Okay, I'm Stumped

Thread: Okay, I'm Stumped

Okay, I'm Stumped

For whatever reason three of my LDW trees, some of LW barracks and some Hangars and WF oiltanks & some buildings won't load.

I keep getting error messages they are not found in the library.

I have checked, they are all there and referenced properly in mdlnames.

I have reloaded them all, deleted filelist.dat, *.cdp, and index files and still get the errors.

I have used them before in MB for scenery creation and now they are giving me errors.

What is the solution?
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

LDW Trees or LWD Trees?? (there are both) Long time ago i had scenery lost objects messages, i was confused (like allways LOL) , and i ve found that was lacking other trees.
    Cheers
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    LDW Trees or LWD Trees?? (there are both) Long time ago i had scenery lost objects messages, i was confused (like allways LOL) , and i ve found that was lacking other trees.
    Cheers
    Mario
    Mario,

I have all 3 installed and listed in mdlnames.txt.

LDW
    LW
    LWD

But I am also getting the error from some of Wolfi's objects as well. Not all just some, as with the tree library objects.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Question Reply...

Devildog,

Not sure about this one...did you try installing everything again? It might be a long shot, but maybe your anti-virus is pulling a "Pac Man."
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

DD, How big is your OBJECTS_DP file? I know one of the hard coded limits is the size of this file. Varies with hardware, but was reported as c.1650+objects can result in random "objects not found" issues. It seems to be variable, depending on the size & number of cdp files that the game creates when it runs.

Clear out any cdp files from this folder & launch the sim. If this fixes the issue, your file size is borderline, but might return once you've used more objects in game (& generated cdp files).

Failing that, just archive a slew of object dp files that you never use (in this install). If the size of the object dp file is the culprit, this should fix it.

Icon28

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    DD, How big is your OBJECTS_DP file? I know one of the hard coded limits is the size of this file. Varies with hardware, but was reported as c.1650+objects can result in random "objects not found" issues. It seems to be variable, depending on the size & number of cdp files that the game creates when it runs.

Clear out any cdp files from this folder & launch the sim. If this fixes the issue, your file size is borderline, but might return once you've used more objects in game (& generated cdp files).

Failing that, just archive a slew of object dp files that you never use (in this install). If the size of the object dp file is the culprit, this should fix it.
    Also the amount of planes or ships affects the memory when loading other objects on the scenery. Take care to reach the limits. With time i learned it is not the amount of units, is their weight in memory . (are not the same 100 ships like cfs2 stock than 100Usio ships)
    Cheers
    Mario

I once tried to eliminate all CFS1 objects from my installs.

As long as I don't use some builders' scenery it works fine to keep the OBJECTS_DP folder smaller.

Unfortunately, several scenery builders use CFS1 objects which cause all kinds of error messages when one eliminates CFS objects.

I have deleted a bunch and will do so in the ships folder also and see if that helps.

I already used "unused planes" to determine which aircraft I could delete.

Still, with OPN Meridian and Iceberg both in the same install, aircraft covering that period are substantial, especially on the Imperial Japanese side.

The BPF side just involves several skins due to the different roundels.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    I keep getting error messages they are not found in the library.
    Perhaps check to make sure that the LWD bgl and bmp files are in the SCENEDB\inf scenery and texture folders. It should work if the scenery files (such as for example Xavier Berdaguer's Eastern Asia WWII Runways Scenery package) are looking for the LWD files in the SCENEDB\inf folders, and it appears to be the correct install location for the LWD trees.

Best Regards

Members who have read this thread: 0