TBM-3W Avenger by A.F. Scrub

Thread: TBM-3W Avenger by A.F. Scrub

TBM-3W Avenger by A.F. Scrub

If you're interested in early Cold War tailhook planes, may I suggest A.F. Scrub's TBM-3W Avenger at Flightsim.com. It had a tendency to nose over on carrier landings so I moved the main gear contact points two feet forward and copied the tailhook and launch assist fields from the Vertigo Avenger into the .cfg file. Lands just fine now.
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=184097

Off to download now and thanks for the HU. Look forward to this, as used to ground crew on a UK based TBM-3R Avenger, having a number of rides in her over the years. I'm not very good with heights (ladders, outside staircases etc) and the worst thing for me when flying in her was getting in, as was rather too tall to go in through the rear door and therefore had to climb up onto the wing. Was a long way down and far too high for my liking. Bomb bay door made a good boot rest!

Now based in Switzerland and re-equipped with a turret as it had when it rolled out of the factory in 1945.

Thats me and the owner Anthony Haig-Thomas over the Thames Estuary, having our photo taken for an aviation calendar. Think I became Mr July one year!

Thanks,

Martin

I've got this installed as I like the lesser known carrier based aircraft. Is anyone up for making an AJ Savage?

Is anyone up for making an AJ Savage?
    Or an AEW Skyraider?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

There is an AEW1 Skyraider in one of the Razbam packages. It comes in a Royal Navy Suez stripes scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post

Thats me and the owner Anthony Haig-Thomas over the Thames Estuary, having our photo taken for an aviation calendar. Think I became Mr July one year!

Thanks,

Martin
    A pilot and a pinup? You're a man of many talents Martin!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

There is an AEW1 Skyraider in one of the Razbam packages. It comes in a Royal Navy Suez stripes scheme.
    Thank you.

A FS9/FSX-quality AJ Savage would be a nice addition to the Cold War tailhook planes. Preferably including the AJ-2P with the "Mickey Mouse" camera nose.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    A FS9/FSX-quality AJ Savage would be a nice addition to the Cold War tailhook planes. Preferably including the AJ-2P with the "Mickey Mouse" camera nose.
    The AJ Savage and an FJ4 Fury are the only missing Cold War Era carrier aircraft missing from FSX if my memory is working.

And for those who like that sort of thing an AJ Savage water bomber would be nice.

The mixed propulsion would be a bit problematic to model.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The mixed propulsion would be a bit problematic to model.
    The Martin Mercator by David Wooster works very well for me on pistons, jets or both.

Members who have read this thread: 0