There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Oh my! One of my favorites. Thank you, sir.

As planned, engines and props by sundown. :-)

Must do the prop mesh and then on to those interesting main gear components. :-)
    That is going to take a while I suspect. LOL
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Mallard Video

Milton,
    Nice looking Mallard (so far). I made a video that might tide the troops over until you finish your model. Link: http://youtu.be/Qfmlpz8JKro . No explanations required, I hope. The video shows it all. Nice part is that it does NOT crash on water landing, turns, or take off which is prime. Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    As planned, engines and props by sundown. :-)

Must do the prop mesh and then on to those interesting main gear components. :-)
    That is going to take a while I suspect. LOL
    What a lovely plane this is going to be!

Beautiful work, Milton - and in such a short time frame. I have GOT to learn how to build planes.

There's only few fs2004 developers left, but those few do most interesting flying, floating, running, or just standing on the ground stuff. And everything is of most excellent quality

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    What a lovely plane this is going to be!
    Let's hope so; we need a fresh update for this aircraft With projects we have going, I am working fast to get this one out the door in a basic mode and I hope someone here will step up to paint it once available. If that will happen, I can probably get the panel and gauges together (will someone paint the vc panels for me once I provide the templates?) and we can have it in your hands in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Beautiful work, Milton - and in such a short time frame. I have GOT to learn how to build planes.
    You really should. It's a great retirement past-time. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    There's only few fs2004 developers left, but those few do most interesting flying, floating, running, or just standing on the ground stuff. And everything is of most excellent quality
    That's very kind of you Sir. I am happy to be doing it as well. :-)

Last night and today, the focus has been on building the nose gear and the wing floats. Got her exported to FS9 and flying in FSX too :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Awesome! A plane that has been, to me, overlooked in FS. Thanks for the previews, it looks great.

Such fine work and in such short order ! !
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Such a class act . .

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Such fine work and in such short order ! !
    It helps to be retired and able to invest 12-14 hours a day on it. :-)

Building the exterior model usually goes pretty quickly, after that, the real work begins. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, I wanted to get the main gear started two days ago but other stuff needed to get done first.

With the exterior model now mainly completed, and the key element added (the wing fairing), I can now work on the main gear assembly. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Hi Milton, that's some beautiful modeling of a graceful swan.

Milton,

Is there anything we can do to give you a hand, like looking for photos, Tech Info, or other stuff like that?
    If there is, please let us know!

Hope one of the outstanding Repainters out there will hop on board, and give the Mallard an awesome skin (or many)!

-- Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Hi Milton, that's some beautiful modeling of a graceful swan.
    Thank you Sir. It's turning out a lot better than I thought it would. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Milton,

Is there anything we can do to give you a hand, like looking for photos, Tech Info, or other stuff like that?
    If there is, please let us know!

Hope one of the outstanding Repainters out there will hop on board, and give the Mallard an awesome skin (or many)!

-- Alan
    Thank you Alan. The area of reference I most need photos for is the cockpit aside from the panels. That is the floor, side panels, the walls behind the pilots, etc. Everything else I am pretty good shape for.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, I have finally started the work for the main gear assembly. But before anything can be modeled for gear, we need a place to stow it.

The last few hours have been focused on getting a nice wheel well compartment built. This is unrefined but a starting point.

I only have two good references for these wheel wells but I think enough to do a decent job.

Once the fuselage side work is done, then the wing bottom recess must be modeled to receive the upper main gear struts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Mallard gear complexities show in this animation. Almost done with the left side.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Mallard gear complexities show in this animation. Almost done with the left side.
    Gee! Milton! You're faster than light. And the Mallard is getting mopre and more neautiful! Awesome!

Didn't Chalk fly Mallards?

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Gee! Milton! You're faster than light. And the Mallard is getting more and more beautiful! Awesome!

Didn't Chalk fly Mallards?

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Well, just a lot of hours invested each day helps a lot. :-)

Yes, I have quite a few pics of Chalks lot. :-)

Once I get this gear done, the exterior will be mostly complete and ready for mapping.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Superb !!!!!!

This is looking awesome! I think I may log quite a few hours in it

Took a modeling break to fly in the annual RTWR but back today to finish up the main gear. That was a nice challenge.

I am going to take a short break before mapping the exterior to build the flight model so we can fly this thing correctly, then back to the mapping and interior.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Working in the cabin and VC now ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Working in the cabin and VC now ...