JF F27 released! (29th April) - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: JF F27 released! (29th April)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Thanks mate I had done all of that, as per manual! Still no internal lights!?!?
    Interesting. Tried the central rotary switch on the lighting switch panel above the windscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Any word on the paint kit?
    I believe it is being checked over by our painter tonight. Fingers crossed it should be released tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    I believe it is being checked over by our painter tonight. Fingers crossed it should be released tomorrow.
    Excellent....Sorry to keep raving, but IMHO, you guys SMACKED this one out of the park...Absolutely wonderful.

Kent

She looks to be a beauti
    Was reading up on the F27 and had a question that I could not find answer too... does the F27 turbo prop have reverse thrust?

Not on these versions.

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    ... does the F27 turbo prop have reverse thrust?
    Bazzar, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if the HPC lever is in the standard LOCK OUT position on landing (which is where it should be if both engines are operating), then at touchdown, with the aircraft weight on the wheels, the "Prop Below Lock" lights illuminate as the props automatically go into "Ground Fine" (prop blades go flat or nearly flat), which increases drag and helps shorten the roll out.

Kent

Hi Kent, you are not wrong but that feature is not included. It was the Devil's work just to get the prop lock/HPCs to function at all in FSX!

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hi Kent, you are not wrong but that feature is not included. It was the Devil's work just to get the prop lock/HPCs to function at all in FSX!
    Damn! Why did you tell me that??? It SEEMED like it was slowing down quicker on rollout....

Kent

Looking forward to the paintkit (and hopefully it's not too difficult to use). An Icelandic Coast Guard and/or Norwegian Air Shuttle livery would look great!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Damn! Why did you tell me that??? It SEEMED like it was slowing down quicker on rollout....

Kent
    Well maybe my coder is better than I thought...( sound of spluttering in beer mug behind)

So I bought the F27 today and she is a beauty. I have the following comments based on **** and the tutorial mission.

1. Using selection of the F27 tutorial for the FTX/Orbx England scenery will cause a wing clip into a hangar and instant crash. I wound up using the set up for default scenery then slewing to a parking spot for the FTX England scenery I have.

2. Followed the start up procedures in the manual. All seemed to work ok except...
    A. Opening the doors using the Shift + E2/3 etc causes the doors to open then instantly shut.
    B. Using the crew call does call up the baggage equip, generator APU and air stairs etc. However, I cant get the generator to go away. Ever. Even after start up etc.
    C. The Fuel datum computer doesnt move. I tried everything and it shows a mouse over like it will be selectable and moveable, but nothing happens.

3. I'd really really like to be able to get into this bird already started. Hoping its not cold and dead every time. I frankly dont want to do a full start up every time. Is this possible?

Otherwise boys, she is beautiful and I hope to be able to enjoy this bird for awhile.

Eric

1. Models are always/usually developed for standard FS setup.
    2. a. Don't know, doors all work fine.
    b. Crew call button brins up stairs and luggage vehicles. NOT the GPU. The GPU is brought up by switching the master battery switch to EXT.PWR. The generator GPU will disappear when this switch is switched to battery.

c. The fuel datum computer is operated by click and drag.

3. Cntrl/E starts are always possible but some "real" functions will be disabled. The model has been designed for flying by-the-book.

Hope you get to know her, she's a fun lady to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    A. Opening the doors using the Shift + E2/3 etc causes the doors to open then instantly shut.

Are you near a fuel pump perhaps ? - Known fault with MS FSX that the doors will always shut when using the Open door command if you are near a fuel station

1. Models are always/usually developed for standard FS setup.
    2. a. Don't know, doors all work fine.
    b. Crew call button brins up stairs and luggage vehicles. NOT the GPU. The GPU is brought up by switching the master battery switch to EXT.PWR. The generator GPU will disappear when this switch is switched to battery.

c. The fuel datum computer is operated by click and drag.

3. Cntrl/E starts are always possible but some "real" functions will be disabled. The model has been designed for flying by-the-book.

Hope you get to know her, she's a fun lady to fly.
    The aircraft comes with 3 versions of the tutorial. One specifically for the FTX/Orbx England scenery. When selecting that one (since thats the scenery I have), it crashes into a hangar.

Thanks for the info on the ext power will switch that to Battery next time!

Still cant get the fuel datum computer to work by click and drag or any other method.

I appreciate flying by the book, but as this is a simulation, would be nice to have some of the book already completed and be able to get into a previously started aircraft as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I appreciate flying by the book, but as this is a simulation, would be nice to have some of the book already completed and be able to get into a previously started aircraft as an option.
    That's one of the best ways I've ever heard that statement made.

In my opinion, developers should take that into serious regard. There are plenty of very successful addons which require flying and/or by the book, but have a 'ready to fly' button on a 2D panel for those times when you want/need to skip ahead a few chapters.
    Jim Stewart

Well I guess if you are doing the tutorial or any flight in fact, you can always get her started and resave the flight. Then when you reload the flight she'll be running.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Bazz, I am having a quiet chuckle about the comments about having to start this great lady by the manual. Maybe they should be asked to beta test one of your aircraft. Drop it on them with no paperwork whatsoever. Let them poke around the cockpit flicking switches here and pushing buttons there and see what happens if I push this button or that button . "Oops didn't know that button did that ".

Also the door thing is an FS thing. you can park at a fuel bowser and nothing will happen. The main reason the doors open and then slam shut near a fuel bowser is that fuel point is set as a fuel trigger. That means if you roll over it with say 20% fuel in your tanks when you roll over it you will finish with 100% fuel in your tanks.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Well I guess if you are doing the tutorial or any flight in fact, you can always get her started and resave the flight. Then when you reload the flight she'll be running.
    Very true. I've used that strategy occasionally.

However (and this really only applies to me personally so may hold little weight or meaning with others), when I typically fly an aircraft, I make it my sole aircraft for however long, right down to the livery. I start it up, fly it to wherever I'm going, shut it down, save the flight. The next time I fly that aircraft, I load up that exact saved flight, do my walkaround, checklists, whatever, start it up and fly to my next destination. And repeat. Often I'll take a single aircraft on quite a long distance journey, one leg at a time, over the course of a few weeks (or months if I get sidetracked by other aircraft). I get a great deal of enjoyment from that.

When that aircraft has a lengthy start-up routine, it limits it's use to nights where I have a larger block of time, unless it has a 'ready to fly' button. When it has a feature like that, then I can choose to go through everything when I have time, or jump in and fly when I don't. A pre-saved flight with the engines running doesn't cut it when flying the same aircraft from one leg to the next.

Again, however, that's just me. We all use our sims differently! And luckily, aircraft that take a long time to start up and configure for flight generally aren't the ones you take on a many-leg, cross country tour. I just wanted to explain myself; I think developers sometimes don't understand why we might value a certain feature, simply because no-one takes the time to do so.

And enough with that; regardless of how long it takes to start the F27, it looks like a fine job!
    Jim Stewart

Just downloaded this little beauty
    What a great aircraft to fly
    Now all I need is someone to make a repaint for me Please
    Here is the a/c

ps would like the MMA one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1993.226.jpg   1993.227.jpg   1999.245.jpg   1999.521l.jpg  
    Last edited by musterpilot; May 1st, 2015 at 00:52. Reason: wrong photos

Interesting. Tried the central rotary switch on the lighting switch panel above the windscreen?
    Yep! I had exhausted all avenues before I posted my plight.

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Just downloaded this little beauty
    What a great aircraft to fly
    Now all I need is someone to make a repaint for me Please
    Here is the a/c

ps would like the MMA one
    Will see what I can do for you. No promises as there is no paint kit yet. Also do you have any photos of the Sky West Fokkers?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Will see what I can do for you. No promises as there is no paint kit yet. Also do you have any photos of the Sky West Fokkers?
    I will have a look give me about 1/2 hour
    How about these
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1997.143al.jpg   1997.270al.jpg  

No good. They look like F-50s.

Cheers
    Pat

Downloading...thanks, RAS!

Members who have read this thread: 1