There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 12
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Now that I can help with.

Here you go. They haven't changed in years...well since 1977 if you check amendment at bottom of each paragraph!

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx...45_main_02.tpl

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Pete.

That's pretty much as I understood the rules too be, If you take a look at the photos on the TCA page you will notice a lack of National markings in any off the positions called for. Please take a look : http://catalinagoose.homestead.com/mallards.html and you will see what I mean. I wouldn't like too release an illegal paint scheme

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I've been thinking of the best way too put an edge around it, only a couple of hours ago, and have already started too add some patina experiments too the panel.
    I have 3 litres of coke , 200 cig's and I've cleaned my spec's. So anything could happen.

Steve

Ps When you playing with the gauges next, could you look at the Fuel cap gauge mine still says volts .

Steve, Sir, not sure I can help, but if you are using Photoshop, its easy;
    click twice on the layer, and in effects choose inner glow, use black or dark brown and " overlay" as "multiply" could end up too dark?
    again as I said, Im not sure this is what you meant in your reply.
    Please dont take me wrong, I hope Im not being too forward, if it sounds that way, pease forgive me, not my intention at all.
    thank you,Rc

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Shouldn't you be locked in the basement painting something that floats? LOL
    Well, I have not had access to the internet, came home home today, having a few days home now, and will finish a few works in progress myself, mostly graphics illustration.
    And hopefully will check the Mallard as well, just updating myself on the latest news!
    your photos are not forgotten, bear with me please, I will upload them to Flickr and so you fellows and lady, can use and abuse.
    Hope they help anyway, they were taken at Miami at the Chalks hangar with one of their Mallards going through maintenance.
    Later, yours,
    rui

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Here is my 4096x4096 paint kit for the FS9 Mallard exterior textures, the link is awaiting aproval, so check back later to see if its live for download, but help yourselves folks

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8&linkid=19975

Painty painty painty!

An AMAZING WORK MILADY, you have my deepest respect and admiration.
    Rivet painting can be so tiring....))))
    she looks the part, a good model as good as it may be is nothing without a good set of master texturers.
    Its one of those things, you either have it or dont.
    this is Quality Work down to the last rivet.
    Having an early night, but will check all this tomorrow, it will be like Christmas morning here!)))
    yours,
    rc

Fast falling in love with the Mallard! This is my first repaint for it:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015_08_01_19_32_18_Greenshot_zpssuelcauk.jpg  

If its ok with everybody, Id love to do the Chalks livery myself.
    Rc

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Fast falling in love with the Mallard! This is my first repaint for it:
    Ahhh, beautiful work on that scheme Sir!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    If its ok with everybody, Id love to do the Chalks livery myself.
    Rc
    Rui, Please do; yes Sir; go for it!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Milton, I will try my best and make good use of Rachaels work of art and your superb looking model.
    as I said, Ive waited 32 years for the Mallard!
    ever since that TV series, not sure about the name now, but this aircraft and its graceful lines have been with me all these years.
    Now having her flying in my FS, what else can a guy ask for?!
    so again, THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED, im so pleased.
    Yours,
    rc

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    Steve, Sir, not sure I can help, but if you are using Photoshop, its easy;
    click twice on the layer, and in effects choose inner glow, use black or dark brown and " overlay" as "multiply" could end up too dark?
    again as I said, Im not sure this is what you meant in your reply.
    Please dont take me wrong, I hope Im not being too forward, if it sounds that way, pease forgive me, not my intention at all.
    thank you,Rc
    No worries mate.

My antique ( 15 year old ) version of Paint shop pro doesn't have a lot of the effects/options later programmes have as standard. So alas I sometimes have too think how too best achieve an effect.

Steve

Thanks Pete.

That's pretty much as I understood the rules too be, If you take a look at the photos on the TCA page you will notice a lack of National markings in any off the positions called for. Please take a look : http://catalinagoose.homestead.com/mallards.html and you will see what I mean. I wouldn't like too release an illegal paint scheme

Steve
    Yep, I noticed that too.

ttfn

Pete

Icon23

Although Stevie, I always thought you had an 'inner glow' about you......

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Although Stevie, I always thought you had an 'inner glow' about you......

Shessi
    Ever since I went swimming downstream of Chernobl can't seem shake it off.

With everyone's contributions, the Final Package is going to be fantastic!

Alan

I've finished another repaint for the Mallard, I will probably upload them tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015_08_02_20_30_39_Greenshot_zpshpnqlfhm.jpg  

Gorgeous! I love it

Thanks Pete.

Steve
    Found em! At the tail end of the hull each side below the stripes; prior to 1981 it was legal for marks to be minimum size, ie 2 to 3 inches
    high, and placed in a convenient location , take a closer look at the photo showing the aeroplane coming out of water, side on.

After 1981 marks could be kept small until aeroplane repainted or registration changed, then had to be standard size,
    take a look at main header picture , marks are in same place, at tail end of hull, but bigger, from which we can deduce that that particular airframe was either repainted, or had registration changed after 1981 eh?

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Found em! At the tail end of the hull each side below the stripes; prior to 1981 it was legal for marks to be minimum size, ie 2 to 3 inches
    high, and placed in a convenient location , take a closer look at the photo showing the aeroplane coming out of water, side on.

After 1981 marks could be kept small until aeroplane repainted or registration changed, then had to be standard size,
    take a look at main header picture , marks are in same place, at tail end of hull, but bigger.

Ttfn

Pete

Cheers Pete, had too use a magnifying glass on it but found it.

Cheers Pete, had too use a magnifying glass on it but found it.
    So did I.. I would guess the nonstandard location for marks was agreed with local Faa office, as being suitable for aeroplane type, as other photos on same site with different operators would appear to show.

Don't you just love how our American friends can get local variations!

Now all we need is Nigel to whip up Pebbly Beach air terminal to go with the Mallard!

Ttfn

Pete

(At work in a UK FAA repair station)

Milton, would it be possible to map the contol arms and yoke to a _T texture? I would like to try and add some gloss to them, like the picture on page 3 of this thread.

Thanks for the praise Rachel, but I couldn't have done it without your paint kit!

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Milton, would it be possible to map the contol arms and yoke to a _T texture? I would like to try and add some gloss to them, like the picture on page 3 of this thread.
    Can you not simply add some paint light highlights there? That would be the only thing on that texture requiring alpha channel and we have now many textures and paint kits with this texture embedded. Just hate to make that change and impact so much work at this point.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Steve,

Here is a modified model with just the VC cockpit parts in the interior model.

Model.vctest and aircraft.cfg mod to add it
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton. any chance you can remove the external shell of the aircraft, I need too be able too see the panels from underneath.

Steve

Thanks Milton. any chance you can remove the external shell of the aircraft, I need too be able too see the panels from underneath.

Steve
    Steve,

You can see it best in VC mode. Use cntrl+enter/backspace, shift+enter/backspace, cntr;+shft+backspace/enter to move around.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0