Israeli airbase's from me

Thread: Israeli airbase's from me

Israeli airbase's from me

Ive been stuck indoors this weekend with a cold and flying Zolt's lovely repaints for the new Restauravia Mirage IIIC, thanks Zoltz
    so i thought i'd dig out some old scenery i made up for FS9 and see how it work'd in FSX, it needed to be tweak'd a little but
    looks ok so i figured i'd share-----

will need these ai aircraft loaded in your sim---

1, "mpai_mirage_iiicj_idf_traffic.zip" you'll need update also---

2, "mpai_mirage_iiic_update_11262012.zip"

3, "nmai_a4_idf.zip" all by Mike Pearson

4, "ai_f-4e_idf.zip" BY Mark Walsh

all from Avsim and works no probs in FSX

Ive plunder'd John Stinstrom's object librarys so you'll need his

ggse_v4.zip
    jgse_v4.zip
    mao_js.zip
    cargo_mil_js.zip

you've probably got most of these installed anyway from other scenery's and MAIW package's. the
    cargo zip is quite important as thats where the aircraft shelters come from

This is very simple scenery, just Afcads and a few objects to add atmosphere and
    is no-way intended to be an accurate representation of the time or region, i just wanted to
    get flying with some of the great retro ai packages becoming available.

Airfields included-----

1, Tel Nov LLEK
    2, Hatzor LLHS
    3, Ramat David LLRD

oops, forgot the screenies-----

I have always been intrigued by why the Israelis painted big yellow and black triangles on the wing and tail surfaces of a camouflaged aircraft?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I have always been intrigued by why the Israelis painted big yellow and black triangles on the wing and tail surfaces of a camouflaged aircraft?!?
    A bit before the 1973 war, Egypt were getting their own Mirages, so to prevent friendly shoot downs, the black/yellow were introduced as identification markings.

Cheers,
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Probably to not waste all too much time chasing after the next best Fishbed-alike aircraft during a heated air battle. And to remind AAA batteries that not every delta-winged aircraft is egyptian.

Members who have read this thread: 0