Archive1,

Is the scenery objects not found message when you load the mission, or the airbase?

I'm not sure about the He-177, I'll have to look into that one.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

The He177 seems to have all its 'parts' - checked sound etc, Fibber.

As the mission loads get the error message, Rami.

Icon22 Reply...

Archive,

In all honesty, I haven't work on the Eastern Front (especially those missions) in several years, so I can't remember what is in them. Your best bet is to open the mission file and cross-reference the required objects with what you have in the objects_dp folder. If you list what is missing, I can help you locate it.
    "Rami"

Icon22

Rami:

Yes, I’ve done that as I’ve carefully worked my way through updates for all the EEOT missions for each campaign. But when any particular object is missing one usually gets a ‘missing’ message for that specific object by name. You can then go search for it in your database of objects…of course, you know the drill. In this case you only get what looks like some cryptic encoded message from the French Resistance in 1943. When I started messing with the sims several years ago I used to get a lot of these, but rarely now that I’m working a bit more methodically with each campaign. Of course, the mission loads and runs and Advanced Info works, so why complain? Just finicky maybe, but it does mean something’s not right.

I have downloaded just about every object all the campaigns installations require (all theaters) so can usually put my finger on what I need quickly as long as I can identify the creator of the object – LWD, AF, CFS, INF, XB etc. – in this case there is no way to know what’s missing. What’s “Ox4C65726F” for heaven’s sake?
    Good to hear from you. Stay warm there in Mass.

Fibber: The indicated He177A5 as listed in the Installation file is a full aircraft for which I changed the Sound file to one I preferred and for an aircraft in the Aircraft folder. I also checked the “In service” date in the DP file and backdated it way before the mission date just to be sure. Also deleted the CDP file before I reloaded and ran the mission to let the program re-create it. Remember, it flies just fine in Free Flight, it’s just the mission that cannot find it. Strange.

Question Reply...

Archive,

If you're getting those messages, something is missing from Canion's GSL scenery, or other GSL scenery in the area. You are using Canion's airfield's in those missions, or are you using the ones from Ajax?
    "Rami"

Rami: I know I have loaded Canion's stuff for some campaigns; for these, will have to check. Did review all GSLs and they seemed correct - maybe reload with GSL Man.
    Thanks.

I've occasionally seen this type of error - for me it's always been associated with a scenery object or weapon object that the game has found a bgl for, but no dp file in the OBJECTS_DP folder.

I most recently had it with Shessis Leaflets weapon. It didn't stop me being able to fly, but I created a dp file for the weapon anyways. Perhaps this is your error - you've loade the bgls & textures, but not the dp file (if one exists).

Icon22

Fibber: Aha! The problem is not with the He177 aircraft. There is an error in the mission. It lists the Player aircraft as #3866, however the aircraft as listed down in the Objects area of the mission code is defined as #3864 – so it doesn’t exist as far as the mission program is concerned. Corrected this and it works…but it’s a dog to fly. Too underpowered for the bombing load as defined. Even standing on the brakes and winding up to full power before starting to roll, you run out of runway. (at least on one try)

Rami: The only airbase affected is URSS Kerch. The Kuban campaign requires only Ajax’s EFSP02 which prescribes that ‘Crimean Airbases’ be installed in the SCENEDB folder – nothing in the GSL folder. This file has all the URSS fields like Kerch, Anapa, Taman etc. None of them gives the Scenery error message that pops up with Kerch (either when used in a mission or in free flight)

BTW - Canion’s GSL file (KTO_Canion) is used in the Kursk (Eastern Front Missions) campaign as is Achim’s East_Prussia GSL file – neither contains Kerch. Both also have SCENEDB files of course.

Archive1

Tgt: I understand, but there is no information given that permits one to find which object might be deficient. Just an alpha-numeric jumble. And it is only for a single airbase, Kerch, that comes from Ajax’s EFSP02 file and its SCENEDB folder as I mentioned to Rami above.

Maybe spending too much time on this, but I would like to know what triggers this type of error message for future similar events.

Archive1

Scenery library object not found…Ox00000013, Ox4c65726f etc

Means that a bgl is looking for an object. The long list of numbers is the object ID number. Saddly that is not any help...
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Archive........

........well at least I was in the ball park! Check to see if that 177 is by Greg Law. I found a update in my files for it that addresses the payloads and AIR, etc. files to reflect the actual plane performance.

Also, I did read somewhere that it was a apparent dog to fly and had to be handled gingerly with long gradual approaches for attacks and for landings.

Here is a link about the plane ( which apparently had a propensity to catch on fire) http://www.aviastar.org/gallery/234.html

Allen: Good to know..I guess. But where does the error lie? Where should the missing files be and are not?
    Fibber: Great file on the He177 - read it all. Will see if I can find some better load-out and *.air files.

Icon22 Reply...

Archive,

A couple of points...

1) I am not surprised about the mission number error...I probably made a few of those mistakes on the Eastern Front when I was not as careful and meticulous as I am now. Thanks for letting me know.

2) Archive1: I'm going to take a wild guess, but I think you might be getting error messages because you're missing these: http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=29695

The reason I know that is because all of Ajax's airfields on the Eastern Front use these trees.
    "Rami"

Archive.......

.here are the two files that I have for the HE177;
    Attachment 19806
    Attachment 19807

Rami/Fibber:
    Yes, I thought the same thing last night as I reviewed my install. ”Must be an incomplete install of Gerrish Gray’s trees since it’s not intuitive and that could be what’s lacking at the Kerch airbase.”…so this morning I dug into it. Nope. His stuff is fully installed as far as I can determine (trees_V3.zip). Replaced all and I still get the same “not found” error. Actually the error defines 16 or more scenery objects. And remains localized to Kerch.
    Maybe we all should just throw in the towel and go on to more pleasant things, keeping in mind Graham Greene’s “The Human Factor”. The world ain’t goin’ to end. And, hey, things fly OK.
    So I plan to forge ahead with upgrading the Finland campaign with its newer iterations: Unless, out there, there is some cerebral cortical storm of solution. Now that means that I may bother you all with other, different campaign problems, if you don’t mind.
    Fibb: Will look at the He177 flight improvement sites – thanks.
    This old (80 y/o) flight surgeon appreciates the hand-holding and courteous communication.
    Archive1

Quote Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
    Allen: Good to know..I guess. But where does the error lie? Where should the missing files be and are not?
    By disable-ing things one by one you can ID what group of BGL is causing the error. Than you can move each BGL on or out one by one tell you ID what BGL is causing the error.

All:
    As I mentioned last night I decided to focus on the Finnish conflict. And once again I got the same scenery library error message I tripped-over in the eastern front campaigns.
    It made we wonder: What if one used Mission Designer (is that the correct name?) and opened the specific mission in which the airbase scenery ‘failed’. It would be possible to then list the objects that that specific airbase was designed around, or included, would it not? I am not in any way knowledgeable about Mission design and as is obvious don’t even know its name. Once one knew the required scenery objects, could one not then make sure they were in the Object database or in SCENEDB?
    Would this work? Those of you who are adept at the design world have to answer the question?
    Archive1

Archive...

.......If IRC Coyote Codys Mission Builder Guide will give some guidance on error messages. It can be gound here at the D/L's. It is here about halfway down the page... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20
    Just thought that this might help.

ADENDUM; Just curious here, do you have the objects such as GE-88m flak installed?

Fibber:
    Oh yes, re: 88 stuff.
    I think I looked at the Mission Builder tutorial several years ago. Maybe this is a different site. Will explore. But my question remains: can one view a list of objects that a specific airbase requires via MB? Can one then just pencil them down and then check the installed objects to look for ones that are missing? If so, that would seem to be the best way to look behind the curtain of obscure Scenery missing errors that list untranslatable references.
    -=dcp=-

Mission Builder can be used to edit the Global Scenery Layer (GSL folder/cfs2.gsl) It looks like the GSL code objects by name (inf_barracksc, inf_water_towera, inf_tents_round, etc)

I'm 99% sure that Scenery library object not found is from a BGL. Your looking for somthing placed by a BGL that can NOT be destroyed.

What I can try to do is. Can you give me the whole list of numbers (Ox00000013, Ox4c65726f .etc.). I should be able to make a bgl that will use the ID numbers you gave me that will get rid of of the error.

Hi Archive1,

Take a look inside the "Texture" folder of the Kerch airstrip. The one that is activated in the "Add Scenery" setting.

If there are textures for buildings or vehicles, then the Kerch.bgl is probably calling for scenery objects that are api macros. (non-destroyable)
    Many of the older scenery's have these.
    Without knowing what the author had installed in his CFS2 or a list of them in the readme, there is no real way of knowing what to search for to eliminate your objects not found errors.

Api Macros were very common before objects were designed specifically for CFS2. (destroyable)

Cheerz, Dave

Hehee, simultaneous replies...

Allen:
    Here are the scenery numbers, some seem common to several airbases in both Kuban and Finlands Wars (makes sense):
    Ox00000011, Ox00000012, Ox00000013, Ox00000019, Ox00000020, Ox4C65726F

Dvslats:
    Can’t open the SCENEDB/Scenery for Kerch (or any airbase) with the programs that seem available…even tried PhotoShop.
    Thanks all,
    Archive1

That is too many numbers. It should be a group of 4....

Members who have read this thread: 0