DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 23
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1315161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    But I'm having fun with the spam [keeps your plane release in the public eye]...
    The actual problem is that the download link gets buried as well and I can't edit the first post in this thread to add it.

But I've got an idea: Spam away as you please but make sure that each new page has the download link in at least one post. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The actual problem is that the download link gets buried as well and I can't edit the first post in this thread to add it.

But I've got an idea: Spam away as you please but make sure that each new page has the download link in at least one post. Deal?
    Deal....
    Is that something I can do....ie copy/paste the links for you every now and then?...

I'm now 'stuck' on this one....I have no idea what those graphics are on the intakes.

Last edited by Jafo; June 30th, 2015 at 06:46.

Aye, just copy-paste the Google Drive link.

The chevrons are warning labels, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Aye, just copy-paste the Google Drive link.

The chevrons are warning labels, I guess.
    Can do...
    But no, not those.....the graphic circled here....

Ah.....worked it out....it's a 'Sky Raiders' logo ...

Last edited by Jafo; June 30th, 2015 at 21:54.

Now that you say it, it does read "Sky Raiders" indeed.

An older one redone with more detail...
    Getting close to uploading most of these in 4096....soonish...

ZU-TEE was looking a little 'bland'...so while looking for more pics I found it has had about 4 incarnations....and the first one I'd done was about the second 'blandest'.
    This ver has a bit more interest... took a while to find all the graphics...and as always one's still NQR ...

Bjoern's current release version download link....[so it's not lost in the swamp]

Link, as usual:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

ZU-HIT....now with revised Sky Raiders logo ....seems to have been 2 vers.

Next is ZU-RUN.... but annoyingly I can't determine whether the tail graphic on the right side is actually also on the left....

....there's always 'something'...

Cheers Jafo

No.. I've had a look at ZU-RUN and it's commonly shown in 2 liveries.. one of which.. http://www.l39.com/sites/all/photos/N8124N_5.jpg is only shown on the RH side!! Don't ya love it when that happens Would this have been a final paint though? I can't find any more of it like that and it's odd not to be showing a registration.

ATB
    DaveB

Anyone know if this critter has the same graphic on the other side?

Edit...
    Dave....that's not ZU-RUN ....it didn't have that scheme....it was released as 207 Soviet...and became 207 Ukraine before private as ZU-RUN...and that has at least 2 vers...[right side] with/without graphic....otherwise with Red star.
    CN was 232207.
    N8124N in your pic was CN 330211

Ahh.. should have looked closer. Put ZU-RUN into google and get anything but!!

ATB
    DaveB

I've worked on the 'theory' that the reason ZU-RUN is only snapped from the right is to show the tail cos it's only painted on the right....sounds almost reasonable...so the left would be camo and red star [as can be found].
    Meanwhile...some sleuthing and I worked out what the 'Matrix' graphic is....

...so this one's probably about as right as I can get it....and yes, the camo pattern is different to its sister...ZU-HIT....;p

Another nice one Jafo

ATB
    DaveB

Now looking at ZU-JET ....bit like ZU-ROL but not...

Meanwhile most recent one 'finalised'....

This ZU-JET's a pain....reconstructing signage....more to do yet...still has ZU-ROL's wings...

Been drawing an Isometric of a 5 level house today [it's me job] ...so it's actually refreshing to get back to ZU-whatevers again....

Here's ZU-JET 'finished'. I had to colour-pick the U/S of the wings in the photos just to determine there were red bits. It's a pain when there ain't enough/good photos...;p

Had to do the Radio artwork from scratch....couldn't find anything have decent....and it's 'only' used 6 times.

I had to do a double-take on that. I thought the first shot was a phot!!

ATB
    DaveB

This'll be the last one before I start uploading some [in 4096 res]....
    Heart Surge ...023...N828BJ...

Still have the wing leading edges to do in white....

At last....

I've drawn a proverbial line under the reworking and finally uploaded the first of the HD res paints.
    It's the ZU-JET [in one of its permutations] in 4096 DXT5 DDS format.
    Please let me know what you think.... and I'll get around to uploading more of the 40 or so that I've done to date...

4096 looks stunning jafo but sadly.. my rig isn't up to that sort of detail.. neither is my monitor come to think of it It'll keep many here very happy though and rightly so

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    4096 looks stunning jafo but sadly.. my rig isn't up to that sort of detail.. neither is my monitor come to think of it It'll keep many here very happy though and rightly so

ATB
    DaveB
    Dave....would it pay to bundle 2048 vers with each upload...so people can opt for what they can manage? Just means there are 8 images to shrink and save-as ...

Just uploaded this one here too...in 4096 res.

More to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Dave....would it pay to bundle 2048 vers with each upload...so people can opt for what they can manage? Just means there are 8 images to shrink and save-as ...
    That would certainly help me out but it's extra work on top of the mountain you've already done. My TML is only 1024 anyway so even 2048's get lost. If I raise it to 2048, I get unpleasant side-effects. It's a balancing act isn't it. I could up it to 2048 and pull some of the sliders back to fend off textures not displaying (ground tiles in particular) effectively seeing 'less' but slightly better or leave as-is seeing slightly more but in less detail. I need a lottery win!!

ATB
    DaveB

Dave....even at 2048 the detail is fudged...as it's drawn 'per pixel', ie. lines are typically 1 pixel wide....and sadly there's no such thing as a half-pixel...so lines end up at best a 1 pixel halftone 'blur'.
    1024 is only 1/16 the number of pixels to represent the 'image' as 4096....so 'detail' is going to be a misnomer.
    DDS is about as good as it gets maintaining image-size 'sanity'....

Members who have read this thread: 3