Ok, i'm stumped...

Thread: Ok, i'm stumped...

Icon9 Ok, i'm stumped...

When the advanced info map stops popping up those little airbase name balloons when the mouse cursor is placed on the base markers, how do we restore that? I always thought this was a nifty little tool for free-flight pop-up navigation when you don't have a hard-copy map in your lap and you want to fly from one point to another without exiting the sim to get a fix on point B.

I remember a thread discussion we all had here some while in the past where we discussed the solution to recovering this feature which seems to work in a clean install, but sometimes stops working in fully customized setups with lots of scenery addons and a large airbase.dat file. As i recall, the main topic of the thread was not about this particular problem, but some other. This came up later in the conversation flow. And as i also recall, this problem (and the solution which i can't remember) wasn't specific to any operating system...just one of those gremlins that can show up anywhere regardless of the user's OS platform.

Any clues?

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Question Reply...

Bearcat241,

I just sent you a PM on this. I could not reproduce your issue. Moving the cursor over the airfield.dat marker for a given base displays the name. The only thing which comes to mind is that possibly, your airbase.dat file may be out of sequence or have gaps. Aside from that, I too, am stumped.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks for looking into it......i solved it on a previous occasion some time ago with that old tip, but lost the tip.

Sorry didn,t catch that thread ,, just a guess Index_File ??

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Unhappy Damn'.....

Shoot, BC!

This time I can't help you because I never had such problem and I do not remember a discussion about it. Usually, I am good at catching interesting tech threads and save them to my personal CFS2 user's manual. It grew to a three large ring binder books!!

I hope someone will be able to dig out that thread, I'll save it immediately.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Hi BC!

Did you come up with a solution?

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Unhappy

Still working on it...

Checking the archives , came across a post of Taloes , In which airfields not showing , and Jagd , replyed , that the airfields may be out side the boundary of opareas text file , suggested no more than 5 degrees = 345 miles , 300 nauticle miles ,, just tossen that at ya !

Thanks Sarg. This might help if a few were not working, but i can't apply it if every single base throughout the entire install fails to ID.

Hi BC,

I do not remember the thread you are referring to but, whenever I have a CDT my free flight gets nutty also.

The remedy that works for me is to navigate to the PILOTS folder and delete or back-up,

Previous flight.FLT

Previous flight.WX

Do not start CFS2 yet, go to CFS2 .cfg back-up, and delete the section of [Free Flight] down to the next bracketed header.

All of the items will be rebuilt the next time the sim is started.
    Doing this has never damaged any of my installs, if it is not the culprit.

Dave

Howdy BC , How,s about screen resolution , as in sometimes fue bars the the mission builder , I,ll bet your running the latest and best eye candy ,,??

Sorry Dave, i haven't checked this thread since my last post. Thanks for the tip, but that's not the problem.

Sarg, screen resolution isn't it either...i'm thinking along the lines that Rami mentioned with the airbases.dat. At some point i'll make the time to comb through it thoroughly .

CheerZ guys

Members who have read this thread: 0