Everybody needs 5 of these per computer

Thread: Everybody needs 5 of these per computer

Retired SOH Administrator
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

That's the kind of space where you'll hear an echo every time it writes to the harddive ! :mixedsmi: How many MP3's will that hold??

The PC is starting to catch up with mainframe storage sizes these days....

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks for the heads up Moe!

I hope prices come down soon. $150.00 to $200 I think would be a good price for one. I wish I could have had one to put in my iMac. Would have been nice... Timing.. arrghh..

I wonder if they have a 1TB laptop drive yet? Does that exist? (off to NewEgg.com to find out).

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Happiness Consultant
    I'll be looking forward to the package then Mike!

Thanks for buying them for me!! :woot:
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Blog Entries
    by the time you get through defraging, it time to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post

:costumes:

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    It should only take about 3 days to defrag one of those babies. Maybe the same to run your Antivirus and Spyware too. Echo Echo Echo. :costumes:
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

By the time I could fill up that much hard drive space, HDs will be darn near discontinued and SSDs will be mainstream!

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    That's the kind of space where you'll hear an echo every time it writes to the harddive ! :mixedsmi: How many MP3's will that hold??

The PC is starting to catch up with mainframe storage sizes these days....
    with that kind of storage available i would step away from mp3 files and go back to regular wave files. mp3 files clip the high and low end of the sound, and the quality isn't as good. if storage space is no longer an issue, the mp3 would get the axe on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    with that kind of storage available i would step away from mp3 files and go back to regular wave files. mp3 files clip the high and low end of the sound, and the quality isn't as good. if storage space is no longer an issue, the mp3 would get the axe on my computer.
    Yep.. and I could do all my photo work in RAW files instead of any compressed format.

Actually I still don't get the huge drive theory... what do you back up a 2Tb drive to?? Oh yeah.. another 2 Tb drive... and then the defrag. That's after the 2-day format... and then one fries and you have to... argh... next we'll have to hire a 'home server manager' .. but wait.. wonder if there are any cute blonde female server techs... hmmm maybe this DOES have some merit after all.

Just because they can make it doesn't mean people need to buy it...

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Retired SOH Administrator
    I think it should come with it's own processor and memory to speed things up when ya format and defrag.:woot:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro