JF F27 released! (29th April) - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: JF F27 released! (29th April)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Although both are published by Just Flight, the Tornado is an in-house development while the F27 is made by Aeroplane Heaven.
    Several of us have suspected that might a factor...

I'm hoping that when/if the F27 is released it will be easier on the frame rates/graphics than the DC-8 has been (for my system at least).

K

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    As a member of the Beta team I can assure that it has not been forgotten and that release is getting closer.

FPS wise it is good on my mid range computer. I am also testing an airport YSDU (Dubbo) and I have my FPS locked at 30 and I am getting a fairly constant 30 with the occasional drop to 28.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks AussieMan for the update.

And FWIW, I don't think most us ever believed the issue with the F27 is/was that it had been forgotten.

K

The delay with the F-27 was due to substantial parts of the aircraft getting a re-write so that they were more sophisticated. That's now done and BETA testing is going at full steam.
    Regarding the disparity between the amount of Tornado/F-27 material going up on Facebook - the biggest reason is that Martyn and I are Facebook users whereas the F-27 guys aren't so much.

don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory!

(spews coffee laughing so hard)

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    The delay with the F-27 was due to substantial parts of the aircraft getting a re-write so that they were more sophisticated.
    Good news, RAS. That communicated directly to the customer base answers the question. So now we know-- thanks for clarifying.

And AussieMan - nice to hear about the seeming easiness on frame rates.

Kent

More sophisticated... bah... in my day we had rubber bands. You wound them up, you let them go...

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    More sophisticated... bah... in my day we had rubber bands. You wound them up, you let them go...
    The ole rubber band power egg aye .... were would ya be with out wubber bugger .... now we's me bag of wubber bands

Stand by gentlemen... I hear that the release is happening today!

Someone send Kent an email QUICK!!!

Tks for the HU

ATB
    DaveB

It's actually on sale now!

Special introductory price until 9am (UK time) Wedneday 6th May 2015 athttp://www.justflight.com/product/fo...27-100-200-300

Downloaded! It might be me but I cannot find a link to the stated paintkit though - or is it a bit too soon?

The paint kit will follow shortly as a separate download from the support page. Mostly likely tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Someone send Kent an email QUICK!!!
    Ah well...too late...I've since **completely** lost interest in the F27...

NOT ON YOUR LIFE! Downloading as I type this!!!!

(Later Edit) To be honest, I have never particularly been a fan of JF products (I've had framerate problems, texture issues, cartoonish look IMHO, etc.)-- but this one is COMPLETELY changing my mind. The FDE is superb-- solid as a rock, with that "heavy" feel...the textures are well done...and so far-- the frame rates are like a knife through butter. My **only** complaint is the treatment of the beacons-- the steady red glow on the sides of fuselage is annoying....get rid of that, and the beacons would be okay-- but overall it's a minor nit.

Well done so far!!!!

Kent
    Last edited by ColoKent; April 29th, 2015 at 05:22.

Downloading now!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Update

Real simple...the more I fly it, the MORE I like it!

Kent

just purchased it. Can not wait to take it to the sky.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Looks good; I'll be picking this one up I think!
    Jim Stewart

Bought it, can't activate it. Emailed JF, but now waiting for the support guys to wake up now its midnight in the UK.

Sweet! And one thing I like about 'released' thread is the sheer number of screenshots.
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Is it my install or the interior/cockpit lights do sweet FA?? The over head panel is really dark and I flick the two "panel light" switches -above the pilots head- but NOTHING!?! Its really hard to read the the COMM/VHF and ADF radio area and you have to switch views to change the "stand by" VHF frequency. Its easy to switch from "stand by" to "active" but to actually change and read the "stand by" frequency.....due to two switches being in the way!?.

The electrical systems have been modeled to follow correct procedures. It is all in the manual. If you do not switch the batteries on or select and use the GPU, there is no power in the aircraft.

Correct procedure is select Ext. Pwr on the master battery switch, switch up the External Power switch next to it and then you have power. Turn on the panel lights and off you go.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The electrical systems have been modeled to follow correct procedures. It is all in the manual. If you do not switch the batteries on or select and use the GPU, there is no power in the aircraft.

Correct procedure is select Ext. Pwr on the master battery switch, switch up the External Power switch next to it and then you have power. Turn on the panel lights and off you go.
    Thanks mate I had done all of that, as per manual! Still no internal lights!?!?

Any word on the paint kit? This baby is just dying to be repainted! I flew this airplane for most of the day yesterday, and I am in love. Great job.

When/if you do a service pack, please add an .MDL for a -200 with external tanks (to include tweaked FDE [more fuel], and tank textures)...then, in addition to a ton of airline/cargo schemes, we can also do a ton of military repaints (the very sharp looking New Zealand AF and Icelandic Coast Guard versions immediately come to mind).

Again....just OUTSTANDING!

Kent

P.S. On the paint kit, can you please include the textures for the start cart, baggage trolley and steps so that we can match those items with the repaint?
    Last edited by ColoKent; April 30th, 2015 at 05:41.

Members who have read this thread: 1