JF F27 released! (29th April) - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: JF F27 released! (29th April)

No worries mate, try the suggestion though please.

Bazzar, I hate to post this bug report here(yes, I filed a support ticket with you guys but with no way to show the screens of the issue). The issue is that there is a minor bug with the prop blur animation graphics when the prop disc is viewed at quartering angles looking towards the fuselage. To be honest, with the exceptionally thin/light appearance of the prop disc blur, I had not noticed this issue up to now. Last night after I added Matt Wynn's nice new fictional KLM repaint(which he included darker prop disc textures), the issue was very visible with that texture and after checking the stock model prop blur, sure enough, I saw the same issue. I also found screenshots around the net of the model where the issue appeared as well. Anyhow, just for reference, here are the screens highlighting the issue so you guys can check into it & see if anyone else is having the same problem:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am afraid there is little we can do there. The props rely on transparency alphas which clash with the alphas on the fuselage because the materials there are specially set up to cut the windows nice and cleanly. It was a choice between creating geometry cut windows which would always distort and alpha cuts which don't, given that the prop blurs would indeed "disappear" over the fuse. The alpha cuts won.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    In fact, I bought this in the Just Flight Fokker and the Finnish Air Force's painting is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I am afraid there is little we can do there. The props rely on transparency alphas which clash with the alphas on the fuselage because the materials there are specially set up to cut the windows nice and cleanly. It was a choice between creating geometry cut windows which would always distort and alpha cuts which don't, given that the prop blurs would indeed "disappear" over the fuse. The alpha cuts won.
    Understood. It's not really a big issue with the standard prop disk textures as they are colored lightly, only with the darker version. Hopefully at some point a work around can be found(so the darker prop disc textures can be used) but till then, we're still good to go.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

whoops! looks like i uploaded my WIP folder for those textures rather than the actual.... better send avsim the fix! *banging head on desk*

Anyone know if JF plans to offer a free demo version like they have for other models?

d

Thanks for all your feedback.

Hello Everybody. My name is Alex Ford. I’m the Publishing Director at just Flight. I just wanted to post an initial message firstly saying thank you very much for purchasing our new F27 Friendship, secondly its very nice to see that so many of you are enjoying it and thirdly thank you all for your feedback both good and these reporting issues or clarification. We are reading everybody’s comments as far as is humanly possible and we are feeding back any issues so that they can be investigated and if valid addressed. There will be a software update issued for the F27 as soon as its ready, but currently we have no release date for it, however needless to say that its being worked on now with all due attention. I will post here again as things progress.
    Alex Ford
    Publishing Director
    Just Flight.

Alex, thanks for your response. The model is very nice despite a couple of minor issues and a total joy to fly. I am confident you guys will sort out the issues as best as possible in due time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was hoping that our Dutch friends over here would do a nice KLU repaint for this magnificent model!

Or something low viz? I mainly fly military birds, so military/low viz would be highly appreciated!

Johan

Hiya,

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    I was hoping that our Dutch friends over here would do a nice KLU repaint for this magnificent model!

Or something low viz? I mainly fly military birds, so military/low viz would be highly appreciated!

Johan
    Working on the C-5 in grey cammo, only one painted in this scheme.

Could take some time though.

Marcel

Now that would be lovely! Thanks in advance!!!

Just uploaded here at SOH (Exclusively) this F27 livery: BR Central PT-LDT

Just wait the paint appears in the library.

-- By mistake i put in the title that the plane has registration PT-LCG, the correct is PT-LDT. If some library staff see this, please correct the text in the library as i can´t do this by myself. --
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Looks Great Flaviossa

I am lovin' this bird, and am happy to see different liveries being uploaded.

Also, I am glad to see that JustFlight is keeping an eye on this thread. That means they are looking at improvements on an already great product.
    I would place this F27 right up there withtheir L-1011, and the Connie.

Great job JustFlight, and keep up the good work.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

It was a choice between creating geometry cut windows which would always distort and alpha cuts which don't, given that the prop blurs would indeed "disappear" over the fuse. The alpha cuts won.
    Thank you for choosing this method!

Otherwise, my upcoming NAC variant with the foremost passenger window covered by an ice shield panel won't be possible:

(Note: early WIP shot with still some remains of the closed window in the bump map's alpha - meanwhile ironed out)

This little Fokker is just a dream to fly and it reminds me of many happy flying hours back in the old days of FS2000 with Espen Oijordbakkens outstanding F50. I still have its magnificient Flight Deck Manual in a neat folder on my shelf...

Talking about manuals:
    On page 50 of the F27 manual, climb RPM settings are said to be about 16.000. This seems quite a lot to me and doesn't match the gauge's readout either.
    Rick Piper's groundbreaking HS.748 with the same Dart 532 powerplants refers to 15000 RPM on takeoff, 14200 on climb & cruise with max continuous revs of 14500.
    Rescuing my precious Rolls Royce engines from ending up as grinding powder, I'd better stay within this envelope...

Thank you for this awesome aircraft!

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I am doing a repaint of an EAST-WEST F-27. The main scheme is green and gold. I have a problem though. The aerials on the bottom of the fuselage are the same colour as the fuselage itself. After painting the fuselage I still have the white aerials and for the love of me I cannot find them in any of the templates.

I have noticed that some painters have found them. Could they please tell me where to find them please. Here are some screenshots of the offending items.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aerials.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Thank you for choosing this method!

Otherwise, my upcoming NAC variant with the foremost passenger window covered by an ice shield panel won't be possible:

Thank you for this awesome aircraft!
    Looking superb Markus , just a little tweak with the 'Godwit' logo as they were a circle , that is looking and in Che's wicked New Plymouth scenery

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I am doing a repaint of an EAST-WEST F-27. The main scheme is green and gold. I have a problem though. The aerials on the bottom of the fuselage are the same colour as the fuselage itself. After painting the fuselage I still have the white aerials and for the love of me I cannot find them in any of the templates.

I have noticed that some painters have found them. Could they please tell me where to find them please. Here are some screenshots of the offending items.

Pat I have not had a chance to have a play , Markus cut the slack for me and hooked into it and the New Zealand schemes - very sure he'd no exactly were to find them on the templates.

Antennas are located as in the screenshot.

Bazzar...SAVIOR OF THE (JF F27) WORLD!

Thanks,

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Bazzar...SAVIOR OF THE (JF F27) WORLD!
    Long awaited , I love the short hops , doing the simply early Nav , none of this 'click click click' , great using flight maps to get you home

Antennas are located as in the screenshot.
    Nice Baz I may have needed this info myself , maybe only for one version the 'RNZAF F-27' , looks like Markus is really doing a Superb effort with New Zealand's Fokker Friendship

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks Bazz.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 1