There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 4
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    LOL May seem fast to you but averaging 14 hours a day on this and it seems much longer than the 4 weeks since I started.

Invested this morning just adjusting all the things in the VC before I map it for textures. Just about done now and hope to have it mapped before bedtime. :-)
    Im way to young to teach you sir, but this is SCARY, no matter how much i want Mallard, but 14 hours a day is gullag, please do not overwork yourself.
    Theres still plenty of pretty planes waiting to be made

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    Im way to young to teach you sir, but this is SCARY, no matter how much i want Mallard, but 14 hours a day is gullag, please do not overwork yourself.
    Theres still plenty of pretty planes waiting to be made
    LOL I am retired; it's what I do everyday. I have 4 Harpoons, 4 Lodestars, the HMS Bounty, the AC685, the Mallard, and a collaboration project going with the Modified Stock Car Pinto with Rob Barendregt all in progress, all near completion.

I start early and play late, with breaks for family and exercise, and food of course. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    While Milton builds the bits, you can take a peek at the 1:1 version from the outside...

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft...00874358L.html
    http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft...00929675L.html
    Beautiful paint scheme, Sir G - one definitely worth watching out for here
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Beautiful paint scheme, Sir G - one definitely worth watching out for here
    Hey Nigel, watch your ouzo stash, Matt is coming.... Lol
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post940467

Ttfn

Pete

Grumman Mallard Update

Well, I got the flight model done except for some final tweaking tests. She goes through the entire flight envelope beautifully. Just some tweaking on SPC and range to tweak her out.

With the cockpit mapped, I am trying to get the panel populated with gauges. Once in place I can finalize positioning, and be ready for panel textures and gauge face textures.

While awaiting that, I can exercise my xml options to show/hide a few things, animate a few things in the cockpit, and play with lighting in the cabin.

Meanwhile a few screenshots to show the work. Note the mooring lights (required extra battery to keep them on all night).
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members +
    LOL I am retired; it's what I do everyday. I have 4 Harpoons, 4 Lodestars, the HMS Bounty, the AC685, the Mallard, and a collaboration project going with the Modified Stock Car Pinto with Rob Barendregt all in progress, all near completion.

I start early and play late, with breaks for family and exercise, and food of course. :-)
    Lol... So such gong on, I really hope Milton is keeping track...
    Just imagine....
    The Pinto with floats, the AC685 that ONLY flies with the wind, The Harpoon with the Bounty's cockpit!!..

Those mooring lights will come in handy coming back from night fishing - looking great!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Lol... So such gong on, I really hope Milton is keeping track...
    Just imagine....
    The Pinto with floats, the AC685 that ONLY flies with the wind, The Harpoon with the Bounty's cockpit!!..
    LOL, no Sir - in fact just the opposite; as well as the awesome 'office' work going on in that beautiful Mallard, he still manages to pamper the whims of other team members..."Please Sir, could we change the mapping to this, could we rearrange that?"

Nothing is ever too much, never too insignificant :-)

BTW...Hmmm...now that you mention it, maybe we could use an SMG in a PV-2D...

Nahhh, this is all a wind up - folk like me are easily mislead - I'm outta here before I gits into trouble...

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

For those planning repaints for this beauty . .

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    For those planning repaints for this beauty . .

Pleased to say; (top) red/black/white & awesome 'Mallard graphics' are way up high on the list of todoos, LOL :-)

For now; much busy business on sister projects

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Deleted
    edit; apologies - accidently posted twice

N :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Man, those engine nacelles are really big and round! Seems like a really small prop on those planes... Funny tho, the Grumman HU-16 Albatross looks to have a similar profile.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Man, those engine nacelles are really big and round! Seems like a really small prop on those planes... Funny tho, the Grumman HU-16 Albatross looks to have a similar profile.

BB686
    Yes indeed, Tom; very strong family resemblance :-)

In the case of the Mallard, IMO Grumman struck a unique balance of rugged ergonomics and classy aesthetics.

Arguably one of the most beautiful amphibians ever designed, and long among the top contenders on my personal wish list, I'm just so thrilled and exited that Milton chose to work his magic on this Classic of American aviation.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Hope this commendable initiative hasn't been forgotten !

Hope this commendable initiative hasn't been forgotten !
    Oh, not at all. She's sitting at the paint shop waiting her turn. :-)

We are trying to wrap up the HMS Bounty as the moment.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

Drooool!

Drat, another keyboard bites teh dust :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Sweet!!!!

Cheers,
    Maarten

I thought Milton was the only one building a Mallard. Seems I was in error.

http://www.mallardaircraft.com/

I think Milton's might be just a tad cheaper, though!

Myles

Really looking forward to this most beautiful classic aircraft!

Really looking forward to this most beautiful classic aircraft!
    Thank you Sir; wish I could expedite it for you. Nigel and I are doing what we can to make progress but only so much we can do.

I am thinking about about just putting this out there for you guys to paint and supply your own needs until we can get on it.
    The Harpoon is next to wrap up with the Lodestars and Ventura waiting.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Sir; wish I could expedite it for you. Nigel and I are doing what we can to make progress but only so much we can do.
    Yes, the Shupe & Co "Ironworks" have a production line and order backlog that Boeing and Lockheed would be most envious of!

The Harpoon is next to wrap up with the Lodestars and Ventura waiting.
    Forced to declare a conflict of interest as am keen for these birds just as much. And the F7F. And the AC 685 !!

I am thinking about about just putting this out there for you guys to paint and supply your own needs until we can get on it.
    That's a generous suggestion Milton - maybe others more talented than I am can progress the painting - divide and conquer!!

Last edited by expat; May 19th, 2015 at 06:43.

Since it looks like its going to be awhile before we can get on this, I plan to put her out as a WIP and ask you "have at it" with textures, panel textures, discover any missing/needed gauges, etc. I will work on it as I have time to correct anything you find. Sounds are a variant of what we used on the D18S and sound pretty nice. Flight model seems pretty nice but I haven't fine tuned it yet.

Should have it available to you this weekend.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wow, I had no idea it was already that far along. If anyone can add the finishing touches, it's definitely this community. They're awesome like that.

Members who have read this thread: 0