Bad news for me.

Thread: Bad news for me.

Icon9 Bad news for me.

Unfortunately a lightning struck 30 meters from my house. My computer is dead. 99% have backed but I worry for the reinstallation of gmax and all their plugins
    Please wish me luck.
    Mario
    Last edited by misson; January 28th, 2015 at 18:02.

Sorry to hear this Mario. I always worry
    about thunderstorms and my computer.

I wish you sincere good luck and hope
    everything turns out ok.

Regards Anthin.

Wish you luck. You should be able to drop the gmax folder into you PC from the backups just fine all you need to do is put the reg key in and you back up and working.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Good luck, Mario!

Best of luck to you for recovering your pc fully!

Every time my pc hiccups I have the fits, because I have been tampering with my CFS2 for 13 years now! I use two external HDDs to make two exact copies of everything I have, from all the original downloads to a full, up-to-date install of CFS2. I just did one full backup last night.

I live in an area prone to lightning bolts, especially during summertime. l have double surge suppressants and a UPS, but I do not trust them fully, they are there just in case I am caught out of my house. As soon as weather forecast calls for possible thunderstorms, I take the time to unplug everything from the wall sockets, starting from the pc power chord and ranging from TV+DVD recorder+satellite decoder to my stereo, including the telephone line. Any possible gizmo that has electronic circuits and it's not battery powered!

In the past, I lost the motherboard of my house gas heating control system and an internal pc modem to lightnings!

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Oh Mario!

Do you have another computer to reload your projects to?

Icon22

Hello friends! Well after spending U$D250 changed the motherboard, power suply (550watts reals) and 4gb RAM. Still a dualcore, but with 3.2GB of RAM usable.
    I could spend a little more and have a I5 but I refuse to reinstall all programs and run them on virtualbox 32bit. Luckily for the hard drive with win7 was not damaged.
    It's just a dualcore but more than enough for CFS2 and other related programs.
    For me is a good ending.
    Thank you all.
    Cheers
    Mario

Members who have read this thread: 0