Sky Unlimited Bf109F. New texture and panel.

Thread: Sky Unlimited Bf109F. New texture and panel.

Sky Unlimited Bf109F. New texture and panel.

The Sky Unlimited Friedrich is looking fantastic in CFS2. So we cant have enough texture versions. A better panel for a widescreen monitor is also added.

Morton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BF109F panel.jpg   mk_SU_BF109F_X-7.jpg   bf7.jpg   bf6.jpg   bf5.jpg   bf4.jpg  

bf2.jpg   bf1.jpg  

Wow!!! amazing pics, but I have not the model! I know is payware, at least it is multilod model?
    Thank u any way!
    Cheers
    Mario

I know is payware, at least it is multilod model? Mario
    No payware model Mario. This was released as freeware and converted by Rami and JD Tinballs a while ago.

Mort

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post
    No payware model Mario. This was released as freeware and converted by Rami and JD Tinballs a while ago.

Mort
    Sorry Morton! u are right. In fact i had to edit the model in xeditor to delete their g_lights state to use them without the error sim1sim.
    I thought u talking about the model G
    I´m glad , that i was wrong.
    So ,
    Cheers
    Mario

VERY NICE, Morton!

Very Nice!
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

mk_SU_BF109F_X-7.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: This is a complete package with 7 new skins for the SU BF109F which maybe is the most beautiful Friedrich for CFS2.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit mk_SU_BF109F_X-7.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

Morton,

These are outstanding, and I love the panel! I really was not expecting this one...and I also love this model, especially in desert colors!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Very Nice, Morton

Man! You do nice work!

I have a question. How do these panels line up with the default gunsight? I've tried them before and find that the top of it seems to show just over the top of the panel. I'm colour blind so can't see the sight on most of your panels. I've taken to going to paint.net and trying to change them but that's not really satisfactory. By raising or lowering the eye level it really throws out the sights. Trying to line up the sights with Aimit after that becomes quitei a challenge because the centre is so totally different. This becomes very noticeable for rockets in particular. Is there a work around for this?

I'd like to use your panels more but I have trouble reading the gauges. They seem to be quite a bit smaller than stock as well. I think there's a zoom that I just thought of, perhaps that's the answer for the gauges?

Cheers,
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon22 Beautiful skins!

Hi Morton,

spectacular repaints as usual!

On the other hand, I am not so sure this Friederick is better than Paul Rebuffat's model, both ETO and tropical. This is only a personal opinion, but Rebuffat's Bf109F-2, F-4 and F-4 Trop look more streamlined to me, while this one does not match scale and proportions 100%. Besides, some details are missing.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Blog Entries

2D panel "retouched"...

Comments, suggestions and corrections welcome (always a WIP)
    Available as usual...
    Cheers,

G.

As usual, nice work Morten...and you also Gaucho on the panel...all of your panels.

If i may be permitted, i'd like to offer some constructive critique on using 3D imaging for 2D paneling. As pleasing as this approach may be on the eye, its limitations can be quite aggravating for a panel editing junkie like myself. See, i'm the type who likes to appoint an instrument or switch from my extensive gauge collection to every position shown on a 2D panel bmp. But with 3D imaging, some vital gauge positions are either hidden, semi-hidden or blocked by switches, handles or other cockpit assemblies, e.g. an attitude gauge, compass or clock should not be blocked by a gunsight assembly in 2D mode. Or, in some cases, like both magneto switches shown above, a bit too much eye distance perspective is added to the image, so a standard, flat 2D BF109 magneto switch has to be placed with more insane oversizing to cover up protruding background parts of the 3D image behind it. Take the above ignition switches in both examples also...they're partially covered by the edges of the center panel plate. How would a switch gauge placed here look if it's boundaries extended over the edge...not cool.

For those like myself, a "fully functional" 2D panel is part of the free flight immersion, i.e., every shown gauge unblocked and readable, every mouse-able switch accessible and all of these items in realistic placements, perspective and proportions. But as a guy with an artistic background i can also appreciate 5-star bitmap artwork. Why not have both? Is this even a practical consideration for your respective methodologies? I realize that sometimes the approaches that an artist must take to achieve a certain end result can also have inevitable limitations in detailing. I also realize that none of this matters much when the shooting starts in combat flight simming, but for me this sim is not just about air combat. Its a junior scenery version of the civie sims with active weaponry placed in historical war settings.

Thanks to both of you for hearing me out and keep up the OUTSTANDING work

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Members who have read this thread: 1