There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 24
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Hi,
    Thank you so much, Milton and Team, for all your time, effort and artistic endeavours in creating this beautiful aircraft for us. .

Andy.

There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you so much, Milton and Team, for all your time, effort and artistic endeavours in creating this beautiful aircraft for us. .

Andy.

Indeed...IMHO this one of the finest freeware models out there. As I got a little ahead of myself on painting after the alpha release I plan to transfer all my earlier paints to the new paint kit, with improvements as needed, to include N98BS, VH-CQA, Texaco, N168WS, etc. so that they will work with these final releases for both FS9 and FSX.

Charter Member 2011
    Great to read back over this more-than year-long thread and see the magic unfold.
    Wonderful stuff; one more salute to you Milton, and the fantastic crewpersons (!) involved in this.

I had my first Mallard sortie today.

I always look out for "The Thing" in a new Shupe model.
    This time believe it or not, it was the way the water keeps draining from the plane after a water takeoff!
    I know, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Great to read back over this more-than year-long thread and see the magic unfold.
    Wonderful stuff; one more salute to you Milton, and the fantastic crewpersons (!) involved in this.

I had my first Mallard sortie today.

I always look out for "The Thing" in a new Shupe model.
    This time believe it or not, it was the way the water keeps draining from the plane after a water takeoff!
    I know, I know...

Thank you Sir; beautiful screen captures there. :-)

Yes, we can thank Roman Stoviak (Spokes2112) for the effects. He also provided many of the programmed effects for the LDR native Mallard model.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Any plans to do the Widgeon ?
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Who needs a Widgeon when you can have this MALLARD!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    Mdk, our focus now is on the turboprop variant, a very nice flyer as well, powerful and fun.

After that is done, I will be back on the A-20 Havoc full time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-may-11-001.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-may-11-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-may-11-004.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Who needs a Widgeon when you can have this MALLARD!
    True, I just hope I can get the bigger Mallard into the puddles my Widgeon can get into during my bush flights.
    MaddogK

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    True, I just hope I can get the bigger Mallard into the puddles my Widgeon can get into during my bush flights.
    You can!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Hi,
    One effect I'm seeing is the water draining from the underside as the aircraft rises...absolutely amazing to watch!

Andy.

Ah, but that is where the GOOSE comes in handy!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Mdk, our focus now is on the turboprop variant, a very nice flyer as well, powerful and fun.

Been looking forward to that one!

Mdk,

Attached is the minimum water take off distances; maybe helpful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails waterTO.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just had a question regarding carb heat and why the overhead levers do not turn on the carb heat.

The problem is that the fuel metering parameter needs to be changed to use a "1" as follows.

fuel_metering_type=1

This parameter is in the aircraft.cfg in the Piston Engine section.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

So very glad to have the FSX Port Over version of this G-73. This fantastic sim proudly shows the tremendous effort put forth by all involved.

And thanks, Milton, for the Modern Business Class tail light.

Quote Originally Posted by bytes2001 View Post
    So very glad to have the FSX Port Over version of this G-73. This fantastic sim proudly shows the tremendous effort put forth by all involved.

And thanks, Milton, for the Modern Business Class tail light.
    Thank you Sir. Yes, I remembered the light. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Mdk,

Would this Widgeon work for you?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...re-G44-Widgeon
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

or if you want one for FS9, this one?

http://www.justflight.com/product/g-44-widgeon

You can find the Joe Binka's G-44 Widgeon in Avsim Library. It is a nice freeware. file : Grumman G-44 Widgeon 2.0, grumman_g44_widgeon_2.0.zip by Joe Binka and Michael Verlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredem View Post
    You can find the Joe Binka's G-44 Widgeon in Avsim Library. It is a nice freeware. file : Grumman G-44 Widgeon 2.0, grumman_g44_widgeon_2.0.zip by Joe Binka and Michael Verlin.
    Been flying that one for years, thats why I asked about a possible fresh one in planning. If I wasn't so cheap I'de have the JF one already.

The Flysimware one is sadly non-FS9, but boy- whats a beauty.

MaddogK

A personnal upgrade : I put a more modern HSI and VOR1 indicator in my Mallard cockpit. The modification can be made as follow :

in the panel.cfg [vcockpit01] part, replace the line

gauge05=ST_Mallard!VOR1_Indicator, 261,390,187,187

by

gauge05=Cessna!VOR1, 261,390,187,187

and

gauge45=ST_Mallard!RMI_D18, 728,137,201,201

by

gauge45=Cessna208!Horizontal-Indicator, 725,140,208,208

the gauges used are default but you can replace by what you wants ! I'm happy with that now !

As I never use the 2d cockpit, this modification is available only for VC, but I think it will be as easy to do to it in the [window00] part.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredem View Post
    A personnal upgrade : I put a more modern HSI and VOR1 indicator in my Mallard cockpit. The modification can be made as follow :

in the panel.cfg [vcockpit01] part, replace the line

gauge05=ST_Mallard!VOR1_Indicator, 261,390,187,187

by

gauge05=Cessna!VOR1, 261,390,187,187

and

gauge45=ST_Mallard!RMI_D18, 728,137,201,201

by

gauge45=Cessna208!Horizontal-Indicator, 725,140,208,208

the gauges used are default but you can replace by what you wants ! I'm happy with that now !

As I never use the 2d cockpit, this modification is available only for VC, but I think it will be as easy to do to it in the [window00] part.
    We always love to see people doing some creative tailoring to their personal tastes.

Always prefer using VC panels on Milton's projects, too.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Working through the list: just uploaded version two of three paints done last fall for the Alpha release. The paints have been updated and improved as needed for the new models and paint kit: N98BS and N168WS modern and classic model Texaco. There are several more of these I plan to update to the new release. I also have 4096 textures (at 32 bit they are quite large, however) for them all, so if there is any interest in those I will provide a dropbox link in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N98BS-1.jpg   N2948 Texaco.jpg   N168WS.jpg  

wellis,

I really appreciate all your efforts producing so many beautiful paint schemes for the Mallard. Thank you Sir!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    wellis,

I really appreciate all your efforts producing so many beautiful paint schemes for the Mallard. Thank you Sir!
    The pleasure is entirely mine sir! These models are simply marvelous. Just discovered that I messed up on the Texaco upload, but I'll have it up shortly. (also have several in the works for the turbo when it becomes available)

Members who have read this thread: 0