Apology to A2A

Thread: Apology to A2A

Apology to A2A

Hi,

Due to a serious error in judgment, I must take this moment to apologize to A2A for having infringed upon their IP. In saying that we would be doing a FG-1D for P3D 1.4 and that we would not be locking it out from FSX, we have caused some damage to their property.

Thank you for your attention.

Note: we will still be making the product but it will be for P3D V2 ONLY.

Thank you,

Kat.

SOH-CM-2023
    If I read your post correctly, you were planning on creating your own unique FG-1D Corsair model for P3D that would also work in FSX.

Quite frankly, I do not see any reason why you cannot do that if you so desire. It's called competition.

No one owns the development rights to the germane FG-1, ... nor the P-51, the B-25, etc., etc. They only own the copyright for THEIR OWN unique model of a particular aircraft.

Hi,

MV sold the license for FSX (and ONLY for FSX) to A2A.

Thank you

Kat

That's sad.I've seen multiple threads over at A2A stating there are no plans for an "accusimming" or update to the Corsair.And many are clamoring for one.
    Stan

With the Virtual Cockpit already looking so good... Maybe just take the time out for the exterior as well!

- J
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

Due to a serious error in judgment, I must take this moment to apologize to A2A for having infringed upon their IP. In saying that we would be doing a FG-1D for P3D 1.4 and that we would not be locking it out from FSX, we have caused some damage to their property.

Thank you for your attention.

Thank you,

Kat.
    ================================================== =======
    Well, you COULD develop the later F2G-1 "Super Corsair" using your models for both FSX and P3D, could you not ??

http://www.air-and-space.com/20111227%20Goodyear%20F2G.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F2G-1.jpg  

So Milviz has a unique license from the real aircraft manufacturer, that they sold the FSX rights to, for fsx?

First time I've EVER heard of that in FS development... ever.

Just making another version of the FG-1D doesn't count as IP violation... unless you use a component of theirs in the product...

Unless you've bought Milviz's model for it... *grabs popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

Thank you,

Kat.
    As a P3D user, that makes me a happy camper! That may sound selfish, but wasn't intended that way!

Dumonceau

I guess i'm just wondering why it's posted here and not at the A2A site or by private message/Email.....but whatever
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Let's just say that A2A doesn't like other products mentioned in their forums. Period. Freeware, Payware, DCS..doesn't matter. Scott will pull the posts, or move them to their 'Abyss'.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Let's just say that A2A doesn't like other products mentioned in their forums. Period. Freeware, Payware, DCS..doesn't matter. Scott will pull the posts, or move them to their 'Abyss'.

- Joseph
    That is absolute rubbish and an insult to A2A.

Insult maybe, rubbish no. Let's face it, it's a fierce business. They do all they can to capitalize on their niche market.

By the way the Abyss is only accessible by forum mods. They hoot and holler over posts in there.. At least that's what Dudley says.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abyss.jpg  
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post

- Joseph
    This doesn't match my experience. I've had extensive conversations there about, for example, Manfred's C-47, and never had any of them pulled or moved.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

In this thread Kat made a public apology to A2A which seems reasonable and in the eyes of Milviz something they wanted to do. There has been discussion about the need to do that and Kat has explained the reasons.

What I don't want to see here is any bashing of A2A or any other developer or their policies. Please keep your comments about the original topic.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

This is ridicolous in my opinion. There is 3 publishers who made the Boeing 737, 3 publishers who made the Boeing 747... Simply, there cannot legally be any restrictions on who makes what aircraft.

Exactly. And Stovall, it does relate to the original thread. The original model was sold to A2A/Aircraft Factory, true. But for them to lord that right over Milviz, and say that Milviz cannot produce another Corsair...? That..is rubbish.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Well no but the problem here is that Milviz made the model and sold the FSX rights to A2A. You can't sell someone something then take it back when you feel like it. They can however make a new model (or I guess modify the existing model) for use in another sim as they didn't sell the rights for anything other than FSX.. as I understand it. Fair play

ATB
    DaveB

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    DaveB is correct. It is a matter of it being a contractual thing of the model being made for them to use in FSX. I was actually the one who has been plucking Colin's brain on doing a FG-1D for awhile as I too thought that might be a way around it. That was obviously wrong. Just means I am finally going to have to pony up and get P3D I think.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

From what Kat said, it sounds like they couldn't even do an F2G... And that would be an entire new model.. Unless I'm missing something?

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    DaveB is correct. It is a matter of it being a contractual thing of the model being made for them to use in FSX. I was actually the one who has been plucking Colin's brain on doing a FG-1D for awhile as I too thought that might be a way around it. That was obviously wrong. Just means I am finally going to have to pony up and get P3D I think.
    You'll never look back once Tacpack is available later this year Steve. I've been flying v2.4 and I'm not experiencing most of the problems other report. It going to be fantastic and I beleive v2.5 will solve many issues hopefully. At any rate P3D is.backed by an aerospace defense giant and IMHO is THE platform for the future. I just did my first IFR flight in it Beale to Nellis in the MV T-38A. And wow! the visuals were.incredible! The flight experience was the closest I've had to resembling a real life flight I've had this far in a sim (Other than the 787 sim I flew a few years back)
    Last edited by Mach3DS; February 1st, 2015 at 14:13.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 2