P3D and modern jets

Thread: P3D and modern jets

P3D and modern jets

I got back to P3D near 1,5 month ago. Im very surprised very good and stable FPS, no OOMs ect. P3D works for me very, very well in v.2.4....

...till yesterday.

I was flying till now only prop aircraft/copters. Yesterday I checked jets - F-22, F-35 and T-45 and in P3D it was a disaster. Half fps and big stuttering. Does P3D has a problem with modern jets with HUD and MFDs? It looks like performance problem with modern jets.

Did You notice the same problem?

This performance negates for me using in the future TacPack too for P3D. It looks like P3D is fantastic for prop/VFR/IFR but classic planes only :/ .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I didn't have any problems with "old" jets, but I haven't tried a "modern" jet recently... I'm downloading Dino's Tomcat right now. If I have time, I will make a test flight and let you know the results.

Blog Entries
    No YoYo, I don't have a problem with jets, although I don't currently have P3D installed because I've just performed a re-format and there seems little point in re-installing v2.4 when I'd have to un install it to upgrade to v2.5 when it's released.

I'm currently using FSX-SE which is great, and well worth the £5 I paid for it. On my old system (i7 920, GTX580 & 12GB ram) I was seeing frame rates jumping between 70 & 160 flying the SibWings Saab Safir over rural France (Orbx Global, Vector & open LC Europe) it's quite stunning, I don't know what they've done to it!

Ian

I am enjoying immensely the M2M Mirage 2000 in P3D with great frame rates. It seems to be a very well optimized model. When I try the Aerosoft F-14 my FPS are hit to half, but then again, my system is old and I would expect that. In FSX I get worse performance for both. I have a new 970GTX which helps a lot in P3D but not in FSX as my processor is still old.

Recently I had a drop in FPS, but that was alleviated by running the FTX Vector Configurator. I did notice however that FTX in general causes a loss in performance.

But on average I experience FPS in the 50's with all sorts of airplanes! (I don't do helo's)

Dumonceau

Members who have read this thread: 0