Flight Sim 9 to CFS3?

Thread: Flight Sim 9 to CFS3?

Flight Sim 9 to CFS3?

Looking through some old folders on my hard drive last night, I discovered that I have, sometime in the past year, downloaded a Flight Sim 9 model of a WWI Lohner Type M seaplane. Can it be imported into CFS3 so I can fly it in "Wings Over Flanders Fields"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LOHNER.jpg  
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

If what you've downloaded is a Gmax source file then it's a fairly straightforward job. If it's a model compiled and ready to fly in FS9 (which I suspect) then it's possible, but almost as much work as building a model from scratch.

You must ask permission of the author and if it's a compiled model ask if you can have the Gmax source file. Some modellers are very generous that way. One of our CFS3 modellers has quite a catalogue of aircraft originally modelled by others which he has adapted for CFS3 and released.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

where can that model be found. I don't remember seeing it before. I'd love to have it in CFS2 as well.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    If what you've downloaded is a Gmax source file then it's a fairly straightforward job. If it's a model compiled and ready to fly in FS9 (which I suspect) then it's possible, but almost as much work as building a model from scratch.

You must ask permission of the author and if it's a compiled model ask if you can have the Gmax source file. Some modellers are very generous that way. One of our CFS3 modellers has quite a catalogue of aircraft originally modelled by others which he has adapted for CFS3 and released.
    Put a * by the bold print. IF the polygon count is low than it is not too much work but if it is like most FS04 models your .
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

CFS3 can handle more polys than CFS2 - more than FS9 in fact - so the models of yesteryear look a bit clunky next to what has been done. My own Tempest has over 20K polys in the VC alone and the Bf109E for the MAW expansion lots more.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0