Annoyed by the don't sink or terrain callouts

Thread: Annoyed by the don't sink or terrain callouts

Annoyed by the don't sink or terrain callouts

Solution

Ultimate method for GPWS control -

Open up the settings -> controls -> buttons menu in FSX.

Select 'systems' in the event category drop down

Find an assignment called 'GPWS(Toggle)'

Assign a key to this and you'll be able to silence the GPWS system at will.

In trying to find a key for this, I assigned SHIFT + W

It works!!!

Also a video on how to do this.

From my early FS9 days I quickly found that those warnings would have to go. Unless I'm in thick weather and not sure if I'm upside down or rightside up I'm usually aware of the fact that I'm overspeeding or about to fly headlong into a mountain. If I'm in a chopper. . .the constant pull-up, pull-up, pull up was enough to make me want to grab whoever that was by the throat and silence them once and for all. My rememdy, which has been repeated several times since FS9. . .find every instance of a warning in the sound folder. . .hilite it and hit delete. . .ahhhh the sweet sound of silence.

Or edit the aircraft.cfg. Find the [gpws] section and change the "max_warning_height" to -1.

Thanks grey eagle for the tip and video.Appreciated.

Anthin.

I believe you can also delete that wave file.

I just used a strip of duct tape.

The GPWS has saved my virtual life at least once when I was flying the Majestic Dash 8Q400

I forgot to press the altitude select button so the plane continued to descent below the setted altitude of 3000ft. As I was busy with programming the approach into the FMC I didn't noticed it until the "Terrain Terrain" warning sounded at 1500ft. So I was quite happy to have that system

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

And I thought .... It said .... DON'T THINK- DON'T THINK- DON'T THINK .... Well that's OK , that is exactly what I'm doing .... relaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    And I thought .... It said .... DON'T THINK- DON'T THINK- DON'T THINK .... Well that's OK , that is exactly what I'm doing .... relaxing
    The running joke we use is "PULL OUT, PULL OUT"!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0