1953 Hynting Percival Pembroke for sale

Thread: 1953 Hynting Percival Pembroke for sale

Blog Entries

1953 Hynting Percival Pembroke for sale

Found this on ebay.....
    would be nice to see it restored to flight.....
    Like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Hunting...otors_Aircraft
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Can't be many around now. There are only two airworthy examples in the UK (probably the world) and I was very fortunate to be able to fly P2 in one last year. Very interesting aeroplane indeed.

During the Cold War when No.60 Squadron RAF were flying communication flights to Berlin, the RAF fitted cameras into the lower fuselage to take clandestine photos of East Germany. Poor man's U2!

All photos here were taken of my flight. Pembroke was my fourth Percival design encountered. The others being Proctor, Prentice and Provost. At a stretch I suppose you could add the Jet Provost!

Thanks,

Martin

I think it was that airframe I had the good fortune to blag my way inside at Coventry some years ago. Despite the flightdeck looking 'roomy' from the outside.. I was surprised at how small it is 'inside'. Holding the P1's control column.. the knuckles on my left hand were almost touching the bulkhead!! A good enough reason to wear flying gloves! Always had a soft spot for the Pembroke.. it has a quite unique sound too

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I think it was that airframe I had the good fortune to blag my way inside at Coventry some years ago. Despite the flightdeck looking 'roomy' from the outside.. I was surprised at how small it is 'inside'. Holding the P1's control column.. the knuckles on my left hand were almost touching the bulkhead!! A good enough reason to wear flying gloves! Always had a soft spot for the Pembroke.. it has a quite unique sound too

ATB
    DaveB
    Problem I had was that as I'm rather tall, I had to have the rudder pedals almost to their rear most stops before I could get in. Very small cockpit, akin to that of the Beech 18 and the Devon, both experienced in the past.

Martin

Indeed.. I'm a 6-footer so I know what you mean! Looking back through my phots.. the example I went in was G-BXES so wasn't the one you've flown in.. I think

ATB
    DaveB

Indeed.. I'm a 6-footer so I know what you mean! Looking back through my phots.. the example I went in was G-BXES so wasn't the one you've flown in.. I think

ATB
    DaveB
    Mine was G-BNPH which is based at St. Athan. BXES is being restored to flying condition as we speak with the Classic Air Force at Coventry.

Martin

Blog Entries
    Yeah but what a steal, if it sells for around 2 grand......

If I bought it.. I'd not live long enough to enjoy it after SWMBO found out

ATB
    DaveB

If I bought it.. I'd not live long enough to enjoy it after SWMBO found out

ATB
    DaveB
    Funny, I didnt think my bride made it to that side of the pond!

Was hoping this would be about an FSX model, since this is posted in the FSX forum....

Anyway...I know there is a former Belgian Air Force Pembroke at Anoka County airport in Minnesota.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Perci...274fa21f44bb4d

Blog Entries
    It's sad to thnk that someone would do some of the things to the plane that he suggests could be done the the plane......

Members who have read this thread: 0