The best,and most realistic Carrier ops for FSX

Thread: The best,and most realistic Carrier ops for FSX

The best,and most realistic Carrier ops for FSX

Hello,I am new to FSX,but I have played FS9 for years,but I am hoping you FSX veterans out there can give me some advice on all the cool,scenerys,gauges,effects,addons,and planes used for this task.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hello,I am new to FSX,but I have played FS9 for years,but I am hoping you FSX veterans out there can give me some advice on all the cool,scenerys,gauges,effects,addons,and planes used for this task.thanks
    Start with the trinity...

VRS Superbug, Tacpack and vLSO. Aerosoft F-14X is another one. For freeware definitely check out Dino's T-45, F-14D and S-3. Can't go wrong with those.

There are some really good Naval Air Station (NAS) scenery out there and some even work with vLSO. Oceana, Fentress for some FCLPs, Lemoore, Meridian.

Other than that, FSX doesn't need extra gauges and effects to make carrier ops happen like FS9. I recall the first time I did some traps in FSX with a moving boat... Still brings a smile to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by evvatc View Post
    Start with the trinity...

VRS Superbug, Tacpack and vLSO. Aerosoft F-14X is another one. For freeware definitely check out Dino's T-45, F-14D and S-3. Can't go wrong with those.

There are some really good Naval Air Station (NAS) scenery out there and some even work with vLSO. Oceana, Fentress for some FCLPs, Lemoore, Meridian.

Other than that, FSX doesn't need extra gauges and effects to make carrier ops happen like FS9. I recall the first time I did some traps in FSX with a moving boat... Still brings a smile to my face.
    How about Aicarriers2,and carrier tracks1,and2,Will those play nicely together?

Hi Phantom,

Many of us here would be glad to help you get started. There are a good number of both payware and freeware aircraft and ship models but to get started, I recommend getting the following freeware items: aicarriers2r2.zip(which can be found at Avsim) and the update to make that program run without the need for Java can be found at this link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=11293.0. This program will allow you to place any AI Carrier anywhere you wish and have it sitting stationary or moving(sailing) and you can change the heading of the ship or task groups in real time. The recommended ship models are numerous(and mostly freeware) but Javier's USS Nimitz/USS Eisenhower is a good start to learn with and as far as aircraft, again, there are many excellent freeware and payware choices which you can move into over time. I would recommend Dino's excellent freeware models like the F-14D, T-45C, S-3B, and F-35 pack(which includes the F-35C), the FSDreamteam F/A-18 pack, and yes, on the payware side of the fence the new Aerosoft F-14X and the VRS F/A-18E are top notch. I will provide some links here for the freeware starter items and then I would suggest studying through the documentation before installing (it is all fairly easy to get installed and running). Remember this, to get proficient with running Carrier Ops in FSX will take time and yes, there are some minor quirks with the way it all works which may throw curve balls at even the most experienced os us users sometimes. We'll do whatever we can to help you find your way through the process which when all works well, it is very fun & rewarding.

At Avsim(or a number of sites), look for: FSX Acceleration USS Nimitz and USS Eisenhower & aicarriers2r2.zip & http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=11293.0.

Dino's FSX Carrier Aircraft Models: http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

And the F/A-18C can be found here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...,6944.615.html

Take your time to obtain these items and digest the documentation and from there I'm sure we can get you up and running and then help prefect the learning curve (if needed).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Hi Phantom,

Many of us here would be glad to help you get started. There are a good number of both payware and freeware aircraft and ship models but to get started, I recommend getting the following freeware items: aicarriers2r2.zip(which can be found at Avsim) and the update to make that program run without the need for Java can be found at this link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=11293.0. This program will allow you to place any AI Carrier anywhere you wish and have it sitting stationary or moving(sailing) and you can change the heading of the ship or task groups in real time. The recommended ship models are numerous(and mostly freeware) but Javier's USS Nimitz/USS Eisenhower is a good start to learn with and as far as aircraft, again, there are many excellent freeware and payware choices which you can move into over time. I would recommend Dino's excellent freeware models like the F-14D, T-45C, S-3B, and F-35 pack(which includes the F-35C), the FSDreamteam F/A-18 pack, and yes, on the payware side of the fence the new Aerosoft F-14X and the VRS F/A-18E are top notch. I will provide some links here for the freeware starter items and then I would suggest studying through the documentation before installing (it is all fairly easy to get installed and running). Remember this, to get proficient with running Carrier Ops in FSX will take time and yes, there are some minor quirks with the way it all works which may throw curve balls at even the most experienced os us users sometimes. We'll do whatever we can to help you find your way through the process which when all works well, it is very fun & rewarding.

At Avsim(or a number of sites), look for: FSX Acceleration USS Nimitz and USS Eisenhower & aicarriers2r2.zip & http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=11293.0.

Dino's FSX Carrier Aircraft Models: http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

And the F/A-18C can be found here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...,6944.615.html

Take your time to obtain these items and digest the documentation and from there I'm sure we can get you up and running and then help prefect the learning curve (if needed).
    Thanks StormILM this a good start,but I have installed The FSDreamTeam net4 version of AIcarriers2,and it works so far,but I can't figure out how to put the proper path for the the AIcarriers.exe in the exe.xml so that it will auto start up when I fire up FSX my FSX install is in C:Flight Simulator X,and so is the AIcarriers folder,so how would I point to the path of my AIcarriers.exe? Would it be C:Flight Simulator X/aicarriers/aicarriers.exe?

Than there is teh Charles De gaull and some others at RFN some of the nicest freeware around, got some good plane as well + the RFN carrier gauge(Tacan)
    cant go past what they have.

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Navires.htm
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Thanks StormILM this a good start,but I have installed The FSDreamTeam net4 version of AIcarriers2,and it works so far,but I can't figure out how to put the proper path for the the AIcarriers.exe in the exe.xml so that it will auto start up when I fire up FSX my FSX install is in C:Flight Simulator X,and so is the AIcarriers folder,so how would I point to the path of my AIcarriers.exe? Would it be C:Flight Simulator X/aicarriers/aicarriers.exe?

No, the proper path in the exe.xml will be: <Path>C:\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</Path>

Once that has been set in the exe.xml it should be available when you start up FSX and you can verify this by checking the Task Manager to see if it is visible in the processes. Is it is, you should then be able to access the AICarrier controls via the FSX menu bar/addons.

Let me know if that works.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks mjrhealth,I still use the old fs9 carriers from RFN,but there new FSX carriers look incredible,and thanks again StormILS for all the help,and suggestions,and I will let you know if I can get aicarriers to start up when I activate FSX.

No, the proper path in the exe.xml will be:
    C:\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</path>

Once that has been set in the exe.xml it should be available when you start up FSX and you can verify this by checking the Task Manager to see if it is visible in the processes. Is it is, you should then be able to access the AICarrier controls via the FSX menu bar/addons.

Let me know if that works.
    HI StormILM the path you gave me still wont start aicarriers when I activate FSX.

Okay, question, look at the path you posted before, is your AICarriers folder inside your FSX folder by chance or do you have it on the C: drive(same as FSX)?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, question, look at the path you posted before, is your AICarriers folder inside your FSX folder by chance or do you have it on the C: drive(same as FSX)?
    I had it in the Flight Simulator X folder,but I moved to the C: drive,and it shows up in my task manager,but not in FSX,I have to pause FSX,and go to my task manager end process for AIcarriers,and go and execute AIcarriers again,any thoughts?

I think if I were you I would delete it and then reinstall, directing it into the Microsoft Games (not FSX) folder so it's near to where you want it to be. That's where mine is and it works fine from the Addons tab in FSX.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I have mine installed on the same drive as FSX but certainly not inside FSX. AICarriers has an insert in EXE.xml found in Drive:/Users/NAME/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX. If you've moved it, it's probably looking in the wrong place. I'd either check EXE.xml to make sure the current path is correct or re-install as Dave suggested You may want to try the new Simconnect version (if you're not already using it) instead of the old Java version too

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I have mine installed on the same drive as FSX but certainly not inside FSX. AICarriers has an insert in EXE.xml found in Drive:/Users/NAME/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX. If you've moved it, it's probably looking in the wrong place. I'd either check EXE.xml to make sure the current path is correct or re-install as Dave suggested You may want to try the new Simconnect version (if you're not already using it) instead of the old Java version too

ATB
    DaveB
    HI,I am seeing the AIcarrier in the task manager,so it is running and in the right path.,but it doesn't show up in the addons tab in FSX,maybe it's an adminastrative problem,thanks for the answers.

I've had this happen using the .net version with P3d. 90% of the time it works fine, but sometimes AICarriers is running, but not appearing in sim. Killing the process in task manager & running the exe manually get's it back (no need to restart the sim).

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I've had this happen using the .net version with P3d. 90% of the time it works fine, but sometimes AICarriers is running, but not appearing in sim. Killing the process in task manager & running the exe manually get's it back (no need to restart the sim).
    Thanks DaveWG,I think I am going to try an experiment later tonight,reinstall AIcarriers2 net4 version,and use administer permissions,I think this maybe the problem I suspect,but I will let you know.

Members who have read this thread: 1