freeware hawaiian airports #2 available - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: freeware hawaiian airports #2 available

Here is what's called, a "stub" file for Barking Sands - PHBK that I got from the developer. It should (?) fix any of the ghosting around the runway and aprons.

[begin rant mode]

For some reason, people think the easiest and quickest way to solve terrain problems is by changing an elevation. There's a certain payware product that seems to want to change every other airport's elevation on the planet and you see the forums of the world peppered with people asking "Where'd my runway go?"

Barking Sands had/has no reason to be changed from it's default elevation, but the developer did it anyway. Such is life, on a "Super Bowl Sunday..."

[/end rant mode]

Attachment 19049

Thanks, meshman. I was able to get rid of the ghosting. My concern now is the AI. I would LOVE to see that working. I have a feeling it has something to do with UT2.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Thanks, meshman. I was able to get rid of the ghosting. My concern now is the AI. I would LOVE to see that working. I have a feeling it has something to do with UT2.

Don
    You can convert your UT2 traffic to FSX format with the following:
    http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=AIFP

I already had all of my traffic (WOAI and some custom packages) converted to FSX format, and the files includes in this Hawaiian airports packaged worked with no issues (after moving them to scenery/world/scenery).

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    Here is what's called, a "stub" file for Barking Sands - PHBK that I got from the developer. It should (?) fix any of the ghosting around the runway and aprons.
    Quoting myself???

Realized that I forgot to mention that the file above should be placed in the \Scenery\World\scenery folder.

The scenery is first rate and the AI works a charm, thanks George Keogh, and thanks for the fix Meshman, it dose it's job just fine. Been in the circuit at PHBK with F-16s all afternoon!

Looking forward to #3!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Over The Big Island

Hawaii Photoreal Vol 3 FSX & P3D

FSX/P3D Hawaii photoreal scenery

Can you recommend this sceneries?
    Mike

Although the files are huge, I can recommend them all.
    I can now explore the detail of the islands especially the details of the mountains and farm lands.
    The airports are really good too.

Thank you.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Many thanks to George Keogh for this excellent scenery . A lot of talent and hard work went into this . Can't wait until future additions are released . Hope Wheeler is included some day . May the " Pink Palace " near Wheeler too ! LOL . A few pics just driving around Ford Island .
    Speaking of which, 2-6 Cav "Lightning Horse" deployed from Wheeler last week to ROK and I guess is the last operational deployment of the Kiowa Warrior for the Army. When complete those aircraft will return to CONUS for disposal/layup.

scott s.

A little confused with some of the reported issues. If I install this into my vanilla FSX Steam install I should be all good right regarding these elevation settings?

cheers,
    Lewis

No, Steam will vaporize any problems...

Install it and go to PHBK-Barking Sands. Start on the runway or a parking spot. If you see the runway/apron at eye level, then you need the elevation correction file.

And then we can all sit and wonder why these developers change elevations more than they change their underwear!!!

Charter Member 2016
    Not understanding how we can complain about airport plateaus and then complain when fixing that issue requires adjusting things to fit the reality of the terrain better...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Files missing

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    I'm sitting here thinking "Oh no, what a dumba$$ I am".

Here's why... The very first scenery work I ever did was ...

I'll drop George (the developer) a note ... I'll let him know and see if he wants to release a fix or what.
    His files 1 & 2 on Avsim's library are reporting errors

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.ph...tp&DLID=188459.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
    Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

#3 downloads fine

Could you check with him about that, or has he gone payware?

Thanks,

Chas

Same problem here using Google Chrome

V1 and V2 not found and V3 will download.

Same with Firefox, clicking on "download" sends me to the download page but nothing happens. No error or missing file messages.
    Neal h

Does anyone know if these 3 packages can be found somewhere else?

Has anyone tried emailing both Avsim and Mr. Keogh to report the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    Does anyone know if these 3 packages can be found somewhere else?
    Hi! with the permission of the author, now it is available here:

http://flight-sim-jewels.com/hawaiia...-george-keogh/

AveMetal. Only one post, and you are already a star.
    Downloading.

Members who have read this thread: 2