freeware hawaiian airports #2 available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: freeware hawaiian airports #2 available

freeware hawaiian airports #2 available

George Keogh's follow up to his outstanding hawaiian airports #1 is available.

this time naval airfields are also included:

PHJR John Rodgers Field
    PHBK Barking Sands
    NPS Ford Island
    PHNG Kaneohe Bay

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...root&Go=Search

seriously, payware quality.

Installed it a couple of days ago. You are correct. Payware quality.

Excellent! I've known that this was in-progress for a while now. Glad to see it!

FYI...there will be a Part 3....

Anyone (else?) find the runway is above you when starting at PHBK - Barking Sands? The runway appears at 20' and the default is at 14'.That's OK, if you supply the necessary files, but there aren't the necessary files in the zip.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Excellent! I've known that this was in-progress for a while now. Glad to see it!

FYI...there will be a Part 3....
    Wow, That is good news, Wonder what areas pt 3 will cover?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Wow, That is good news, Wonder what areas pt 3 will cover?
    Upolu
    Waimea-Kohala
    Port Allen
    Princeville

Not sure when the author will be done though, but I don't believe it'll be a long wait.
    Once those are complete, between his airports, Aerosoft's Dillingham, and the five FSDreamteam airports, Hawaii is pretty much done except for Wheeler and Bradshaw AAF, and a few grass ranch strips which may not even exist anymore.

If anyone has mesh issues, I believe (but am not certain) that the author started building Part 2 on hawai10_2.zip mesh. (Not on Part 1, so I noticed you may have problems with Part 1's Kapalua and Kaluapapa airports if you install the mesh.)

Pay ware is correct but Something odd
    I do ha megascenery Oahu installed? maybe new scenery it does not like it

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-1-29_20-3-6-292.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    Anyone (else?) find the runway is above you when starting at PHBK - Barking Sands? The runway appears at 20' and the default is at 14'.That's OK, if you supply the necessary files, but there aren't the necessary files in the zip.
    yes, i had the same problem. i adjusted the airport altitude with ade.

place the attached file in the scenery folder, rename PHBK_ADEX_GK.bgl as PHBK_ADEX_GK.backup.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm sitting here thinking "Oh no, what a dumba$$ I am".

Here's why... The very first scenery work I ever did was to correct the location of PHJR in FS9, as the default location is incorrect. Side note: It's not a MS error, but a Jeppesen error as pulling a PDF off the web will show they have the airport in the wrong spot. I also made the correction for FSX right after it's release. So Hawaiian Airports 2 gets released and I throw all my Hawaii related stuff back into FSX and go check things out. Included was a quick trip to PHJR where it never dawned on me that the airport is sitting in the default spot and would be misplaced with Mega Scenery and vector based payware releases.

I'll drop George (the developer) a note and see if he wants to work with any of my files? I also have some revised mesh for the Hawaiian Islands that does not have any of the plateauing effects seen with other mesh, so I'll see if George would want to work with that as well. Makes places like Lihue or Princeville or many spots on the Big Island look a little better.

If anyone wants to check the mesh out, LMK and I'll find a spot to upload it to for a short while.

And Thanks, kdfw. I just wasn't sure if it was just me or if some files went astray from George's upload. I'll let him know and see if he wants to release a fix or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    I'm sitting here thinking "Oh no, what a dumba$$ I am".

Here's why... The very first scenery work I ever did was to correct the location of PHJR in FS9, as the default location is incorrect. Side note: It's not a MS error, but a Jeppesen error as pulling a PDF off the web will show they have the airport in the wrong spot. I also made the correction for FSX right after it's release. So Hawaiian Airports 2 gets released and I throw all my Hawaii related stuff back into FSX and go check things out. Included was a quick trip to PHJR where it never dawned on me that the airport is sitting in the default spot and would be misplaced with Mega Scenery and vector based payware releases.

I'll drop George (the developer) a note and see if he wants to work with any of my files? I also have some revised mesh for the Hawaiian Islands that does not have any of the plateauing effects seen with other mesh, so I'll see if George would want to work with that as well. Makes places like Lihue or Princeville or many spots on the Big Island look a little better.

If anyone wants to check the mesh out, LMK and I'll find a spot to upload it to for a short while.

And Thanks, kdfw. I just wasn't sure if it was just me or if some files went astray from George's upload. I'll let him know and see if he wants to release a fix or what.

I'm interested in the mesh. How does it look at places like Kapalua-West Maui?

Ooooo .... that dose sound great .. Thank you George , obviously missed pack number 1 , I to have the Mega scenery Hawaii and do believe there are other freeware photo real for the other Islands in the chain ... having great airports ... superb!

I all agree: Payware quality for free!!!

DX10+ORBX FTX Global compatible ?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    DX10+ORBX FTX Global compatible ?
    Mike, FTX Global without any problems, that addon just converts the AGN and textures making it look prettier

Thank you,Ian.
    Will dl now.
    Mike

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    And it fits into P3D V2.4 with FTX Global perfectly.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Beautiful thanks for the heads up, will fit into my current RTW FSX:SE adventure nicely. Now to plan how to best get from Tonga to Hawaii

Many thanks to George Keogh for this excellent scenery . A lot of talent and hard work went into this . Can't wait until future additions are released . Hope Wheeler is included some day . May the " Pink Palace " near Wheeler too ! LOL . A few pics just driving around Ford Island .
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

I am having a problem with the AI. I don't have any! If your AI is working, please explain how you did it, and what you have your settings set to. I am running UT2, and I hope that isn't the problem. Thanks for any input!! The scenery itself is GREAT!!!!!!! Payware for sure!!

BP

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    I am having a problem with the AI. I don't have any! If your AI is working, please explain how you did it, and what you have your settings set to. I am running UT2, and I hope that isn't the problem. Thanks for any input!! The scenery itself is GREAT!!!!!!! Payware for sure!!

BP
    Not quite sure what you've tried since your post lacks specificity, but...

1. The included AI bgl files are in "FSX format" as opposed to the perhaps more common FS9 (FS2004) AI format. I have converted all of my existing AI (including WOAI traffic) to FSX format. You can't mix traffic formats.
    2. I copied the included bgl files into my scenery/world/scenery folder in FSX.

I placed them where you have yours and no joy. I wonder if UT2 is in FS9 format, which according to you, would lock these out. Any knowledge about that? This should be very easy! LOL! I hate these problems, because they are usually so easy to fix, but it drives you nuts finding the fix! Thanks!!

Don

I placed them where you have yours and no joy. I wonder if UT2 is in FS9 format, which according to you, would lock these out.
    Exactly the same issues here + now having problem with other AI add on showing up ..
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    yes, i had the same problem. i adjusted the airport altitude with ade.

place the attached file in the scenery folder, rename PHBK_ADEX_GK.bgl as PHBK_ADEX_GK.backup.
    Did the change and added PHBK_ADEX_PK.bgl and still have the elevation issue .
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

I have a ghost problem also at that airport as well.

Don

Members who have read this thread: 2