Kaman HH-43 Skins

Thread: Kaman HH-43 Skins

Kaman HH-43 Skins

I just uploaded a six pack of skins for Paul Dee's Kaman HH-43F Huskie. It includes Air Force HH-43s in shiny natural metal, natural metal with arctic high visibility colors, and in Aircraft Gray (also known as "ADC Gray" or "Dorsey Gray." There is a Navy HUK-1 in overall Dark Sea Blue, and two Marine HOK-1s, one in Dark Sea Blue and one in Olive Drab.

The natural metal one is probably a bit too shiny (depending on your video card and what enviro.bmp file you're using) but I wanted to make it look different from Paul's original paint, which looks to me a lot like the silver paint finish that the Air Force's HH-43 fleet wore for a while in between the natural metal and Aircraft Gray periods. Now if someone who likes camouflage will paint us a skin in the Southeast Asia lizard scheme we'll have pretty much the whole set. (I'm not good at camo, and I never liked the lizard scheme anyway, so I'm not going to attempt it.)

When I installed the aircraft I couldn't get he engine started (except by starting another aircraft and then switching planes - effective but not very immersive) so for those who might be having the same problem, I've included a fix for that. (All I had to do was add a starter to the 2D panel.)

Here's the natural metal one with arctic markings and
    the Navy bird:

Very nice Mick.Some great repaints for this fun bird.

Really lovely Mick. There is just something so intriguing about the Huskie, such a fun little aircraft.
    Andy

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I just uploaded a six pack of skins for Paul Dee's Kaman HH-43F Huskie. It includes Air Force HH-43s in shiny natural metal, natural metal with arctic high visibility colors, and in Aircraft Gray (also known as "ADC Gray" or "Dorsey Gray." There is a Navy HUK-1 in overall Dark Sea Blue, and two Marine HOK-1s, one in Dark Sea Blue and one in Olive Drab.

The natural metal one is probably a bit too shiny (depending on your video card and what enviro.bmp file you're using) but I wanted to make it look different from Paul's original paint, which looks to me a lot like the silver paint finish that the Air Force's HH-43 fleet wore for a while in between the natural metal and Aircraft Gray periods. Now if someone who likes camouflage will paint us a skin in the Southeast Asia lizard scheme we'll have pretty much the whole set. (I'm not good at camo, and I never liked the lizard scheme anyway, so I'm not going to attempt it.)

When I installed the aircraft I couldn't get he engine started (except by starting another aircraft and then switching planes - effective but not very immersive) so for those who might be having the same problem, I've included a fix for that. (All I had to do was add a starter to the 2D panel.)

Here's the natural metal one with arctic markings and
    the Navy bird:
    Mick; I'm not much of a hoverflier but that's some really nice paint, Sir!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Was the Huskie ever used as a carrier plane guards?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I don't think so. My Dad used to ride on them when he was an Air Force fire fighter.

Can't find a link to download the Helicopter btw...anyone have one?
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    Can't find a link to download the Helicopter btw...anyone have one?
    Original thread is here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post910391
    link is in first post

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Well, two of the photos I found of Navy Dark Sea Blue HUK-1s shows one hoisting a downed pilot out of the water, then a different one landing on a carrier.

Members who have read this thread: 1