Jetline System has arrive!

Thread: Jetline System has arrive!

Jetline System has arrive!

My first step is to get this system backed up as is. As you can see below I got Acronis (don't know anything about it but will learn). Do you guy's and gal's use the acronis cloud or just a seperate hard drive for the backup. After that I will connect system to internet and get malware bites loaded up, perhaps the pay version for this computer....your thoughts?
    I did of course fire it up right away to see if all was working and check out the FSX load time and all I can say is WOW! I'm going to like this! Another "cool" thing is no noise! Glad they have the red light inside the box to show me it's turned on...haha
    I hooked it up to my flatscreen tv with HDMI cable and all worked well except no sound. will have to do some research on that. Otherwise I will eventually get a monitor for this one at some point in time.

All ahead SLOW and take my time getting this machine off the ground

Jim

HellFire GT2
    Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-Bit)
    Chassis - CM Storm Scout II Advanced w/ Side Window Black
    Motherboard - ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150
    Processor - Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4790K (4.6 - 4.8GHz Overclock)
    CPU Cooling - Corsair Hydro Series H80i Liquid Cooling
    System Memory - 8GB Trident DDR3 SDRAM 2133MHz
    Graphics Processor - 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, PCI Express 3.0
    System Power - 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply
    Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX
    Primary Hard Drive - 1TB Samsung EVO Solid State Drive (SSD)
    Optical Drive 1 - 20x DVD/CD Burner Drive
    Preinstalled Software - Acronis True Image Backup and Recovery

Went out and got a Seagate 3TB backup drive at local Costco. Not ready to give into the cloud yet. Did a "entire pc back up" and " microsoft fsx" backup. Anything else I need to backup before moving on?

Jim

Just for fun a few default shots out of box. Do you miss the desert? Nobody hurt and both aircraft survived

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   3.jpg   1.jpg  

A 1 TB SSD? WOW!!! That looks like a super nice rig!

Jim,Welcome to the Jetline family!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

That is a very nice system!...but...
    You Jetline System fans must have really fat wallets!. $1200+ for labor is ridiculous.
    Your entire system, less labor, is under $2200, delivered, from Newegg.com. And...All of those components have at least 1 year mfg warranties.
    Too bad, I'll bet your local computer pro would have saved you a ton-o-$$ and you would have had local support. Caveat Emptor...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

SAY WHAT??? "$1200+ for labor"?? that isn't ridiculous, that is highway robbery!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    SAY WHAT??? "$1200+ for labor"?? that isn't ridiculous, that is highway robbery!!!
    Yeah it's sad. I've tried for years to get my fellow sim enthusiasts to look for alternatives. Here's a post from a couple of years ago.
    It's a part for part comparo: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...16#post1769016
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Not surprised at the cost of labor, considering its a big name company. I was fortunate, when I (along with a very knowledgable friend) built my system. I couldn't do it on my own though. But when it's time to even update my system (which am thinking about) I'll contact my friend again. He is in the process of building a gaming system that will be a screamer. NC

Understood about price and supporting locals but.....Jetline folks have the same passion about this hobby as we do and with so many great testimonials from around the flight sim community I decided to support this company. It also puts my mind at rest knowing they take pride in their work and this is Huge in my book. Someday as time permits I will even try building one of the beast myself but now is not the time unfortunately. I do thank you and again understand their is money to be saved going in other direction.

Time to plant some grass seed in the deserts of fsx with ftx.

have a great day all

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by limjack View Post
    Time to plant some grass seed in the deserts of fsx with ftx.

Some of you SOH "old timers" will recall that Panther was the King of bad landings for a long time; hence the term, "He "Panthered that landing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Some of you SOH "old timers" will recall that Panther was the King of bad landings for a long time; hence the term, "He "Panthered that landing!"
    I do miss Panther in the FSX part of the forum....he was king of debates playing both sides as well as Panthering !

Jim

I have to put in a word in favor of Jetline. I haven't bought from them yet, but that's mainly because, when I called them late last year to ask about a replacement for my current system, I had a long and technically sophisticated conversation with someone I took to be the owner (though I'm not sure of that), at the end of which he told me not to spend anything with him for at least a year because I wasn't going to gain enough in performance to make the expenditure worthwhile. Right then he won my loyalty. How many computer sellers would invest all that time in talking to a prospect and wind up turning away an immediate sale? I was extremely impressed.

As for the cost of labor - it seems like a lot on the face of it, especially for somebody like me who's built several flightsim computers out of parts. But the reason I was talking to Jetline is that I have a lot of demands on my time, and I'm thinking that for my next system, I'd like to have it be a good performer, and I'd like to have it delivered to my door, because I'd rather do other things with my time than build a computer. So for someone else who enjoys building and wants to spend time on it, the $1200 might seem like robbery. But to someone else, like me in my future scenario, it's be $1200 well spent because I can do something else with the build time that's worth $1200 to me. So, robbery or value for dollar? It depends.

I'll say this - if and when I do decide to buy a fully built system, Jetline is likely to be getting my money.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

wow.. A bit high on labor.

I built and still do systems of that caliber(and greater) for 250 and 350 if it has water cooling loops...And do OCing too!

Plus I install everything , stress test and guarentee it all, and support it for its life, and that includes software issues and virus problems..

Then offer deals on future upgrades too.

Never trust the "cloud", you don't know who's watching or whether it will be there when you want it....(I'm not paranoid, just an experienced realist). You did the right thing by buying a big hard drive for storage.

With the limited information you posted, my guess on the sound issue...HDMI sound is likely turned off and routed through your fancy sound card so you need some computer speakers or turn the HDMI sound back on. If I'm wrong on that, give me more information and I'll guess again.

Nice rig.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Never trust the "cloud", you don't know who's watching or whether it will be there when you want it....(I'm not paranoid, just an experienced realist). You did the right thing by buying a big hard drive for storage.

With the limited information you posted, my guess on the sound issue...HDMI sound is likely turned off and routed through your fancy sound card so you need some computer speakers or turn the HDMI sound back on. If I'm wrong on that, give me more information and I'll guess again.

Nice rig.
    Gave up the HDMI thing for now. Sitting in the living room and looking up at the flatscreen tv (could not see the numbers in the guages very good either) didn't give me the intimate feeling I get when sitting at my desktop cockpit using FSX. So my Jetline system will share my old computers monitor for now. I really want either a projector or curved screen in the future....project yet to come. Also need the space to do it as well.

A few numbers out of the box on this system

Load to splash screen 4 sec.
    Load to default flight 12 sec.
    Traffic all set at 20%, partial clearing, sliders right on autogen and other goodies. Also played with moving the traffic setting up to 100 and didn't seem to matter much on fps but then again I didn't sit long enough for them to get into their routine and flight plans. Will keep and eye on this. Have not added my traffic 360 yet either. This is just default traffic.
    Default 737 sitting on 34R ksea fps 50s
    Defualt 747 sitting on 34R ksea fps 50s
    Pmdg 747 sitting on 34R ksea fps 27-32 and in flight heading to Seattle 70-80 (towards Tacoma southbound 120-150) and smooooooth. What a pleasure to fly this aircraft again. Last night I worked on the procedures to cold start it and understand exactly what I was doing as well. Found this website page to help my brain get a grasp on what everything ment ( http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/ ). Lots to learn so I may stall out on adding anything else until I feel comfortable doing the basics with this aircraft and of course have fun with it. FUN = not wanting to go to bed when your suppost too and then when you do force yourself to bed you can't stop thinking about it!

Jim

I bought a Jetline System a couple of years ago. I've never regretted it. They're a quality company.

Members who have read this thread: 0