O/T...only 3 left now...

Thread: O/T...only 3 left now...

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.

O/T...only 3 left now...

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Sad to see that there fewer and fewer with us now. These were very brave men,but when you think of it,there were a lot heroes in that self -sacrifice time in history. Just not the same caliber of people anymore . Respectfully saddened at the lost in so many WWII veterans in our life time .I remember times my Grandfather would go visit people Sunday after church and took me with him.I met several veterans of WW1 and WW2 lots of times and some, but not all ,would tell stories of the battles they fought. I listened and learned a lot about WW1 and WW2 that no school book ever came close to teaching.I have friends, that are college grads, that don't know who the Axis and Allies were in WWII,much less WWI !! Revisionist history is the thing now for education in the USA. Those who do not know history are bound to repeat it.

I was at the 59th reunion air show at Fresno, CA in 2001. The crowd around the raider's table was massive, so much so that I gave up trying to get a picture signed. They were causing quite a stir. I was glad to see that they were still getting the recognition that they deserved so many years after the war. The vivid images and sounds of twelve (originally 13 but one had mechanical trouble and remained on the ground) B-25's flying overhead in formation from that show will remain with me forever.

Sad news, all those guys had some serious balls to volunteer for that!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Members who have read this thread: 0