There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 16
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Mallard Back in Business ...

Well, I have invested, as you know, the last 6 weeks in getting the Harpoon family, the Lodestar family, and the Grumman F7F series out, and taking a week vacation out of town.

Now, I am back to the Mallard and Vega Ventura, with the "rotohub" Rockwell Commander 685 also in the wings about ready for release.

Manecas has been "out of commission" for a while now so that's why we have not heard from him recently; hopefully he will be back soon.

Mark has been out of country but should be back this month.

Wellis has been busy doing some awesome paint schemes.

The FSX native version was on hold pending some serious updates that are now about completed and that side should start rolling forward.
    Those updates will include some really nice texture improvements as well including ambient occlusion. See attached effect for the interior.

So, I am hoping we can get a head of steam up for this project and start seeing the goal line before long.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Well, in my re-familiarization with the Mallard after installing a couple Wellis schemes, I discovered something new to me; the "push back" function works in water. Yeaaa! LOL
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    I've been working some on the passenger cabin textures. If anyone wants this either to use or to build on please just let me know!
    Sir, did you ever release your interior paints and exterior paint schemes? They look awesome.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For those of you who have FSX installations, I have been alpha testing LDS's FSX Native version of the Mallard. I have got to say, this will be an awesome product. The all new VC is outstanding in every way. Superb work on the modeling and textures. Keep an eye out for screen shots when they post them up in the FSX thread.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, I never did. I got sidetracked by building a new "Low Budget" computer. Here is a link to the textures and PSD's: https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/...865a636ea76e9e

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Milton, I never did. I got sidetracked by building a new "Low Budget" computer. Here is a link to the textures and PSD's: https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/...865a636ea76e9e
    Ah, thank you Sir
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Manecas has been "out of commission" for a while now so that's why we have not heard from him recently; hopefully he will be back soon.

Hi Milton, hi fellows, indeed, I have been "away" for a while, due to some medical exams...
    I have been loosing weight for the past three months, stomach aches, etc, and it got to a point when I "HAD" to worry...
    my hobbies and such have been put on hold, and thank God all is fine, and I am coming back, so no worries, please accept my apologies if it seemed I was "gone"
    In the meantime a few "Mallard" items have arrived, the book titled "The Enduring Classic", an old CHALKS DVD, ( from Pioneer) with great air to air footage, which is rare,
    and a lovely old print, almso mentioned in that little book.
    Milton, I have even sent you a couple images to your email, havent heard from you yet, but no problem.
    I am coming back to my cabin textures tomorrow, and will keep you all posted. again please forgive me for my "silence"...I had a good reason...
    yours,
    RC

RC, welcome back mon cher. Yes, I received those emails and reviewed them closely. Thank you Sir.

Will have some things for you Monday.

Great to see you back here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank You Milton, its great to be "back",
    trust me, the Mallard is a lot more fun than that stomach biopsy I had to go through...

I have one more change to wrap up the PV-1 Ventura and I will be back on the Mallard 100%.

There will be 2 models, an early and late version exterior-wise with the interior the same.

Not a big deal to wrap this up for me but manecas is very busy with those interior textures.

Hopefully we will start seeing some activity here soon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

While waiting for Ventura and Mallard textures, (always gotta be busy), I have started work on this little gem.

External engines now completed and mapped; flight model evolving but already very nice; panel and gauge changes are in process.

What a difference these PT-6's make in ground and water behavior (loving these differences), take-off, climb out (beast!), and cruise (190-200 depending on cruise settings and fuel preservation needs).

Love the reverse props too; really fun to play with this in water as well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Turbo Mallard! Excellent!

O M G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

. . don't suppose the FSX team can also do up a PT-6 version as well (?) . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    . . don't suppose the FSX team can also do up a PT-6 version as well (?) . .
    It is in our plans, once the radial is completed.
    Larry

Oh w.o.w.....the Turbo Mallard ...I have waited so long for this to happen.
    Thank You Milton for this. Tahnk you so very much!

But I have been busy too, trying to achieve that payware look inside....
    and also trying new propeller effects.
    Anyday now, anyday now.....
    enjoy gentlemen!

"welcome aboard"
    Photoreal textures for the steps;

Found a great mohair type of texture that you can see here covering the wing spar, that will be applied inside old school style, and eventually the whole thing will match perfectly!

That bit there needs tweaking still....see what I mean?

Vintage looking snacks and drinks too...in a very stilished vintage cabinet.

Help yourself!

and though they dont show here, I have in the meantime added sone glass effect for those windows, will post images later.
    hope you like it so far.
    yours,
    rui

DRINKS AND SNACKS.... I'm sold

Gorgeous work Rui, stunning Glad to have your work adorning the FSX version too, you do it proud!

Rachael, this coming from you, means a lot to me! But I cant match your wizard capabilities as an FSX painter....thank you again. Having tomorrow to finish that cabin, will do my best to have it all by this week...

Every part of this aircraft is looking totally brilliant!

YAY!!!

While waiting for Ventura and Mallard textures, (always gotta be busy), I have started work on this little gem.

External engines now completed and mapped; flight model evolving but already very nice; panel and gauge changes are in process.

What a difference these PT-6's make in ground and water behavior (loving these differences), take-off, climb out (beast!), and cruise (190-200 depending on cruise settings and fuel preservation needs).

Love the reverse props too; really fun to play with this in water as well.

I can hardly wait!! I have an Aussie G-73 coming soon...the nose has been a bear. VH-CQA (formerly N611DS) followed by a Texaco. This will resolve my problem of finding a proper NZ registered bird since about the only liveries I can find pictures of are turbo conversions...I just love this airplane!!! I'll put up a couple screenshots in the morning. VH-CQA is currently operating from Evan's Head Airpark, NSW.
    Last edited by wellis; October 19th, 2015 at 18:56. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Every part of this aircraft is looking totally brilliant!
    Indeed, thanks to so many talented contributors here.

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    I can hardly wait!! I have an Aussie G-73 coming soon...the nose has been a bear. VH-CQA (formerly N611DS) followed by a Texaco. This will resolve my problem of finding a proper NZ registered bird since about the only liveries I can find pictures of are turbo conversions...I just love this airplane!!! I'll put up a couple screenshots in the morning. VH-CQA is currently operating from Evan's Head Airpark, NSW.
    Wellis, oh man, I really appreciate that and look forward to these paint schemes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

After that cabin is done, I would like to paint the second Mallard being built, house colours grey blue and yellow....
    Something "classic" to go with its "classic" cabin!;-))))
    I will try and upload my propeller textures as well later, did two with red tip and yellow tips...
    later gentlemen,
    yours,
    rc

Indeed, thanks to so many talented contributors here.

Wellis, oh man, I really appreciate that and look forward to these paint schemes.
    Thanks for the encouragement and thank you and Firekitten for this absolutely wonderful model and paint kit! Here are some screen shots of VH-CQA. A few more tweaks. Next up Texaco N2949
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-CQA-3.jpg   VH-CQA-2.jpg   VH-CQA-1.jpg   grumman-g-73-mallard-03.jpg  

...have a seat gentlemen!

Members who have read this thread: 0