3 Simple Questions to Install ETO 1.5

Thread: 3 Simple Questions to Install ETO 1.5

3 Simple Questions to Install ETO 1.5

I have successfully installed ETO 1.5. (for me that is a major success story)

Before I ask my question I must say THANK YOU to the entire ETO team for all their hard work and the detail of the instructions.

Question1: When and why would I need to use CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ZX Zapper.exe?

Question2: In the ETO 1.5 package there are two zipped files: Global~1zip and Global~2zip. I can't find any instructions to use them. What should I be doing with these 2 files (if anything)?

Question3: I'm trying to get up the nerve to install the Ankor-Gecko ETO Update Shader Package (so many positives in the forum). I know I have Direct X 9 installed. But I think it may be 9b or 9c. Does it make a difference? And can anyone tell me where I can find out on my XP computer what version I have installed?

Thank you to anyone who can help provide an answer to my questions!

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by wichner View Post
    I have successfully installed ETO 1.5. (for me that is a major success story)

Before I ask my question I must say THANK YOU to the entire ETO team for all their hard work and the detail of the instructions.

Question1: When and why would I need to use CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ZX Zapper.exe?

Question2: In the ETO 1.5 package there are two zipped files: Global~1zip and Global~2zip. I can't find any instructions to use them. What should I be doing with these 2 files (if anything)?

Question3: I'm trying to get up the nerve to install the Ankor-Gecko ETO Update Shader Package (so many positives in the forum). I know I have Direct X 9 installed. But I think it may be 9b or 9c. Does it make a difference? And can anyone tell me where I can find out on my XP computer what version I have installed?

Thank you to anyone who can help provide an answer to my questions!
    Wichner,

1. ZXZapper.exe is only needed when changing Terrains or Terrains2 files.

2. Where are these located, as I don't see anything like that. It could be that the file pathway names are too long. Place the CFS3_ETO_Exp_Cumulative_Update_Rev_1.50_Install_Pa ck.zip on your desktop and extract it there. Then let me know what you see.

3. The Anko-Gecko ETO Update Package does not work in XP from what I have seen and have been told by others. It was made for Windows 7. I no longer have Windows XP, so I can't check this myself.

I hope this helps.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Sage Advice

Thank You Mr. Grizz. You were exactly right: my system truncated the 2 Global Layer file names (they were actually for the QC shipping options). All is good. Thanks!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0