There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 3
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Its coming along quite nicely Milton!
    Looking forward to getting wet.

Thanks for the comments. You bet; wet is good. :-)

Finally got her working and looking correct in FSX as well as FS9.

Invested yesterday and today in getting the cockpit basics in place: overhead panel, main panel and console, pedals, yoke stem, yoke arms and steering, seats and pilot/copilot, and surrounding infrastructure.

Next up is getting the various overhead levers and switches in place.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Grumman Mallard Modeling Done ...

Well, finally got the interior and VC modeled and animated and last remaining items added to the exterior model.

So, we move to the mapping preparation stage. That will take a couple days for prep, and mapping another day.

Once that is done and while waiting for textures development, I will work on the panel gauges and flight modeling.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Mallard is looking Great Milton! keep it up!

Milton, are you sure you don't have a secret platoon of engineers/modelers stashed somewhere? The pace of your work without the slightest compromise to detail or quality is astonishing.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Milton, are you sure you don't have a secret platoon of engineers/modelers stashed somewhere? The pace of your work without the slightest compromise to detail or quality is astonishing.
    If I do, I would certainly like to find them, for sure. :-)

No, Nigel and I are "kickin' it" and Fliger747 jumps in when necessary to do the flight model, thankfully.
    Not sure he will do this one but I can make the time for it if necessary.

Well, the exterior mapping went a lot faster than I expected. I was able to knock it out in about 6 or 7 hours this evening.

Still have an hour's work to wrap up the small miscellaneous items outside before moving to the interior.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Lol almost resembles the USCG HU16 Albatross.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Almost, but a bit more elegant IMHO.

This incidentally was the only Grumman amphib not built with a USN contract behind it. It is also therefore different in that it does not have the same water tight bulkheads as do the Goose, Widgeon and Albatross. I was told this recently by - of all people - Jimmy Buffett, who explained to me why he didn't ever buy a Mallard, but has owned the other three Grumman amphibs (he is doing a big restoration of a 1937 Goose at the moment). Because of this design difference, there is a risk and possibility of sea water accumulating in the bilge and dangerously destabilizing the aircraft's CG in flight. The bulkheads were specified in the other Grumman amphibs by the USN to avoid this.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members +
    I just gotta say a BIG thanks to guys like Milton who have not forgotten about FS9.
    A big

Mallard Office

Expat, thanks; that is the one I am patterning the VC from. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That's an interesting yoke arrangement, being offset like that... The bloke in the right seat either had longer arms that the bloke in the left seat, or he had to move the seat up to reach it.

Seriously.... This project is coming along very nicely Milton. Enjoy watching your progress.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    That's an interesting yoke arrangement, being offset like that... The bloke in the right seat either had longer arms that the bloke in the left seat, or he had to move the seat up to reach it.

Seriously.... This project is coming along very nicely Milton. Enjoy watching your progress.

BB686
    Thanks Tom. Just finished texture mapping all the miscellaneous parts on the exterior so now I move inside to the interior and VC. Due diligence ... :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Nice work Milton!

So excited about this project, I decided to paint up Michael Verlin's 'tross in Mallard classic colors ..

Whew! Finally have the interior cabin and furnishings all mapped for textures.

VC is next!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

ooooh! now that's a nifty Interior!

Mallard interiors come in two types: posh and real-posh. A true air-yacht.

For those that are into seaplanes, there is a Facebook open group named "seaplanes and flying boats". Lots of info and photos.

This is happeing so fast that i am a bit scared for some strange reason...
    Anyways

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    This is happeing so fast that i am a bit scared for some strange reason...
    Anyways
    LOL May seem fast to you but averaging 14 hours a day on this and it seems much longer than the 4 weeks since I started.

Invested this morning just adjusting all the things in the VC before I map it for textures. Just about done now and hope to have it mapped before bedtime. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Cockpit major parts now mapped for textures .... yea!

Now a few switches, dials and knobs to finish off the mapping and her mapping will be done.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Cockpit major parts now mapped for textures .... yea!

Now a few switches, dials and knobs to finish off the mapping and her mapping will be done.
    Oh my!

Beautifully crafted and intricate 'fresh mesh' - Loving it, Sir :-])
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thank you Nigel. I have now completed all the mapping, but just added landing lights and need to add a few cabin lights before moving on to the vc panel/gauges and flight model.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

While Milton builds the bits, you can take a peek at the 1:1 version from the outside...

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft...00874358L.html
    http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft...00929675L.html

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0